802 posts in this topic

On 5/31/2020 at 2:21 AM, Chintis said:

I received a message this morning and I was having the same issue. I read online that sometimes you just have to click on the message and let it load for a little while. That did the trick for me on Microsoft edge (I was originally using google chrome). 

I just received an email update from them. All they said was my application was incomplete and I should upload the rest of my documents.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
5 hours ago, Trish and Oli said:

I just received an email update from them. All they said was my application was incomplete and I should upload the rest of my documents.

Hmm, does the CEAC website highlight what it is that you're missing under the documents tab?

On 5/29/2020 at 5:45 PM, Trish and Oli said:

Did NVC tell you what the message said? I still can’t get into my message either. 

I called them and asked to read it to me, it was just a confirmation that application completed and will be held until I upload supporting documents.

18 hours ago, Chintis said:

Hmm, does the CEAC website highlight what it is that you're missing under the documents tab?

It does, but I just figured out that the link they sent in the email is incorrect. If you want to check exactly what your message was supposed to say you will need to use this link https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?App=IV

Once you log in, your status will pop up on your screen telling you your status and what you need to upload. Be sure to bookmark this page because NVC didn't even acknowledge that the link they send in their email is incorrect. Hopefully if anyone else comes across this issue as they are uploading their documents, they can find this post.

18 hours ago, Davron said:

I called them and asked to read it to me, it was just a confirmation that application completed and will be held until I upload supporting documents.

I  just posted this to another member's question if you haven't seen it. Let me know if it works for you.

It does, but I just figured out that the link they sent in the email is incorrect. If you want to check exactly what your message was supposed to say you will need to use this link https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?App=IV

Once you log in, your status will pop up on your screen telling you your status and what you need to upload. Be sure to bookmark this page because NVC didn't even acknowledge that the link they send in their email is incorrect. Hopefully if anyone else comes across this issue as they are uploading their documents, they can find this post.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

How long did you wait for a case number from nvc? Today its been a month since our approval and i sent an inquiry to nvc , they texted back today saying they didnt get our case yet.

6 minutes ago, Alexwatts said:

How long did you wait for a case number from nvc? Today its been a month since our approval and i sent an inquiry to nvc , they texted back today saying they didnt get our case yet.

Hmm. Once I saw my approval in my USCIS Account, I got an email from NVC not even 24 hours later. I was surprised because they usually receive your case 1 month after your approval. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hello I am at the NVC stage, I have received email with case number and invoice number paid both AOS and DS-260 fees but I haven't seen DS-261 yet. Also DS-260 opened up and I fill it submitted along with civil documents but AOS fee still saying in process thus wont let me fill it. It both has been 8 days since cleared from bank. Does it usually take longer for AOS fee payment? Is it normal that DS-261 hasn't showed up yet? Should I contact NVC or wait? Does anybody faces or has encountered this issue?

Thank you

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline
25 minutes ago, Daxnet said:

Yeah the beauty of IOE system.

Ya i don't want to hear beauty of this BS system that works for most, but not for all.. so frustrating. 

Timeline
37 minutes ago, Alexwatts said:

Have you talked to Tier 2 in USCIS? I wonder if they send as old non-IOE style for some reason? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline
1 minute ago, hscoots said:

Have you talked to Tier 2 in USCIS? I wonder if they send as old non-IOE style for some reason? 

We contacted them twice through emma on uscis website and they said we should give nvc 90 days from our approval. The second time we ask them if they sent it cause they didnt mention on noa2 that, they said we asked them already and we should wait. So i sent an inquiry to nvc and they replied today saying they didnt get the case yet. We ll wait a few more weeks and we ll call uscis

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Alexwatts said:

We contacted them twice through emma on uscis website and they said we should give nvc 90 days from our approval. The second time we ask them if they sent it cause they didnt mention on noa2 that, they said we asked them already and we should wait. So i sent an inquiry to nvc and they replied today saying they didnt get the case yet. We ll wait a few more weeks and we ll call uscis

Ya i got similar response from Emma. I will try and get to tier 2, doubt they will let me, but Tier 2 have better insight into what's happening. Anyway goodluck, you should be getting something within next couple weeks even following the old way of sending to NVC

18 minutes ago, Eandlevo said:

Hello I am at the NVC stage, I have received email with case number and invoice number paid both AOS and DS-260 fees but I haven't seen DS-261 yet. Also DS-260 opened up and I fill it submitted along with civil documents but AOS fee still saying in process thus wont let me fill it. It both has been 8 days since cleared from bank. Does it usually take longer for AOS fee payment? Is it normal that DS-261 hasn't showed up yet? Should I contact NVC or wait? Does anybody faces or has encountered this issue?

Thank you

The DS-261 form is not a requirement. This is only a form that tells the State Department how to communicate with you during the visa process. The two applications that will have to be submitted are the DS-260 for the beneficiary and I-864 Affidavit of Support for the Petitioner. Eight days waiting time seems okay. It will probably update within a few days.

Edited by Trish and Oli
Additional comment

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.