802 posts in this topic

Hi November Filers of i130 ! My husband has sent the i130 to Texas Lockbox on 25th Nov and it was delivered on 27th Nov. Now we are waiting for the NOA1. Here I am starting the thread to share the journey of November filers. Please join and share yours...Stay blessed!

Has anyone who filed on-paper since the online option has been available get a non "EOI" case number? I am trying to figure out if all petitions regardless of online or paper are now getting the same "EOI" case numbers OR just the online ones get "EOI" numbers and the rest get the case numbers specific to their service centers?

Please reply if you see this. Thanks!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline
4 hours ago, darth vader said:

So both paper and online filers are receiving same IOE number? That means they scan on-paper petitions and put them online as well?

Yes, all cases as of around June-July (before online filing even) are all IOE

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

• Feb 14 2019: NOA1 (NSC)
  • July 31 2019: I129f NOA1
  • Sep 19 2019: I129f NOA2 (Denied - 50 days from NOA1)
  • Sep 19 2019: I130 NOA2 (Approved - 217 days from NOA1)

NVC Stage:

• Sep 27 2019: Sent to Department of State
  • Oct 31 2019: Case number received (34 days since sent)
  • Nov 1 2019: IV & AOS fees received & paid
  • Nov 14 2019: IV & AOS submitted
  • Dec 18 2019: All docs accepted, but one additional doc requested (5 weeks from submission)
  • Dec 18 2019: Requested doc submitted
  • Feb 19 2020: Documentarily Qualified (9 weeks from 2nd submission, 14 weeks from first submission)

Interview Stage:

• Mar 11 2020: Interview letter received
  • Apr 1 2020: Interview date
  • Mar 17 2020: Interview cancelled due to COVID-19
  • August 3 2020: Rescheduled letter received, new appointment August 25 2020
  • August 25 2020: Visa approved at interview! (558 days from NOA1)
  • September 10 2020: Embassy received passport in mail
  • September 15 2020: Passport with visa in hand

October 11 2020: Arrived in US!

On 11/25/2019 at 5:03 PM, ifh said:

Hello! 

My husband filed the I 130 online on Nov. 5th. We have been assigned an IOE number and it says that the benefit request has been received and it is under review.

However, we have not received the NOA1 yet. It will be 3 weeks tomorrow, should we worry? Thank you 

What service center did you get sent to?

On 11/25/2019 at 8:31 PM, Islandgirl93 said:

I have nbc as well. I think they move fast. But after you’re finger prints etc it’s your field office that accommodates you for an interview according to the slots they have. Well that’s my understanding atleast 

Why would there be an interview at local office? Is your spouse living with you in the U.S.?

On 11/28/2019 at 2:53 PM, darth vader said:

Has anyone who filed on-paper since the online option has been available get a non "EOI" case number? I am trying to figure out if all petitions regardless of online or paper are now getting the same "EOI" case numbers OR just the online ones get "EOI" numbers and the rest get the case numbers specific to their service centers?

Please reply if you see this. Thanks!

Yes, I applied by paper when the online system was up and running. My case number starts with EOI.

2 minutes ago, Trish and Oli said:

Yes, I applied by paper when the online system was up and running. My case number starts with EOI.

Can you see all your documents online? I understand that you should've got a letter to connect your paper petition to an online account?

1 hour ago, darth vader said:

Can you see all your documents online? I understand that you should've got a letter to connect your paper petition to an online account?

When I logged in for the first time a week ago, I noticed only a small part of my documents were scanned, I’m assuming since it was recently received, it was likely in process and more would be uploaded later. I decided not to freak out right away. I haven’t logged in since so I’ll check this week. I filed paper on Nov 12 and received an IOE receipt number. I have two exact copies of the petition on hand just in case 😝

36 minutes ago, Paco415 said:

When I logged in for the first time a week ago, I noticed only a small part of my documents were scanned, I’m assuming since it was recently received, it was likely in process and more would be uploaded later. I decided not to freak out right away. I haven’t logged in since so I’ll check this week. I filed paper on Nov 12 and received an IOE receipt number. I have two exact copies of the petition on hand just in case 😝

Would you mind listing what is available online? and what documents that you sent were left out (no showing up online as of yet)?

Your response will greatly help folks like us who are planning to file.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
1 hour ago, Paco415 said:

Do you have the "Upload documents" button available? As you know we're online filers so I'm curious if they offer the same to paper filed IOE's.

If they don't add your missing documents online, maybe you can just upload them yourself and save time for the RFE hahaha 😜 

15 minutes ago, Quarknase said:

Do you have the "Upload documents" button available? As you know we're online filers so I'm curious if they offer the same to paper filed IOE's.

If they don't add your missing documents online, maybe you can just upload them yourself and save time for the RFE hahaha 😜 

For the online filers does it say something like  "you can upload more documents after petition submission but there is no guarantee that it will be used in petition adjudication"?

Also, are all your documents visible to you after submission?

Edited by darth vader

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.