majamorena

November 2019 - AOS Filers

1,203 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, bedi1919 said:

Ok great news. Mail forwarding is alive and well. Although we updated our address with uscis they still sent the notice to our old address and we received the letter today. Interview is Jan 8th.petition date was Nov 8 2019

Oh man yes!!! Thank goodness :) just a few days before us... please update with your experience and best of luck!

Had the update yesterday that my interview has been scheduled.

Awaiting the notice now but the news is a wonderful Christmas gift!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Any Orlando filers out there? We have not had any updates since early December 2019. 

We are working on applying for the combo card renewal but are taken aback by the price increase. Struggling to understand how they can continue to charge nearly $1000 a year when the delays are not our fault.  

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
36 minutes ago, Heather and Zoe said:

Any Orlando filers out there? We have not had any updates since early December 2019. 

We are working on applying for the combo card renewal but are taken aback by the price increase. Struggling to understand how they can continue to charge nearly $1000 a year when the delays are not our fault.  

There are no fees for EAD/AP just like the first time you applied.

2020 Fee increase also never happened.

Edited by Ayrton

Hello everyone. 
I filed for I-485 on November 25th 2019, had my interview on December 18th 2020 and was approved on the system on December 22nd. I filed on California.

good luck anyone still waiting.

Quick update for any November filers still out there. Our status changed to Interview Was Scheduled today. Still waiting on combo card renewal which was filed at the beginning of September 2020.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Our interview is scheduled for January 27th but the AED expires on the 23rd of January and my wife's employer asked for a document to extend her employment or they have to terminate her. We are stressed. I have been trying to contact someone at USCIS but for the life of me I cannot talk to a person. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline
1 hour ago, MyFilAmFuture said:

Our interview is scheduled for January 27th but the AED expires on the 23rd of January and my wife's employer asked for a document to extend her employment or they have to terminate her. We are stressed. I have been trying to contact someone at USCIS but for the life of me I cannot talk to a person. 

Did she apply for EAD renewal?

09/25/20: AOS package (I-130/I-485/I-765/I-944) mailed out via USPS.

09/27/20: Package received by USPS.

10/24/20: Received NOA1 in the mail. PD is 09/28/20.

01/05/21: Biometrics appointment completed (Brooklyn ASC). Case updated to show fingerprints were taken (I-486 & I-765).

01/05/21: I-131 mailed via UPS.

01/17/21: Received IOE receipt number for I-131 via text.

01/25/21: Received a biometrics reuse notice for I-131.

02/02/21: I-485 Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview.

02/04/21: Received I-693 deficiency notice in the mail (dated 01/29/21).

02/09/21: Advance Parole document was produced.

02/16/21: AP in hand.
02/26/21: New Card Is Being Produced (EAD).

03/04/21: EAD in hand.

09/01/21: EAD renewal paperwork received by USCIS. IOE receipt number.

09/07/21: Receipt / 180-day automatic extension received in the mail.

09/09/21: Received a biometrics reuse notice for I-765 renewal.

10/25/21: AP renewal NOA and biometrics reuse received in the mail.

11/04/21: Interview was scheduled for 12/02.

Timeline
1 minute ago, iy2020 said:

Did she apply for EAD renewal?

No she did not. The idea never crossed our minds. I emailed the USCIS months ago about my concern. They never replied until the day after we got the schedule for the interview. They called and left an voicemail and the number to return a call is impossible to talk to a human.

1 minute ago, MyFilAmFuture said:

No she did not. The idea never crossed our minds. I emailed the USCIS months ago about my concern. They never replied until the day after we got the schedule for the interview. They called and left an voicemail and the number to return a call is impossible to talk to a human.

When did you find out that the interview was scheduled?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline
1 minute ago, MyFilAmFuture said:

Maybe others can suggest something else, but unfortunately I don’t know if there is a way to solve that issue at this point. If she had submitted for a renewal, her NOA would have automatically extended the expiration date of her EAD by 180 days: https://www.uscis.gov/i-9-central/form-i-9-resources/handbook-for-employers-m-274/handbook-for-employers-m-274/40-completing-section-2-of-form-i-9/44-automatic-extensions-of-employment-authorization-documents-eads-in-certain-circumstances

09/25/20: AOS package (I-130/I-485/I-765/I-944) mailed out via USPS.

09/27/20: Package received by USPS.

10/24/20: Received NOA1 in the mail. PD is 09/28/20.

01/05/21: Biometrics appointment completed (Brooklyn ASC). Case updated to show fingerprints were taken (I-486 & I-765).

01/05/21: I-131 mailed via UPS.

01/17/21: Received IOE receipt number for I-131 via text.

01/25/21: Received a biometrics reuse notice for I-131.

02/02/21: I-485 Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview.

02/04/21: Received I-693 deficiency notice in the mail (dated 01/29/21).

02/09/21: Advance Parole document was produced.

02/16/21: AP in hand.
02/26/21: New Card Is Being Produced (EAD).

03/04/21: EAD in hand.

09/01/21: EAD renewal paperwork received by USCIS. IOE receipt number.

09/07/21: Receipt / 180-day automatic extension received in the mail.

09/09/21: Received a biometrics reuse notice for I-765 renewal.

10/25/21: AP renewal NOA and biometrics reuse received in the mail.

11/04/21: Interview was scheduled for 12/02.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, kers123 said:

When did you find out that the interview was scheduled?

We got the mail on December 26th with the date.

2 minutes ago, iy2020 said:

Maybe others can suggest something else, but unfortunately I don’t know if there is a way to solve that issue at this point. If she had submitted for a renewal, her NOA would have automatically extended the expiration date of her EAD by 180 days: https://www.uscis.gov/i-9-central/form-i-9-resources/handbook-for-employers-m-274/handbook-for-employers-m-274/40-completing-section-2-of-form-i-9/44-automatic-extensions-of-employment-authorization-documents-eads-in-certain-circumstances

Agree. I don’t think there’s anything that can be done. We’ve all been worrying about EAD renewal ~4 months ago and most people are already approved for the renewal (including me). With the pandemic  going on we can’t rely on ‘possible’ early enough interview dates perfectly aligning with your EAD expiration.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
4 hours ago, MyFilAmFuture said:

USCIS will not tell you what to do or not. It's our job to research and do exactly what's necessary, including renew the EAD

Calling them is not gonna solve your problem, they're not going to issue her an extension.

You should've have filed for renewal. What you can do is send the forms for renewal tomorrow and pray that's she's going to receive the NOA before Jan 22.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.