majamorena

November 2019 - AOS Filers

1,203 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
1 hour ago, BellaUnion said:

They are all over the place. Some people with IOE numbers have had renewals in 4 weeks. Average seems 4 - 6 weeks. I applied for combo renewal at the beginning of September 2020 and got MSC numbers. Never got approved. Luckily I got GC approval earlier this month. Good luck.

Hey, so AP was slow to approve, but he should be good with his work permit right? I mean it expires in June also, he can’t quit his job. We need that income.

18 minutes ago, toosweetaggie said:

I hope we can just finally get his interview and GC soon. We have been stuck in biometrics received since January 31, 2020. 😩😩😩

Took us 14 months to get an interview, but you do get there eventually. Maybe even before you need a new combo card. Good luck.

6 minutes ago, toosweetaggie said:

Hey, so AP was slow to approve, but he should be good with his work permit right? I mean it expires in June also, he can’t quit his job. We need that income.

You'll get a 180 day extension from the time the card expires for EAD when you file the renewal.

Timeline
12 minutes ago, BellaUnion said:

You'll get a 180 day extension from the time the card expires for EAD when you file the renewal.

Awesome!!! Thanks for all your help. Prayerfully we get that GC and interview soon. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
2 hours ago, kers123 said:

Just got an email that my interview is scheduled in San Francisco finally! Been at 'ready to schedule interview' since 2020 January. Applied for I-485 in November 2019.

is it family based or employment based ? 

AOS/EAD/AP:

• 10-17-2018: Package Sent                                                               
  • 10-27-2018: AOS/EAD/AP NOA-1                                                      
  • 11-03-2018: Notice for biometrics                                                    
  • 11-06-2018: Biometrics appointment       
  • 03-15-2019: EAD/AP Approval 
  • 03-23-2019: EAD/AP Received 
  • 10-08-2019: EAD/AP Renewal Package sent
  • 10-14-2019: EAD/AP NOA-1 Received
  • 12-19-2019: Interview Scheduled notice
  • 01-28-2019: Interview at Sacramento FO, Approved on the spot
  • 01-28-2020:- online status changed to "New card is being produced"
  • 01-30-2020:- online status changed to "Case Approved"
  • 01-31-2020:- online status changed to "We mailed your card"       
  • 02-05-2020:- Received card in hand       

ROC:

• 11/13/2021: I-751 package sent
  • 11/19/2021: Received case # via text message
  • 11/26/2021: Received NOA1 in mail, dated 11/18/2021

58 minutes ago, _Layne said:

Guess I'm the only one left with no interview schedule yet? *sobs

Seattle is notoriously awful for wait times (as I'm sure you know already). Hang in there and good luck!

Timeline
6 hours ago, _Layne said:

Guess I'm the only one left with no interview schedule yet? *sobs

Nope! Ours still hasn’t changed to ready to be scheduled for interview. The finger prints update was made 420 days ago. Even also filed for an extension of my husband’s work permit and travel permit. It’s been over 3 weeks and yet no notice to say they even received it to be able to process it. 🤦🏾‍♀️

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 3/26/2021 at 8:03 PM, toosweetaggie said:

Nope! Ours still hasn’t changed to ready to be scheduled for interview. The finger prints update was made 420 days ago. Even also filed for an extension of my husband’s work permit and travel permit. It’s been over 3 weeks and yet no notice to say they even received it to be able to process it. 🤦🏾‍♀️

Are you also in Seattle?

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

For those who applied to renew their Work Permit and Travel document while waiting on your AOS. Did anyone receive the Notice of Action on the Travel Document, and not your Work Permit? We are hoping that since we received the Travel Document one today, we will receive the Work Permit soon. At the same time we are kind of worried because we received one and not the other today. 

Also, in follow-up how long after you received the NOA on the travel document did it take to actually get the approval notice for renewal. They are reusing his biometrics, so he doesn’t have to do that again thankfully.

• 1 month later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.