majamorena

November 2019 - AOS Filers

1,203 posts in this topic

On 12/15/2020 at 11:49 PM, bennyshannon said:

November 2019 filer here. We were supposed to have our interview today (December 15) at Fresno office in California. Went there a day before, stayed at the hotel, arrived at the USCIS office 15 minutes before our scheduled time, only to find out that the interview has been canceled because of COVID. The lady over there mentioned that the officer with our files (bundle as they called it) is teleworking and we can expect an update soon. They didn’t notify us at all in last 2 weeks about the interview cancellation and there was no update online. It still says “Interview Scheduled” on my case status. 

So here is our update. November 2019 San Francisco Bay Area filer (Interview was scheduled at Fresno office)

December 15: date of scheduled interview (read above for what happened)

December 18: notification that interview was canceled 

Jan 6: RFE issued (for I-693 and proof of bona fide relationship)

Jan 7: I-130 approved 

Jan 14: USCIS received RFE response 

Jan 20: Green card in production

Jan 21: I-485 Approved 

16 hours ago, bennyshannon said:

So here is our update. November 2019 San Francisco Bay Area filer (Interview was scheduled at Fresno office)

Interview waived? Nice. Congratulations!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I’m a November 2019 New York City filer. Had my interview today (My first interview was canceled because of bad weather(snowstorm in 2020). The officer was very friendly (he apologized for the wait. 10:45am appointment but didn’t get to us until 11:35am) The interview went smoothly, only questions he asked were Yes/No based off the I-485 form and when did my wife and I move in together. He didn’t ask my wife any questions other than her name as it appears on her ID. He asked for a few pictures from our album and some joint statement documents which he kept. He said we were the first good couple he’d seen for the day so far. Got approved on the spot. One hour later website updated to “New Card Being Produced”  :)

FO: Manhattan, NYC

11/06/2019: Priority Date
12/04/2019: Bio
01/2X/2020: "Ready Schedule Interview"
02/13/2020: EAD/AP combo card approved

Interview Date: pending

2 minutes ago, Edict1113 said:

Got approved on the spot. One hour later website updated to “New Card Being Produced”  :)

Thanks for sharing your experience with those of us still waiting and congratulations!

Timeline
3 hours ago, BellaUnion said:

Thanks for sharing your experience with those of us still waiting and congratulations!

Thank you :)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Austria
Timeline
4 hours ago, Edict1113 said:

I’m a November 2019 New York City filer. Had my interview today (My first interview was canceled because of bad weather(snowstorm in 2020). The officer was very friendly (he apologized for the wait. 10:45am appointment but didn’t get to us until 11:35am) The interview went smoothly, only questions he asked were Yes/No based off the I-485 form and when did my wife and I move in together. He didn’t ask my wife any questions other than her name as it appears on her ID. He asked for a few pictures from our album and some joint statement documents which he kept. He said we were the first good couple he’d seen for the day so far. Got approved on the spot. One hour later website updated to “New Card Being Produced”  :)

Congratulations and thanks for sharing! I am glad to see movement at the NYC office. I filed End of January 2020 so I still have some waiting to do 🙁

Timeline
11 hours ago, Karosuko said:

Congratulations and thanks for sharing! I am glad to see movement at the NYC office. I filed End of January 2020 so I still have some waiting to do 🙁

Thank you. Good luck. I’ve seen movement for December 2019 filers so January 2020 may be up next sooner than you think. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Glad to see the recent approvals and updates. Good that Nov 2019 cases are getting picked up at the busiest field offices.

Timeline
On 1/22/2021 at 12:02 AM, bennyshannon said:

Congratulations!!

Had my interview this morning at the Phoenix office. Was approved on the spot!

The officer interviewing us wasn't overly friendly but pleasant and business like. She did apologize for the late start, our appointment was 7:15 and we didn't go in until 8:30am. She only asked a couple of questions about the relationship (where we met, when we started dating, when we got engaged and who was at our wedding.) She then proceeded to go through all the I-485 questions, asked if we wanted to submit any additional documents and then we were done. Status updated to "New card being produced" before we even left the parking lot.

Glad to be done with this part of the journey and wishing everyone who is still waiting all the best!

Timeline
10 minutes ago, MavsFan77 said:

The officer interviewing us wasn't overly friendly but pleasant and business like. She did apologize for the late start, our appointment was 7:15 and we didn't go in until 8:30am. She only asked a couple of questions about the relationship (where we met, when we started dating, when we got engaged and who was at our wedding.) She then proceeded to go through all the I-485 questions, asked if we wanted to submit any additional documents and then we were done. Status updated to "New card being produced" before we even left the parking lot.

Glad to be done with this part of the journey and wishing everyone who is still waiting all the best!

Congrats! I had my interview last Tuesday and I got my card in the mail today. 6 days 

Timeline

Got approved in my Interview was last week Tuesday (Jan. 26)  and I received my GC in the mail today (Feb. 1). 6 day wait for the card. 

-November 2019 NYC filer 

Edited by Edict1113

5 hours ago, MavsFan77 said:

5 hours ago, Edict1113 said:

Congrats! I had my interview last Tuesday and I got my card in the mail today. 6 days 

Congrats to both of you. We have our interview this week. Hoping it goes as smoothly as both of yours.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Had our interview yesterday, just the standard AOS questions plus how we met,why we decided to get married, do we plan on having kids and what have we been doing during the pandemic. Officer said he has to evaluate the case cause there has been a backlogged and a lot of officers were not able to come to work cause of the snow. Waiting for the results is making me anxious. Hopefully, it all goes well

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

We had our interview scheduled for yesterday. Signed in 15 mins before our interview was scheduled as instructed on the appointment letter. We were issued a ticket and asked to join a handful of others in the waiting area. We waited approximately 30 mins after our scheduled time and then an officer called our ticket number. As we approached the door expecting to be led to an interview room, as other couples ahead of us had, we were instead handed a clipboard and asked to sign a piece of paper. The officer explained that after reviewing our file he felt no need to interview us and that our card would be sent to us in the mail shortly. We were very surprised, but we are definitely not complaining. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.