majamorena

November 2019 - AOS Filers

1,203 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
1 hour ago, Heather and Zoe said:

We had our interview scheduled for yesterday. Signed in 15 mins before our interview was scheduled as instructed on the appointment letter. We were issued a ticket and asked to join a handful of others in the waiting area. We waited approximately 30 mins after our scheduled time and then an officer called our ticket number. As we approached the door expecting to be led to an interview room, as other couples ahead of us had, we were instead handed a clipboard and asked to sign a piece of paper. The officer explained that after reviewing our file he felt no need to interview us and that our card would be sent to us in the mail shortly. We were very surprised, but we are definitely not complaining. 

Congratulations!

FO: Manhattan, NYC

11/06/2019: Priority Date
12/04/2019: Bio
01/2X/2020: "Ready Schedule Interview"
02/13/2020: EAD/AP combo card approved

Interview Date: pending

Had our interview this week and were approved. There's a more detailed account of the experience below if anyone is interested. Good luck to everyone still waiting!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On 1/21/2021 at 10:54 PM, Traveler6A said:

Our EAD renewal was right around 5 weeks with an IOE number.  Still waiting for movement on the AOS front.

Hi,what are the documents you send in with your EAD renewal

Edited by nicky23

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On 1/6/2021 at 1:08 PM, kers123 said:

Agree. I don’t think there’s anything that can be done. We’ve all been worrying about EAD renewal ~4 months ago and most people are already approved for the renewal (including me). With the pandemic  going on we can’t rely on ‘possible’ early enough interview dates perfectly aligning with your EAD expiration.

Hi,what address did you use for your renewal 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Just a quick update, finally got the email of the card being mailed to me. 2 weeks after the interview and a new AP/EAD card. would I still need the AP/EAD when travelling or is my green card enough?

3 hours ago, raphappel said:

Just a quick update, finally got the email of the card being mailed to me. 2 weeks after the interview and a new AP/EAD card. would I still need the AP/EAD when travelling or is my green card enough?

Use your GC. You're done with the combo card.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
On 1/21/2021 at 9:54 PM, Traveler6A said:

Our EAD renewal was right around 5 weeks with an IOE number.  Still waiting for movement on the AOS front.

What is an IOE number?

We are sending the two applications to renew our combo card on Friday. 

7 hours ago, toosweetaggie said:

What is an IOE number?

IOE means electronic processing. Usually much faster than on paper,  i.e. NBC. It's a ####### shoot whether you get allocated IOE or MSC (NBC).

Timeline
1 hour ago, BellaUnion said:

IOE means electronic processing. Usually much faster than on paper,  i.e. NBC. It's a ####### shoot whether you get allocated IOE or MSC (NBC).

O okay. Thanks!

So if his receipt number is MSC then it’s on paper?

Hopefully it is still quick. His combo card expires June 1, but we are hoping to take a trip out of the country on June 18.

48 minutes ago, toosweetaggie said:

Yes. 

49 minutes ago, toosweetaggie said:

Hopefully it is still quick. His combo card expires June 1, but we are hoping to take a trip out of the country on June 18.

Hopefully you get IOE numbers. If MSC, there's a good chance it won't be processed by June.

53 minutes ago, toosweetaggie said:

O okay. Thanks!

my Advance Parole renewal is from October 2020 and started with a IOE receipt number and is still not being processed/approved.

1 minute ago, kers123 said:

my Advance Parole renewal is from October 2020 and started with a IOE receipt number and is still not being processed/approved.

They are all over the place. Some people with IOE numbers have had renewals in 4 weeks. Average seems 4 - 6 weeks. I applied for combo renewal at the beginning of September 2020 and got MSC numbers. Never got approved. Luckily I got GC approval earlier this month. Good luck.

2 minutes ago, BellaUnion said:

They are all over the place. Some people with IOE numbers have had renewals in 4 weeks. Average seems 4 - 6 weeks. I applied for combo renewal at the beginning of September 2020 and got MSC numbers. Never got approved. Luckily I got GC approval earlier this month. Good luck.

thanks for responding & it's just nuts that it takes them that long. Congrats !!! no renewals needed for you.

Timeline
1 hour ago, BellaUnion said:

Thanks!! Well I guess we will just keep praying it gets approved, but will not buy plane tickets or we will buy them and get the travel insurance.

Gosh this process sucks!!! I hope we can just finally get his interview and GC soon. We have been stuck in biometrics received since January 31, 2020. 😩😩😩

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.