majamorena

November 2019 - AOS Filers

1,203 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Anyone in one of the west coast states had their interview or had their interview scheduled yet? We’re still waiting for scheduling. 

1 hour ago, Traveler6A said:

Anyone in one of the west coast states had their interview or had their interview scheduled yet? We’re still waiting for scheduling. 

In the west but not on the coast. No movement for me here in Phoenix so have filed for EAD & AP renewal.

3 hours ago, Traveler6A said:

No movement here. Also still waiting on combo card renewal filed in September. 

13 hours ago, Traveler6A said:

November 2019 filer here. We were supposed to have our interview today (December 15) at Fresno office in California. Went there a day before, stayed at the hotel, arrived at the USCIS office 15 minutes before our scheduled time, only to find out that the interview has been canceled because of COVID. The lady over there mentioned that the officer with our files (bundle as they called it) is teleworking and we can expect an update soon. They didn’t notify us at all in last 2 weeks about the interview cancellation and there was no update online. It still says “Interview Scheduled” on my case status. 

13 hours ago, bennyshannon said:

November 2019 filer here. We were supposed to have our interview today (December 15) at Fresno office in California. Went there a day before, stayed at the hotel, arrived at the USCIS office 15 minutes before our scheduled time, only to find out that the interview has been canceled because of COVID. The lady over there mentioned that the officer with our files (bundle as they called it) is teleworking and we can expect an update soon. They didn’t notify us at all in last 2 weeks about the interview cancellation and there was no update online. It still says “Interview Scheduled” on my case status. 

That's pretty bad, even by USCIS standards. The least they could have done was called you or left a voicemail. Sorry to hear this and good luck with your rescheduling.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi! So we finally got our interview scheduled for January 13th after filing November 2019, problem is I would have to reschedule due to covid restrictions of not being out of the country for at least 2 weeks. how long do you think would I have to wait for the next available interview schedule?

Interview scheduled December 3rd still no letter. Guys im nervous we will miss the interview it is for the fairfax office. Called and an email was sent to tier 2 but still no reply. Any advice

On 12/15/2020 at 8:30 PM, CDNgirl09 said:

Interview scheduled for January 12 in DC office, will follow up with experience!

When was your case updated that an interview was scheduled.. we were updated dec 3rd but still no letter 

41 minutes ago, bedi1919 said:

Interview scheduled December 3rd still no letter. Guys im nervous we will miss the interview it is for the fairfax office. Called and an email was sent to tier 2 but still no reply. Any advice

When was your case updated that an interview was scheduled.. we were updated dec 3rd but still no letter 

It updated online December 8 and then received the letter about 6 days later. It looks like yours is going to be scheduled early January

5 hours ago, CDNgirl09 said:

It updated online December 8 and then received the letter about 6 days later. It looks like yours is going to be scheduled early January

This is exactly what I am afraid of.. no letter to date but case updated dec 3rd. Im assuming we are scheduled jan 4th or Jan 5th. Without a letter there isn't much we can do. I dont want to miss the appointment 

4 minutes ago, bedi1919 said:

This is exactly what I am afraid of.. no letter to date but case updated dec 3rd. Im assuming we are scheduled jan 4th or Jan 5th. Without a letter there isn't much we can do. I dont want to miss the appointment 

Call again as soon as they open call

center and demand a tier 2 officer to resend and read it out to you.

On 12/19/2020 at 8:38 PM, CDNgirl09 said:

Call again as soon as they open call

center and demand a tier 2 officer to resend and read it out to you.

Tried that again today and was told that they no longer transfer to tier two by phone instead they put you in a line to be contacted and send you an email. I tried this on Dec 15th an have yet to get a reply.. Whats even more uncanny is that we got the same service rep when we called a man by the name of Gary. Very kind guy but makes no difference if we miss the appointment. We were told that the letter is not recorded as sent from his view although the notice online states a letter was mailed Dec 3rd.. We requested an infopass appointment to simply go and get a copy of the letter ourselves in person. Hoping the request for an info pass will trigger a quicker reply. Oh 2020 what a year you are :)

On 12/21/2020 at 8:54 AM, bedi1919 said:

Tried that again today and was told that they no longer transfer to tier two by phone instead they put you in a line to be contacted and send you an email. I tried this on Dec 15th an have yet to get a reply.. Whats even more uncanny is that we got the same service rep when we called a man by the name of Gary. Very kind guy but makes no difference if we miss the appointment. We were told that the letter is not recorded as sent from his view although the notice online states a letter was mailed Dec 3rd.. We requested an infopass appointment to simply go and get a copy of the letter ourselves in person. Hoping the request for an info pass will trigger a quicker reply. Oh 2020 what a year you are :)

Ok great news. Mail forwarding is alive and well. Although we updated our address with uscis they still sent the notice to our old address and we received the letter today. Interview is Jan 8th.petition date was Nov 8 2019

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.