majamorena

November 2019 - AOS Filers

1,203 posts in this topic

Just now, HanVis said:

My assumption is they wouldn't bother because once you go to the interview you can work anyway right? (fingers crossed that all goes well) 

My interview is on the 4th and my EAD hasn't changed from fingerprints received, that is the only reason I could think why. Been 87 days since our application was received. 

I'm still learning about all this and could be completely wrong, please someone correct me if so.

We are along the same timeline. Mine is 84 days since application received. 

from what I can tell some people still get their EAD right before their interviews. I’m just hoping cause I am already interviewing for some jobs. 2 Out of 3 right now I really want - but one has stalled because they want someone who can start sooner than end of March... would be nice to tell them I am able to meet their timeline... 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 2/16/2020 at 8:56 AM, NJShoreMom said:

We just got an RFIE, one for birth certificate which we sent, and also asking for i-864 which we also sent!  Doesn't say anything is wrong or that income is insufficent, just a generic "submit a competed and signed form I-864 for the petitioning sponsor listed on Form i-130 or form i-129F.  it also states that "if you have submitted form i-864, the version you submitted is no longer accepted.  (I thought new forms were if postmarked later then feb 24?)

ugh of course i will call, since the instructions were so vague, (and of course frustrating since these were things already sent) but has anyone had this happen or can anyone offer clarification?  thanks!

Did it say you need to submit a specific version of I-864? Because I got an RFIE about that. I initially sent a (not-so) different version of I864 form, it was the one I downloaded from the site at the moment. But turns out they wanted the 03/06/18 version. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

How is everyone? I hope to get any updates on my applications this week. Mine still says 'RFIE response is received' and no changes on EAD. :<

@_Layne

Straight from the USCIS website.

What to Know About Sending Us Your Form

The current edition of the Form I-485, dated 07/15/19 and 12/23/17:

• We will accept the 07/15/19 and 12/23/17 edition of this form if it is postmarked before Feb. 24, 2020
  • We will not accept the 07/15/19 and 12/23/17 edition if it is postmarked on or after Feb. 24, 2020, except those submitted by aliens/petitions with a physical address in Illinois [see information for Illinois]

Only download your forms from the USCIS website!

Edited by Sarge2155

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Timeline
2 hours ago, _Layne said:

Did it say you need to submit a specific version of I-864? Because I got an RFIE about that. I initially sent a (not-so) different version of I864 form, it was the one I downloaded from the site at the moment. But turns out they wanted the 03/06/18 version. 

Hi.  I downloaded the latest version which is the 03/06/18 version I believe.  They never said specifically anything was wrong, they just asked me to submit it even tho we already did!  I am calling tomarrow to see if they can be more specific as to what exactly they need, but I am freaking out because new forms are coming out that you must use after feb.24 and not sure what they are gonna entail!

On 2/16/2020 at 10:10 AM, Sarge2155 said:

Unfortunately Dallas local office is one of the slowest, our local  office is Dallas I'm a September 2019 filer just over 5 months now. It's  taking in excess of 10 months to get interviewed and also takes awhile for the combo card. It seems to me that the combo card approval is tied to the scheduling of the interview even though they are approved in different locations. That's  the way it looks especially with Dallas filers.

Ah that is sad news. On a positive note though, my EAD status has changed to "New Card is being Produced" today, so hopefully you'll get yours soon too!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Sweden
Timeline

Hello VJ, long time no see! Happy to see so many cases progressing, GO NOVEMBER FILERS! Unfortunately I'm a little devastated right now. I got an RFIE for a signed birth certificate on January 24th. I ordered a the document from Sweden when I got the RFIE. According to them they sent it on Febrary 7th, but it still hasn't arrived :( So frustrating that my whole life is in hold because of a piece of paper. Hopefully it'll be in this week. 

Has anyone who had an RFIE has received an EAD or interview date yet?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Hi Everyone! We just interviewed today :) ...the officer was super nice and said to expect the Green Card in the mail in 5 weeks or less. She also checked the computer for us and said the Work Authorization and the Advance Parole For Travel was approved on 2/14, mailed today (2/19). ...No complaints right now, the hard part is over! Wishing speedy approvals for everyone. Glad to see the cases moving along.

Edited by Emmandis
Typo

1 minute ago, Emmandis said:

Hi Everyone! We just interviewed today :) ...the officer was super nice and said to expect the Green Card in the mail in 5 weeks or less. She also checked the computer for us and said the Work Authorization was approved on 2/19, and the Advance Parole For Travel was approved on 2/14. ...No complaints right now, the hard part is over! Wishing speedy approvals for everyone. Glad to see the cases moving along.

Congrats! 
Did she say when you will receive the EAD? Do you still need it since the Green Card is approved? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

14 minutes ago, KenandBina said:

Congrats! 
Did she say when you will receive the EAD? Do you still need it since the Green Card is approved? 

Hi! My first post had a typo lol. Originally I meant to say both the EAD and the Advance Parole were approved on 2/14 and the card was MAILED on 2/19. I asked her if we needed the EAD/AP and she said the card will arrive before the Green Card and for him to use that in the meantime. I asked her if we need a passport stamp and understandably she said no. The Officer said the file looked good and she doesn't see any reason why she wouldn't approve it and if anything is missing to just mail a reply to whatever the RFE would say. I asked her if my husband should just wait for the actual Green Card to work/travel and she said it's up to us we don't have to wait. Once the Green Card arrives it trumps the EAD/AP card.

17 hours ago, DonnieOlena said:

Interview scheduled March 19th in Cincinnati.

EAD card being made was texted this morning

Same day as my husbands interview, but we have to go to Philly. :) 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.