dwheels76

NVC Filers - October 2019

1,045 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
35 minutes ago, Yannary said:

It seems to me like resubmissions take much longer to review. Our first submission was on May 20. I submitted our last requested documents on September 18. Still waiting for a review. This is so discouraging, especially since I ound out today I am pregnant. I can't do this without my husband here 😭

Congratulations on your pregnancy!!🍾🥂💐 Your husband will be there with you soon, I am sure!

Hello everyone, 

Is there somebody who paid in October, 4th and the status is still in process ? I know that we paid on Firday so i think the status should change to “paid” today right? 

One more question, when scanning the files like the passport and driving license, is it okay if the sides of the paper are shown? Because the driving license’s size is very small comparing to A4 paper or do we have to submit it as a picture so that only the card is shown?? And the scanning must be from the top right angle? Like if the passport is positioned in the middle of the top side of the paper that’s okay!?  so many people are talking about documents being rejected for similar reasons!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Sja17 said:

Hello everyone, 

Is there somebody who paid in October, 4th and the status is still in process ? I know that we paid on Firday so i think the status should change to “paid” today right? 

One more question, when scanning the files like the passport and driving license, is it okay if the sides of the paper are shown? Because the driving license’s size is very small comparing to A4 paper or do we have to submit it as a picture so that only the card is shown?? And the scanning must be from the top right angle? Like if the passport is positioned in the middle of the top side of the paper that’s okay!?  so many people are talking about documents being rejected for similar reasons!

the status will change in  paid today or tomorrow.

you can crop the image and just combine both sides. if the scan is clear, no corners are cut and right side up ...your documents will get approved

Edited by Rupi

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On 10/2/2019 at 8:44 PM, Nyhearts said:

I got DQ today!!!😊

All Docs were submitted on Sept 19th. 

Now the wait for Interview letter... 

Hi, what is DQ?

Nebraska Service Center
Consulate : Jamaica
Marriage : 5/31/19
I-130 Sent : 6/14/19
I-130 NOA1 : 6/20/19 
I-129F Sent :    8/9/19
I-129F NOA1 :    8/13/19
1-130 Approved: 9/26/19

I-129F Denied: 9/26/19

Approval Sent to NVC: 10/9/19  
NVC Received : 10/17/19

NVC Case# Received : 11/8/19

NVC Payments Made : 11/8/19

Documents Submitted : 12/2/19

Documents Approved : 1/10/2020

Documents sent to JA Embassy : 1/21/2020

Medical Exam Complete : 1/24/2020

Interview Date : 2/3/2020 (APPROVED)

Administrative Processing : 2/3/2020 - Original JA Marriage Certificate requested

Mailed Marriage Certificate: 2/3/2020

Marriage Certificate Arrived at JA Embassy: 2/6/2020

CEAC shows "Issued":  2/24/2020 :dance:

"The U.S. Department of State Consulate located in Kingston has released document related to your Visa application to our courier DHL Express." 2/27/2020 😄💃♥️

VISA IN HAND - FLIGHT BOOKED - 3/2/2020 :joy:

Hubby Arrived in US: 3/4/2020

7 hours ago, Sam17 said:

Is  there anyone who submit documents in sep and got accepted by nvc???.

Submitted 9/18 patiently waiting.....

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Cameroon
Timeline
3 hours ago, Yannary said:

It seems to me like resubmissions take much longer to review. Our first submission was on May 20. I submitted our last requested documents on September 18. Still waiting for a review. This is so discouraging, especially since I ound out today I am pregnant. I can't do this without my husband here 😭

Been at NVC since May 20?

That's such a long time

Is there any particular reason for the hold up?

I got my DQ email today. It is currently showing our case going to Abu Dhabi, but we would like to now transfer the case to London. My husbands work contract ended in Dubai so he has moved back home. Does anyone have any experience with this? I filled out inquiry form with NVC once I knew they had the case and then was told I had to wait until I had case number for them to change embassies. Once I received case number I submitted another inquiry, but we never heard back. Didn't expect to get DQed so quickly, so now wondering if our best bet is to stick with Abu Dhabi or continue with trying to transfer.  Any help is appreciated! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On 10/1/2019 at 4:36 PM, Tybeau2 said:

Not just you.  I've been stuck at the NVC since May.  They approve documents and then a month later reject the very same document.   It's ridiculous.  And every time you resubmit, it's back to the end of the line.

they do me the same thing for four months.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
24 minutes ago, S.Fletcher said:

I got my DQ email today. It is currently showing our case going to Abu Dhabi, but we would like to now transfer the case to London. My husbands work contract ended in Dubai so he has moved back home. Does anyone have any experience with this? I filled out inquiry form with NVC once I knew they had the case and then was told I had to wait until I had case number for them to change embassies. Once I received case number I submitted another inquiry, but we never heard back. Didn't expect to get DQed so quickly, so now wondering if our best bet is to stick with Abu Dhabi or continue with trying to transfer.  Any help is appreciated! 

When did you submitted docs?

Timeline
53 minutes ago, S.Fletcher said:

I had a question.. to change embassies

My husband and I would like to change our embassy.

Did you write nvc?  You had to send a work permit or something?

11 minutes ago, Saci Singh said:

I had a question.. to change embassies

My husband and I would like to change our embassy.

Did you write nvc?  You had to send a work permit or something?

I filled out the nvc inquiry form. I have not changed embassies yet. Still waiting to hear back. 

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/ask-nvc.html?wcmmode=disabled

Timeline
16 minutes ago, S.Fletcher said:

I filled out the nvc inquiry form. I have not changed embassies yet. Still waiting to hear back. 

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/ask-nvc.html?wcmmode=disabled

Ok thank you.. we wanted to change.

The Mumbai embassy doesn't want to listen to my congressman.  I had medical reason and a danger I'm facing in India.  They couldn't care less whether we are on the streets.  They don't care for their citizens abroad also. We can get raped, beaten up.  They really don't care.  My husband and me had to run from our home last week due to a threat we faced with some gang members.  They threatend to beat me.  They told my husband.  They said I was American trash and those kind of people don't belong to India.  We ran from our home, boarded a bus and went to Delhi. Mumbai didn't care.

So I have no choice but to leave India and my husband also.  He is working on getting some work permit for Trinidad.. that's what I was told by nvc. Some worker permit.  Still don't know.

Unless we just stick it out right here in India but move to some city, like Mumbai and spend our time.  But I can't stay in the Uttar Pradesh area. So dangerous.  And police in India do Not care. (Period)

Edited by Saci Singh

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.