NVC Filers - October 2019

1,045 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
54 minutes ago, Andy & Val said:

Ours changed to "paid" within three working days of payment

Then we filled the DS-260

After that we started uploading

Have you heard anything back from NVC after your re-submission? I am still waiting for them to review mine (first and only submission Sep 13). We used maiden name for my wife on I-130 and all NVC documents are married name. I am wondering if that is causing any delays...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Cameroon
Timeline
11 minutes ago, Swadesfan said:

Have you heard anything back from NVC after your re-submission? I am still waiting for them to review mine (first and only submission Sep 13). We used maiden name for my wife on I-130 and all NVC documents are married name. I am wondering if that is causing any delays...

Nothing yet since our Sep 25th re-submission.

I don't think the name change is the cause of the delays because we did the same thing in both stages.

I really don't know the criteria for their reviews but I am tempted to think it's more of random than orderly.

I am hopeful that our cases will be complete before the month runs out.

Edited by Andy & Val

Timeline
Just now, Andy & Val said:

Nothing yet since my Oct 25th re-submission.

I don't think the name change is the cause of the delays because we did the same thing on both stages.

I really don't know the criteria for their reviews but I am tempted to think it's more of random than orderly.

October 25?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Cameroon
Timeline
Just now, Rupi said:

they are taking long time to review. 

I bet they are!

Unfortunately there's nothing anyone can do about it

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Peter and Kat said:

Anybody else waiting since August? Submitted once on 8/27 and still haven't heard back since then

i am here with you 😭

29 minutes ago, Rupi said:

i am here with you 😭

This has turned out to be such a long wait. 😔 I sure hope we both hear some good news this week! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
9 hours ago, Jaret&Rachael said:

It asks for the type of social media platform (facebook, instagram, etc.) in a scroll down menu, then you write what name your profile is under in the space provided. You can add multiple and you need to supply them with all the profiles you have had on social media within the past 5 years (on the applicable platforms they have available in the menu.)

I did not supply links.

Thankyou! 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Andy & Val said:

Nothing yet since our Sep 25th re-submission.

I don't think the name change is the cause of the delays because we did the same thing in both stages.

Thanks for the info. They are randomly picking cases for review. I am hoping that I hear something this week.

1 hour ago, Rupi said:

they are taking long time to review. 

I don't know what are they doing.

First, Nebraska was 1 year wait for I-130 approval (Potomac ~4-5 months, Texas ~6-8 Months)

Then, 1 month to just send to NVC (all other SC does it within 1-2 weeks)

Then, 1 month for case number (This is normal)

Then, almost at 1 month and still not have first review (This is normal as well, however, some people gets reviewed in less than 2 week, couple of in just 2-3 days!!!), I am really happy for the people who got approved quicker.

Then, Mumbai...that is going to be another 3-4 months wait....

Initially when I submitted I-130 (July 2018), I told my wife that she would be here in July 2019...then I told her October 2019...Then December 2019...Now it seems like it will be Jan-Feb 2020...

I am hoping we all hear good news this week.

12 minutes ago, Swadesfan said:

Thanks for the info. They are randomly picking cases for review. I am hoping that I hear something this week.

I don't know what are they doing.

First, Nebraska was 1 year wait for I-130 approval (Potomac ~4-5 months, Texas ~6-8 Months)

Then, 1 month to just send to NVC (all other SC does it within 1-2 weeks)

Then, 1 month for case number (This is normal)

Then, almost at 1 month and still not have first review (This is normal as well, however, some people gets reviewed in less than 2 week, couple of in just 2-3 days!!!), I am really happy for the people who got approved quicker.

Then, Mumbai...that is going to be another 3-4 months wait....

Initially when I submitted I-130 (July 2018), I told my wife that she would be here in July 2019...then I told her October 2019...Then December 2019...Now it seems like it will be Jan-Feb 2020...

I am hoping we all hear good news this week.

I know what you mean. we have been at NVC a long time as well. First review took 6 weeks. Second waiting 5 weeks already.

Timeline
Just now, Peter and Kat said:

Woah I'm so happy for you!!! I hope mine comes soon 😭

thank youuuuu .... you will get it in one or two days

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.