TBoneTX

March 2019 AOS Filers -- Part 2

636 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, americaninlove said:

Our green card interview is tomorrow. Freaking out just a little bit! For good luck we went and got flu shots today (that was the one vaccine he didn't get) just in case lol. For my very needle-phobic husband, it was a big event. Anything last minute I haven't thought of? Hope it goes smoothly!

I hope your interview will go smooth!! Fingers crossed for you guys!!

19 hours ago, americaninlove said:

Our green card interview is tomorrow. Freaking out just a little bit! For good luck we went and got flu shots today (that was the one vaccine he didn't get) just in case lol. For my very needle-phobic husband, it was a big event. Anything last minute I haven't thought of? Hope it goes smoothly!

You will make it ! Almost there ! 🙏🏼

Fingers crossed!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Hi everyone,

Congratulations to all of you who have received your EAD card or already your Greencard! And much patience and best wishes to everyone who is still waiting!

I have a question regarding filling out an I-9 form for my employer. I will start working in 2 weeks after receiving my EAD card a few days ago. I have a pending AOS application family based: c9 (K-1 visa).

Which of those did you pick when filling out? Do I need to choose 4 because I have not received the green card yet?

3) A lawful permanent resident: An individual who is not a U.S. citizen and who resides in the United States under legally recognized and lawfully recorded permanent residence as an immigrant. This term includes conditional residents. Asylees and refugees should not select this status, but should instead select "An Alien authorized to work" below.

If you select “lawful permanent resident,” enter your 7- to 9-digit Alien Registration Number (A-Number), including the “A,” or USCIS Number in the space provided. When completing this field using a computer, use the dropdown provided to indicate whether you have entered an Alien Number or a USCIS Number. At this time, the USCIS Number is the same as the A-Number without the “A” prefix.

4) An alien authorized to work: An individual who is not a citizen or national of the United States, or a lawful permanent resident, but is authorized to work in the United States.

If you select this box, enter the date that your employment authorization expires, if any, in the space provided. In most cases, your employment authorization expiration date is found on the document(s) evidencing your employment authorization. Refugees, asylees and certain citizens of the Federated States of Micronesia, the Republic of the Marshall Islands, or Palau, and other aliens whose employment authorization does not have an expiration date should enter N/A in the Expiration Date field. In some cases, such as if you have Temporary Protected Status, your employment authorization may have been automatically extended; in these cases, you should enter the expiration date of the automatic extension in this space.

I would appreciate your help because I could not find a clear answer online..

Thank you all :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
27 minutes ago, aprilfiler2018 said:

Which of those did you pick when filling out? Do I need to choose 4 because I have not received the green card yet?

Since you do not have Green Card yet, and using SSN with EAD, Alien authorized for work is the most accurate for you. Your SSN still has restrictive wording on it, so 4 is by far most accurate. I also suggest you run e-Verify self check on yourself (free) to make sure there are no surprises. https://www.e-verify.gov/mye-verify/self-check

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Shiran said:

Since you do not have Green Card yet, and using SSN with EAD, Alien authorized for work is the most accurate for you. Your SSN still has restrictive wording on it, so 4 is by far most accurate. I also suggest you run e-Verify self check on yourself (free) to make sure there are no surprises. https://www.e-verify.gov/mye-verify/self-check

Hi Shiran,

Thank you very much! That was what I was thinking. :)

What do you mean with surprises regarding the e-verify? I tried to do the e-verification via my USCIS online account, but it did not work. The information coming up was incorrect. Do you know why?

Edited by aprilfiler2018

2 hours ago, Shiran said:

Post GC mini-update: Monday Sept 16, same day GC showed up in the mail visited both DMV and SSA office (in that order) to get Real ID DL and SSN card without "DHS Authorization required" wording. No issues at either office.

SSN card arrived Saturday, Sept 21. CA Real ID DL arrived Wednesday Sept 25. It is a proper Real ID card, expiring in 4 years, (2023, on the birthday as it usually goes with State IDs) This is good news, as it will be valid during the period when 2 year green card will need to be renewed. We are fully settled at least as far as bureaucracy aspects of immigration and state are concerned. 

• Green Card, good for 2 years (2021)
  • SSN, with no restrictions, good for life
  • CA Real ID, good util 2023. 

Thanks for this -- did you already have a drivers license in CA? My husband got one in PA but only valid for a year. When he gets the GC I guess he can go and update it? Or maybe he needs to wait until it's ready to expire...not sure. And did you take anything for SSA office besides your SS card and green card?

2 hours ago, Shiran said:

Post GC mini-update: Monday Sept 16, same day GC showed up in the mail visited both DMV and SSA office (in that order) to get Real ID DL and SSN card without "DHS Authorization required" wording. No issues at either office.

SSN card arrived Saturday, Sept 21. CA Real ID DL arrived Wednesday Sept 25. It is a proper Real ID card, expiring in 4 years, (2023, on the birthday as it usually goes with State IDs) This is good news, as it will be valid during the period when 2 year green card will need to be renewed. We are fully settled at least as far as bureaucracy aspects of immigration and state are concerned. 

• Green Card, good for 2 years (2021)
  • SSN, with no restrictions, good for life
  • CA Real ID, good util 2023. 

Congrats, what is your local office? Mine is San Francisco and we are waiting to get our interview date since May

K1 VISA: Done in 346 days

Spoiler

Jan 5, 2018: Preparation Started                                                                                   October 31, 2018: Medical Check Up                                                           

Jan 19, 2018: I-129F Packet Sent                                                                                  Nov 2, 2018: Consulate Received                                                                              

Jan 22, 2018: Electronic NOA1 Received                                                                     Nov 6, 2018: Packet 4 Received

Feb 1, 2018: Hard Copy NOA1 Received                                                                       Dec 6, 2018: Interview (APPROVED!!!)

Oct 2, 2018: NOA2 (254 DAYS after NOA1) ***No RFE                                             Dec 11, 2018: Visa Received

Oct 16, 2018: NVC Received                                                                                           Dec 17, 2018: POE (11 Months and 12 days since Starting K1)

October 30, 2018: NVC Left

AOS | SF Local Office: Done in 357 days

Spoiler

Dec 17, 2018: POE                                                                                                                March 5, 2019: Biometrics at ASC in SF

Dec 27, 2018: Apply for SSN                                                                                               March 5, 2019: I-485 and I-765 Status Changed to Fingerprint Review Was Complete 

Jan 11, 2019: Wedding                                                                                                        May 15, 2019: I-485 Status Changed to Case Is Ready to be Scheduled for Interview (New Site Only)

Jan 14, 2019: AOS Preparation Started (1 Year 9 Days Since Starting K1)                May 23, 2019: EAD/AP Approved (97 days since NOA1)

Jan 15, 2019: SSN Card Received                                                                                     December 6, 2019: EAD/AP Renewal sent

Jan 29, 2019: Marriage Certificate Picked Up                                                                 December 9, 2019: EAD/AP Renewal NOA1

Feb 5, 2019: AOS Package Sent                                                                                         December 23, 2019: I-485 Case is Scheduled for Interview (Old Site Only)

Feb 11, 2019: NOA1                                                                                                             January 27, 2020: Interview in San Jose Field Office (Approved)

Feb 19, 2019: NOA1 Received by Mail                                                                              February 3, 2020 : Green Card in Hand

Feb 22, 2019: Biometrics Notification Received by Mail

ROC | California Service Center: Done in 410 days

Nov 2, 2021: ROC Package Sent

Nov 5, 2021: Package delivered

Nov 8, 2021: Text received (WAC)

Nov 9, 2021: Check cashed

Nov 12, 2021: Hard copy of NOA1 received

April 20, 2022: Biometric is waived

Dec 9, 2022: Card is being produced (No interview)

Dec 13, 2022: Case was approved

Dec 16, 2022: GC on hand

📊 I-751 November 2021 Filers Google Sheet 📅

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vonQCJgs9HODO2Y1DdSs3HNyL_FRnMfenlIeDQAUpWg/edit#gid=806913795

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
59 minutes ago, iwir said:

Congrats, what is your local office? Mine is San Francisco and we are waiting to get our interview date since May

I am assigned to the San Francisco office and it took about 5 months to have my I-485 ready to be assigned for interview.  But the wait times for actual I-485 interviews for San Francisco are currently 18 to 26 months. 😧  https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/

I see you got your EAD card in 107 days!   Did you expedite your request, or were you lucky to get one so quickly?  I am currently at 200 days of waiting.  😧

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
3 hours ago, aprilfiler2018 said:

I tried to do the e-verification via my USCIS online account, but it did not work.

That is what I meant by surprise. If it doesn't work for you, it won't for your Employer either. You need to provide more detail why it didn't work though. We were able to check and it returned green check mark for work Authorized using the "A" number. 

1 hour ago, JoelThai said:

I am assigned to the San Francisco office and it took about 5 months to have my I-485 ready to be assigned for interview.  But the wait times for actual I-485 interviews for San Francisco are currently 18 to 26 months. 😧  https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/

I see you got your EAD card in 107 days!   Did you expedite your request, or were you lucky to get one so quickly?  I am currently at 200 days of waiting.  😧

It took us 2 months from biometrics to the case is ready to be scheduled for interview. I got my EAD/AP without expediting and I'm fully aware that in SF field office, it takes 18 to 23 months to get the interview that's why I'm curious where @Shiran local office is. Not all office in CA as backlogged as SF. I have a friend from San Bernardino who got GC in 5 months.

K1 VISA: Done in 346 days

Spoiler

Jan 5, 2018: Preparation Started                                                                                   October 31, 2018: Medical Check Up                                                           

Jan 19, 2018: I-129F Packet Sent                                                                                  Nov 2, 2018: Consulate Received                                                                              

Jan 22, 2018: Electronic NOA1 Received                                                                     Nov 6, 2018: Packet 4 Received

Feb 1, 2018: Hard Copy NOA1 Received                                                                       Dec 6, 2018: Interview (APPROVED!!!)

Oct 2, 2018: NOA2 (254 DAYS after NOA1) ***No RFE                                             Dec 11, 2018: Visa Received

Oct 16, 2018: NVC Received                                                                                           Dec 17, 2018: POE (11 Months and 12 days since Starting K1)

October 30, 2018: NVC Left

AOS | SF Local Office: Done in 357 days

Spoiler

Dec 17, 2018: POE                                                                                                                March 5, 2019: Biometrics at ASC in SF

Dec 27, 2018: Apply for SSN                                                                                               March 5, 2019: I-485 and I-765 Status Changed to Fingerprint Review Was Complete 

Jan 11, 2019: Wedding                                                                                                        May 15, 2019: I-485 Status Changed to Case Is Ready to be Scheduled for Interview (New Site Only)

Jan 14, 2019: AOS Preparation Started (1 Year 9 Days Since Starting K1)                May 23, 2019: EAD/AP Approved (97 days since NOA1)

Jan 15, 2019: SSN Card Received                                                                                     December 6, 2019: EAD/AP Renewal sent

Jan 29, 2019: Marriage Certificate Picked Up                                                                 December 9, 2019: EAD/AP Renewal NOA1

Feb 5, 2019: AOS Package Sent                                                                                         December 23, 2019: I-485 Case is Scheduled for Interview (Old Site Only)

Feb 11, 2019: NOA1                                                                                                             January 27, 2020: Interview in San Jose Field Office (Approved)

Feb 19, 2019: NOA1 Received by Mail                                                                              February 3, 2020 : Green Card in Hand

Feb 22, 2019: Biometrics Notification Received by Mail

ROC | California Service Center: Done in 410 days

Nov 2, 2021: ROC Package Sent

Nov 5, 2021: Package delivered

Nov 8, 2021: Text received (WAC)

Nov 9, 2021: Check cashed

Nov 12, 2021: Hard copy of NOA1 received

April 20, 2022: Biometric is waived

Dec 9, 2022: Card is being produced (No interview)

Dec 13, 2022: Case was approved

Dec 16, 2022: GC on hand

📊 I-751 November 2021 Filers Google Sheet 📅

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vonQCJgs9HODO2Y1DdSs3HNyL_FRnMfenlIeDQAUpWg/edit#gid=806913795

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.