Prizm123

September 2019 AOS Filers

2,106 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Sent our package to on 09/10/2019 Tuesday.

Package arrived at Chicago Facility on 9/13/19 Friday.

Have not heard anything back yet and debit card hasn't been charged. We are getting worried!

Filed: H-1B Visa Country: India
Timeline
13 hours ago, Giftyfromcali said:

Biometrics invite received: 09/27 for 10/10

Walked in today 09/30 and completed biometrics and no questions were asked.

Entire process took 20 minutes

USCIS Centre: Oakland, CA

any update on your case status? finger print reviewed?

56 minutes ago, AOS filer said:

any update on your case status? finger print reviewed?

Yes it says finger print review complete. See image below: 

307C158C-6990-48B6-834C-5D5088BDDBE8.jpeg

Edited by Giftyfromcali

2 hours ago, pasadenagirl said:

@Greenbaum

another question guys, my husband filed tax with his ex wife last 2016, in the I 864 form the total income that we need to write is his total income excluding his ex wife right? because they filed together at that time. thank you

Excluding her correct!

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Timeline
1 hour ago, Giftyfromcali said:

Yes it says finger print review complete. See image below: 

307C158C-6990-48B6-834C-5D5088BDDBE8.jpeg

No update for me yet. (checkng every hour, thinking may be they did bad job taking prints or may be they attach my print to some one else case or may be they didnt save my prints) Because i am reading every where that they usually update next day. USCIS is full of surprises.

Hi fellow September filers.  My spouse who is doing AOS has a priority date of September 19, and we received our receipt notices in the mail today. 

We will be going through the NYC field office.  Am I right to expect that AP (I guess combined with EAD) is not going to be less than a 6 month wait?

Thanks!

Timeline
2 minutes ago, nyj215 said:

Hi fellow September filers.  My spouse who is doing AOS has a priority date of September 19, and we received our receipt notices in the mail today. 

We will be going through the NYC field office.  Am I right to expect that AP (I guess combined with EAD) is not going to be less than a 6 month wait?

Thanks!

https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/aosstats.php?cfl=

you can check here for your region. 

Hello everyone, new member here.

Well, we sent off our "one step" AoS package today, plus I-765 and I-131. Wish us luck, and best of luck to everyone here too!

A question: our attorney created the package for us.

While there was a photocopy of our certified CA marriage certificate in the I-130 section,  they did not include a separate copy of our marriage cert with the I-765 and I-131, though it was all in the same giant pile.

How likely is it that USCIS is going to be silly and send an RFE for additional copies of the marriage certificate for the EAD? i.e. because they separated out the 765/131 and didn't see a copy of the certificate in the I130 section?

There was a list of contents on the cover letter. Even if we respond instantly to the RFE, I'd guess that would delay issuance of the EAD.

Also, has anyone experienced problems with a "confidential" CA marriage license? We got it since we didn't want our details splattered all over the internet as a public record, but now we're regretting it!

I'm guessing that with the rules changes coming, they're going to see a large increase in applications, has anyone heard of any further delays for filers since August?

Thanks!

6 hours ago, AimeandLew said:

Have not heard anything back yet and debit card hasn't been charged. We are getting worried!

I received my e-notification about 3 weeks after the package getting delivered.  I'd give it another week before panicking.

16 hours ago, Silmaril said:

Hello everyone, new member here.

Well, we sent off our "one step" AoS package today, plus I-765 and I-131. Wish us luck, and best of luck to everyone here too!

A question: our attorney created the package for us.

While there was a photocopy of our certified CA marriage certificate in the I-130 section,  they did not include a separate copy of our marriage cert with the I-765 and I-131, though it was all in the same giant pile.

How likely is it that USCIS is going to be silly and send an RFE for additional copies of the marriage certificate for the EAD? i.e. because they separated out the 765/131 and didn't see a copy of the certificate in the I130 section?

There was a list of contents on the cover letter. Even if we respond instantly to the RFE, I'd guess that would delay issuance of the EAD.

Also, has anyone experienced problems with a "confidential" CA marriage license? We got it since we didn't want our details splattered all over the internet as a public record, but now we're regretting it!

I'm guessing that with the rules changes coming, they're going to see a large increase in applications, has anyone heard of any further delays for filers since August?

Thanks!

We included the marriage certificate for each application because you are suppose to.  They might issue you an RFE and yes it would delay your file.

15 minutes ago, Zach2015 said:

We included the marriage certificate for each application because you are suppose to.  They might issue you an RFE and yes it would delay your file.

Yes that's  correct each application is a stand alone application. Supplying only one  certificate may make getting a RFE more likely.

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Thanks, Sarge and Zach. I was especially concerned as my spouse had a name change on the marriage certificate.

I'm now concerned that they'll either issue an RFE, or issue the EAD with the pre-marriage name.

I assume there isn't a way to supplement the application or send a replacement I-765 ahead of time?

Best of luck to both of you.

Looks like some people get lucky with just one copy of the marriage cert. in the I-485 section, and others are not so lucky, such as this applicant. Oh well!

23 hours ago, AimeandLew said:

That's odd. I submitted mine two days before you (my package was delivered on 9/11/19), and i have my biometric scheduled next Tuesday. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
19 hours ago, nyj215 said:

Thanks!

EAD and AP are processed in National Benefits Center, they aren't processed in your Local Field Office. Right now it's 4.5 - 6.5 months. You should check the processing time here https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.