Prizm123

September 2019 AOS Filers

2,106 posts in this topic

Hello!

For those who have received or are waiting for their EAD, have you signed up for USPS informed delivery? 

If so do you recall how long it took to show up in the packages section of informed delivery after the online 765 status changed to “card was mailed” ?

As far as I can tell the uscis online account doesn’t show a tracking number for pending EADs.

thanks!

4 minutes ago, nyj215 said:

We are too.  NYC filers so not expecting the interview for a long time.  Would love the EAD/AP though....

We would love EAD/AP as well, but nothing yet! :( 

Walt Disney Animation GIF

November 2010 - Met/Just Friends

June 2017 - I caught feelings, you want to try this?  Yes.
June 2018 - Do you want to get married?  Yes.
November 2018 - K1 filed

May 2019 - K1 interview scheduled and packet sent to embassy

June 2019 - K1 interview, approved, and moved to USA

August 2019 - Married

September 2019 - AOS/EAD/AP filed

October 2019 - Biometrics Appointment

January 2020 - AOS RFE for birth certificate received and sent back

February 2020 - EAD/AP approved and got the card

October 2020 - EAD/AP renewal filed

November 2020 - EAD/AP renewal approved and got the card - AOS interview date issued

December 2020 - AOS interview, approved, and GC received

September 2022 - ROC filed

32 minutes ago, nyj215 said:

We are too.  NYC filers so not expecting the interview for a long time.  Would love the EAD/AP though....

I heard that!

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

4 hours ago, Silmaril said:

Hello!

For those who have received or are waiting for their EAD, have you signed up for USPS informed delivery? 

If so do you recall how long it took to show up in the packages section of informed delivery after the online 765 status changed to “card was mailed” ?

As far as I can tell the uscis online account doesn’t show a tracking number for pending EADs.

thanks!

I did sign up for Informed Delivery. It didn't show up in informed delivery until the day it arrived. It was expected to arrive on Monday, but arrived early on Saturday. Although I believe the USCIS website did show a tracking number once the status changed to Card was mailed to me

ROC timeline

Delivered: 3/1/22

Text with receipt number: 3/3/22

Biometrics Reuse notice: 07/14/2022

N400

Filed online 01/14/2023

Biometrics Reuse notice: 01/14/2023

9 minutes ago, ale07 said:

I did sign up for Informed Delivery. It didn't show up in informed delivery until the day it arrived. It was expected to arrive on Monday, but arrived early on Saturday. Although I believe the USCIS website did show a tracking number once the status changed to Card was mailed to me

Thanks for sharing your experience!

That's interesting that you saw a tracking number. When we logon to egov.uscis.gov, or use apps such as casetracker or lawfully, all that's visible is

"On February 3, 2020, we mailed your new card for your Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization, Receipt Number x...If you do not receive your card by February 18, 2020...".

I wonder if it takes a couple of days for the tracking number to show up. 

Edited by Silmaril

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Silmaril said:

Thanks for sharing your experience!

That's interesting that you saw a tracking number. When we logon to egov.uscis.gov, or use apps such as casetracker or lawfully, all that's visible is

"On February 3, 2020, we mailed your new card for your Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization, Receipt Number x...If you do not receive your card by February 18, 2020...".

I wonder if it takes a couple of days for the tracking number to show up. 

I think there's 2 more updates until you see the tracking number.

31 minutes ago, Ayrton said:

I think there's 2 more updates until you see the tracking number.

Thanks, that's good to know. Do you recall what those updates are named?

For us the progression was:

New card being produced

Case was approved (which I assume means the physical card was checked and approved, since one would think the case has to be approved before the card is produced!)

Card was mailed

Doing a search, I see one other state "card was delivered by the post office", which can show a tracking number. But I'm guessing that happens only after USPS informs them of delivery completion?

2 hours ago, Silmaril said:

Thanks, that's good to know. Do you recall what those updates are named?

For us the progression was:

New card being produced

Case was approved (which I assume means the physical card was checked and approved, since one would think the case has to be approved before the card is produced!)

Card was mailed

Doing a search, I see one other state "card was delivered by the post office", which can show a tracking number. But I'm guessing that happens only after USPS informs them of delivery completion?

Same update as you but mine was on the 4th ( card was mailed to me) and nothing since then. Please keep us updated. :) 

5 hours ago, Giftyfromcali said:

Same update as you but mine was on the 4th ( card was mailed to me) and nothing since then. Please keep us updated. :) 

We got another update “card was picked up by USPS”, with a priority mail tracking number on the website. Looks like it may arrive slightly more than a week after the initial “card is being produced” notification. Needless to say we’ve signed up for text and email USPS notifications.

i see that USPS is offering a “premium service” extended tracking where they’ll keep around history for longer. Not sure why we’d want that at this point. Best of luck to all!

1 hour ago, Silmaril said:

We got another update “card was picked up by USPS”, with a priority mail tracking number on the website. Looks like it may arrive slightly more than a week after the initial “card is being produced” notification. Needless to say we’ve signed up for text and email USPS notifications.

i see that USPS is offering a “premium service” extended tracking where they’ll keep around history for longer. Not sure why we’d want that at this point. Best of luck to all!

Got the same update at the same time as you! Arrives this week! 

On 2/1/2020 at 10:27 AM, R_3 said:

My interview was done on 1/29/20. It went on for quite a while longer than we expected - roughly 35 minutes - as the officer showed a great interest in learning about us -  our relationship, our infant child and our jobs etc. She was wonderful and thoroughly professional person. We didn't get approved on the spot, and we were a bit dejected, thinking that we might get an RFE or something. Spent an entire day nervously, as the status that evening changed to "interview completed, and the case must be reviewed." Fortunately, 24 hours later, the status changed to "approved' for both I-485 and I-130. The entire process - from submission of the application to the approval - took a total 4 months and 14 days. Waiting now for the [2-year conditional] green card to arrive. :) 

My best wishes to each of you waiting for the process to end successfully.          

Received my green card yesterday, seventh day after the interview and sixth day after it was approved. Had received approval notice barely within three days after the status changed to “approved” on USCIS tracker.  

(Regardless of what majority says about USCIS, I am pretty impressed with their efficiency.)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, R_3 said:

Received my green card yesterday, seventh day after the interview and sixth day after it was approved. Had received approval notice barely within three days after the status changed to “approved” on USCIS tracker.  

(Regardless of what majority says about USCIS, I am pretty impressed with their efficiency.)

it's been a week since my interview with no decision. hopefully we get ours soon 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

We had our AOS interview today in New Orleans. The interview was pleasant. They provided my wife an interpreter via phone conference. They asked her general questions verifying the answers in the application. They did ask if she has ever collected assistance from a government agency. They asked me, the petitioner, how we met. I explained how we met, my visits, and when we decided to get engaged. The only documents they asked for was my 2018 w2 and my 2018 Fed Tax Return. I know they already had it, I have seen other on here being asked for it. I think they just want to see if you followed the instructions on the notice. The last thing she asked was if there was anything else I wanted to provide to her. I provide her with the proof of relationship evidence we had brought. Pictures, utility bills, bank statements and our health plan. She told us that she saw no problems and we should be approved. If she needed more we would be notified. At 2:00pm our status went to in review. After 5:00pm status changed to card ordered. Good luck !

19 hours ago, Silmaril said:

Received EAD/AP this afternoon ! God is good! Thank you all! 

Note: if you are not going to be home to sign for the letter, you can adjust settings in USPS for postman to leave mail in your mail box without a signature if your building is safe. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
12 hours ago, waysoftheshadow said:

it's been a week since my interview with no decision. hopefully we get ours soon 

As I was telling someone how worried I was to not have a decision yet, I looked online and it said new card being produced! Anyone know generally how long it'll take for it to get here? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.