Nature Boy 2.0

Biden mistakes New Hampshire for Vermont during campaign stop

95 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Is Reparations in Free Stuff.

GND?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

The current Democrats should all drop out of the nomination race in favor of Felonia Milhous von Pantsuit, who should be given another chance.

Maybe the debates could be broadcast from Federal prison, for her convenience.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
2 hours ago, TBoneTX said:

The current Democrats should all drop out of the nomination race in favor of Felonia Milhous von Pantsuit, who should be given another chance.

Maybe the debates could be broadcast from Federal prison, for her convenience.

Hillary 2020!

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline
9 hours ago, missileman said:

I agree.  As of now, Biden is the only hope for Democrats to win the White House.  I just don't think the average voter (or even average Democrat) is as far left as any of the D candidates............in addition, Biden's sliding left (as he seemed to do during their debates) is turning off some voters, I believe.  If Biden leaves the field, Trump will win in a historic land slide........just my opinion.

I disagree. I was at my county, precinct, and state caucus for 2016. There was not a HRC delegate below the age of 40 and most were 50+. A couple of have even died since 2016 just in our local area. Our state went Bernie then, and I think it would go Warren or Bernie again. Having someone like Biden, would chance losing Minnesota to Trump. I know I didn't vote Dem last time because of it and if Biden was on the ticket, I'd vote 3rd party again.  I wasn't alone in that.

The polls show the majority of Democrat voters want universal healthcare. If Biden can't get behind that, he's going to lose them. Plus, it will fast become obvious that if we get Biden we won't have a chance at a progressive for a long while. Whereas, 4 more years of Trump might help solidify a progressive win in 2024. I'm willing to chance it. 

Edited by N-o-l-a

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
5 minutes ago, N-o-l-a said:

The polls show the majority of Democrat voters want universal healthcare.

But the majority of everyone else (Republicans, Independents, Moderates) do not want it.........or open borders....or the Green New Deal.........Trump is in the driver's seat for 2020........this country is not ready for the extreme far left radical ideas of Warren and Sanders.......imho.

Edited by missileman

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline

Immigration is a big concern for 2020 according to polls........and the average voter wants more border security and no free healthcare for illegal residents......imo.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, missileman said:

Immigration is a big concern for 2020 according to polls........and the average voter wants more border security and no free healthcare for illegal residents......imo.

Not a huge Minnesota issue. We like Canadians. I'd say you'd be hard pressed to find someone who doesn't think our border shouldn't be more open up north. 

Our state provides healthcare to non-Medicaid eligible immigrants. That isn't something the Republican controlled state legislature has seen fit to get rid of.

Maybe we're just weird.

3/26/18 Biometrics

8 minutes ago, missileman said:

But the majority of everyone else (Republicans, Independents, Moderates) do not want it.........or open borders....or the Green New Deal.........Trump is in the driver's seat for 2020........this country is not ready for the extreme far left radical ideas of Warren and Sanders.......imho.

That's just not accurate, from what I've been reading. A majority of Republicans -- 52% -- want Medicare for all/single payer. This is from a very recent Reuters poll. The article I read this in is here: https://www.cnbc.com/2018/08/28/most-americans-now-support-medicare-for-all-and-free-college-tuition.html and the Reuters poll is here: https://www.reuters.com/investigates/special-report/usa-election-progressives/

Where have you been reading that a majority of everyone else doesn't want it?

1 minute ago, laylalex said:

That's just not accurate, from what I've been reading. A majority of Republicans -- 52% -- want Medicare for all/single payer. This is from a very recent Reuters poll. The article I read this in is here: https://www.cnbc.com/2018/08/28/most-americans-now-support-medicare-for-all-and-free-college-tuition.html and the Reuters poll is here: https://www.reuters.com/investigates/special-report/usa-election-progressives/

We got to do something with healthcare, cause what we got is broke 

Timeline
15 minutes ago, laylalex said:

Only if it allows people to keep private health care.......Do the Democrat plans allow private insurance?

https://thehill.com/hilltv/what-americas-thinking/428958-poll-voters-want-the-government-to-provide-healthcare-for

"A new poll finds that about only one in 10 registered voters want the equivalent of Medicare for all if it means abolishing private health insurance plans."

"Legislation proposed by Sanders would largely eliminate private coverage and replace it with government coverage for everyone. "

Edited by missileman

Just now, missileman said:

Only if it allows people to keep private health care.......Do the Democrat plans allow private insurance?

https://thehill.com/hilltv/what-americas-thinking/428958-poll-voters-want-the-government-to-provide-healthcare-for

"A new poll finds that about only one in 10 registered voters want the equivalent of Medicare for all if it means abolishing private health insurance plans."

There are a variety of plans that are being floated right now, some which do include private insurance, and some which don't. They were discussed during the last debates. Personally, I think there should be the private option out there for whoever wants to buy it, especially if people can buy "top up" supplementary insurance for their MFA public insurance. 

I support both Warren and Harris right now, but only Harris supports keeping a private element to the market. But I am also aware that candidates evolve over a campaign, and Warren may change her mind. I am open to hearing arguments for a public-only way forward, but as of yet I am not convinced. I think we could conceivably get there, eventually, but the market would need to show that private sucks just as much or more than MFA.

I also don't think we should all consider Biden a done deal. I've said before that none of my friends in my age group -- mid-30s -- like him or trust him. There are a lot of us millennials, and not all of us are glued to our devices and dyeing our hair lilac and whining about not winning all the prizes. Plenty of us are getting engaged now that we have homes and families and skin in the game. There's a new poll out today showing him in a tie with Sanders and Warren. I think he's maybe even a point behind them? Anyway, I think no one should count on Joe Biden winning the primaries just now, and Warren has an excellent chance at beating Trump. I know everyone will laugh at that, but polls show she beats him. We have nothing now to go on but polls, so it really will be watch this space. Given that the economy is showing signs of weakness, anything is possible. 

Timeline
24 minutes ago, missileman said:

"Legislation proposed by Sanders would largely eliminate private coverage and replace it with government coverage for everyone. "

I thought Bernie wanted a Danish system. There is private insurance and private hospitals there. It works pretty efficiently too. If the wait time is too long at a public facility or the procedure unavailable, the government will pay for private or to send you to another country for treatment.

They can exist together. Everyone would be covered by the government and people could have optional additional insurance. It would still be cheaper per person than the current system. 

3/26/18 Biometrics

Timeline
18 minutes ago, laylalex said:

Anyway, I think no one should count on Joe Biden winning the primaries just now, and Warren has an excellent chance at beating Trump. I know everyone will laugh at that, but polls show she beats him.

I have no idea who the Democrat candidate will be.......but I believe that this is a battle for the Democrat party as much as it is a battle to beat Trump.....Warren seems to be gaining strength........but I don't think she will fare well in the general election........and I don't think anyone trusts polls any longer......after 2016.......

This is a fact:  It won't get boring between now and the end of 2020.

Edited by missileman

Timeline
15 minutes ago, laylalex said:

I also don't think we should all consider Biden a done deal. I've said before that none of my friends in my age group -- mid-30s -- like him or trust him. There are a lot of us millennials, and not all of us are glued to our devices and dyeing our hair lilac 

To be fair, my hair has been on and off purple for the last few years. 

3/26/18 Biometrics

Timeline
3 minutes ago, N-o-l-a said:

I thought Bernie wanted a Danish system. There is private insurance and private hospitals there. It works pretty efficiently too. If the wait time is too long at a public facility or the procedure unavailable, the government will pay for private or to send you to another country for treatment.

They can exist together. Everyone would be covered by the government and people could have optional additional insurance. It would still be cheaper per person than the current system. 

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/07/18/these-2020-democrats-want-medicare-for-all-but-with-private-insurance.html

"Bernie Sanders is pushing a “Medicare for All” bill, which would create a government-run program and end private insurance."