Nature Boy 2.0

Biden mistakes New Hampshire for Vermont during campaign stop

95 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, N-o-l-a said:

I thought Bernie wanted a Danish system. There is private insurance and private hospitals there. It works pretty efficiently too. If the wait time is too long at a public facility or the procedure unavailable, the government will pay for private or to send you to another country for treatment.

They can exist together. Everyone would be covered by the government and people could have optional additional insurance. It would still be cheaper per person than the current system. 

My understanding is that he was for a public only option, which doesn't sit well with me. I am more familiar with the NHS than the Danish system, but it sounds identical to what you get in Britain. NHS for everything, and PPP/BUPA/whatever to jump the queue. I'm with you on the coexistence of both.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline
2 minutes ago, ALFKAD said:

Go to Canada and get the free health care there.  Might be a few open slots, since many of them are coming here and paying out of pocket for more immediate (less than 6 months) health care.

There are some people who live in southern Manitoba that have their American healthcare expenses reimbursed, but I think most of live in some sort of fear of the American healthcare system.

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline
5 minutes ago, laylalex said:

My understanding is that he was for a public only option, which doesn't sit well with me. I am more familiar with the NHS than the Danish system, but it sounds identical to what you get in Britain. NHS for everything, and PPP/BUPA/whatever to jump the queue. I'm with you on the coexistence of both.

I must have misunderstood, but I would have doubted that it would ever come to pass with how powerful the health insurance industry is. I do think there is a political tactic for aiming much farther away from what you'd settle for.

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

6 hours ago, missileman said:

I read an article the other day by a liberal who said that although he thinks Trump is a racist, he will vote for Trump vs the crazies on the left.......

Source?

6 hours ago, missileman said:

I watch a lot of Tim Pool on youtube........the guy is a left leaning moderate, but he sees right through the media's game.  

I like him as well and I try to watch him when I can. Which is good because I can listen to him at work.

Did you see him on Joe Rogan with the guy from Twitter?

Edited by Cyberfx1024

I wonder if the gumberment picks up health care, is my employer going to pocket the big savings they will get

1 hour ago, laylalex said:

There are a variety of plans that are being floated right now, some which do include private insurance, and some which don't. They were discussed during the last debates. Personally, I think there should be the private option out there for whoever wants to buy it, especially if people can buy "top up" supplementary insurance for their MFA public insurance. 

I support both Warren and Harris right now, but only Harris supports keeping a private element to the market. But I am also aware that candidates evolve over a campaign, and Warren may change her mind. I am open to hearing arguments for a public-only way forward, but as of yet I am not convinced. I think we could conceivably get there, eventually, but the market would need to show that private sucks just as much or more than MFA.

I also don't think we should all consider Biden a done deal. I've said before that none of my friends in my age group -- mid-30s -- like him or trust him. There are a lot of us millennials, and not all of us are glued to our devices and dyeing our hair lilac and whining about not winning all the prizes. Plenty of us are getting engaged now that we have homes and families and skin in the game. There's a new poll out today showing him in a tie with Sanders and Warren. I think he's maybe even a point behind them? Anyway, I think no one should count on Joe Biden winning the primaries just now, and Warren has an excellent chance at beating Trump. I know everyone will laugh at that, but polls show she beats him. We have nothing now to go on but polls, so it really will be watch this space. Given that the economy is showing signs of weakness, anything is possible. 

You would like Harris because you are a Bay area Democrat and believe anyone that comes out of there or Sacramento. I can not stand her at all because she has legitimately slept her way to the top through Willy Brown. 

I agree with you on that us Millennials do not like Biden alot. He is to much like the old guard for the Left wing of the Democratic party of today. I can see that large amount of his support is from African Americans and the elderly.

Edited by Cyberfx1024

27 minutes ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

I wonder if the gumberment picks up health care, is my employer going to pocket the big savings they will get

We'd all like to think that if we and the employer didn't have to pay health insurance that wages would rise. Whelp... all I can say is wages in the UK are pretty flat... but in the US hubby makes more than he ever did + paying a little bit for our insurance while the employer picks up the rest. I'm skeptical you know?

I will say this about Biden: the Bidens (especially the Mrs) are genuinely nice people. I also don't think that his heart is in on the fight to be President though. He's doing it because people pushed him to. He's getting older, wants to help and doesn't know how else to do that. I don't find him to be a person that has his heart in the wrong place.. he genuinely cares about this country and he represents the old guard of the party. But none of that makes you qualified to be President. I haven't yet found a candidate to offer any appeal.

Edited by yuna628

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

First met: 12/31/04 - Engaged: 9/24/09
Filed I-129F: 10/4/14 - Packet received: 10/7/14
NOA 1 email + ARN assigned: 10/10/14 (hard copy 10/17/14)
Touched on website (fixed?): 12/9/14 - Poked USCIS: 4/1/15
NOA 2 email: 5/4/15 (hard copy 5/11/15)
Sent to NVC: 5/8/15 - NVC received + #'s assigned: 5/15/15 (estimated)
NVC sent: 5/19/15 - London received/ready: 5/26/15
Packet 3: 5/28/15 - Medical: 6/16/15
Poked London 7/1/15 - Packet 4: 7/2/15
Interview: 7/30/15 - Approved!
AP + Issued 8/3/15 - Visa in hand (depot): 8/6/15
POE: 8/27/15

Wedding: 9/30/15

Filed I-485, I-131, I-765: 11/7/15

Packet received: 11/9/15

NOA 1 txt/email: 11/15/15 - NOA 1 hardcopy: 11/19/15

Bio: 12/9/15

EAD + AP approved: 1/25/16 - EAD received: 2/1/16

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

RFE response sent: 6/7/16 - RFE response received 6/9/16

AOS approved/card in production: 6/13/16  

NOA 2 hardcopy + card sent 6/17/16

Green Card received: 6/18/16

USCIS 120 day reminder notice: 2/22/18

Filed I-751: 5/2/18 - Packet received: 5/4/18

NOA 1:  5/29/18 (12 mo ext) 8/13/18 (18 mo ext)  - Bio: 6/27/18

Transferred: Potomac Service Center 3/26/19

Approved/New Card Produced status: 4/25/19 - NOA2 hardcopy 4/29/19

10yr Green Card Received: 5/2/19 with error >_<

N400 : 7/16/23 - Oath : 10/19/23

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
45 minutes ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

Source?

https://www.courier-journal.com/story/opinion/2019/08/19/democrats-racism-message-may-swing-my-vote-president-trump/2029081001/

"I am not a Trump supporter. But if the alternative to him in next year’s election is open borders and the Green New Deal, I may become a Trump voter. It’s a distinction without an electoral difference, but hear me out.

The president has earned a lot of the racial heat that comes his way. His reluctance to condemn the white nationalists at Charlottesville in 2017 was inexcusable."

Tim Pool explains it in the video I linked on page 2 of this thread.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I am waiting to see the candidates positions on Reparations.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

This is not that much different in principle to many other issues, there will be winners and losers and inevitably those against M4All will highlight the losers will highlight the many losers. Now nobody starting from scratch would for example come up with the NHS, no way would they come up with what the US calls a system.

The reality is that if you move from a system that is basically limited in demand by cost to one of no cost demand will go through the roof, to cap it all several want it to be available to anybody here, and nobody else does that.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

1 hour ago, missileman said:

https://www.courier-journal.com/story/opinion/2019/08/19/democrats-racism-message-may-swing-my-vote-president-trump/2029081001/

"I am not a Trump supporter. But if the alternative to him in next year’s election is open borders and the Green New Deal, I may become a Trump voter. It’s a distinction without an electoral difference, but hear me out.

The president has earned a lot of the racial heat that comes his way. His reluctance to condemn the white nationalists at Charlottesville in 2017 was inexcusable."

Tim Pool explains it in the video I linked on page 2 of this thread.

That's a really good read and all of it is true. 

2 hours ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

Healthcare options where I work have become progressively worse over the last few years as the employer attempts to cut costs. It has not translated into higher wages for anyone thus far. My guess is the employer will pocket those savings until/unless market competition forces them to do otherwise.

995507-quote-moderation-in-all-things-an

14 minutes ago, Steeleballz said:

Healthcare options where I work have become progressively worse over the last few years as the employer attempts to cut costs. It has not translated into higher wages for anyone thus far. My guess is the employer will pocket those savings until/unless market competition forces them to do otherwise.

The folks who work with me and have family coverage are paying 1200 to 1300. Its insane.

My wife works part tine at a grocery chain and gets excellent coverage for 20 bucks a month.

She is going full time next week and can add me for 20 bucks more