TBoneTX

All Nebraska I-130 Filers -- Part 5

2,978 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Mr & Mrs T said:

Hi everyone , 

i was approved on 08/08/2019 by NSC and after 23 days my case is still not sent to NVC ,( USCIS.gov or my USCIS are still not updated) .

last time we called USCIS they told us that it can take up to 3 months to transfer it 😩 is it real or is it just a joke ??? 

I mean , after more than 11 months waiting for the approval they want me to become crazy I think ..

I’m in the same situation! I was approve a day before yours and mine still not sent to NVC

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline
29 minutes ago, imjustintime said:

Anyone has a clue of an approximate of  how long the whole process by the time it'll reach interview dates? I'm still at NOA1 PD 08/21/18. 

NVC is around 2-3 months. Couldn't tell you how long for interview because interview availability and wait time entirely depends on the embassy as different embassies have different amounts of backlogs of applicants they need to interview

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

• Feb 14 2019: NOA1 (NSC)
  • July 31 2019: I129f NOA1
  • Sep 19 2019: I129f NOA2 (Denied - 50 days from NOA1)
  • Sep 19 2019: I130 NOA2 (Approved - 217 days from NOA1)

NVC Stage:

• Sep 27 2019: Sent to Department of State
  • Oct 31 2019: Case number received (34 days since sent)
  • Nov 1 2019: IV & AOS fees received & paid
  • Nov 14 2019: IV & AOS submitted
  • Dec 18 2019: All docs accepted, but one additional doc requested (5 weeks from submission)
  • Dec 18 2019: Requested doc submitted
  • Feb 19 2020: Documentarily Qualified (9 weeks from 2nd submission, 14 weeks from first submission)

Interview Stage:

• Mar 11 2020: Interview letter received
  • Apr 1 2020: Interview date
  • Mar 17 2020: Interview cancelled due to COVID-19
  • August 3 2020: Rescheduled letter received, new appointment August 25 2020
  • August 25 2020: Visa approved at interview! (558 days from NOA1)
  • September 10 2020: Embassy received passport in mail
  • September 15 2020: Passport with visa in hand

October 11 2020: Arrived in US!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
38 minutes ago, MinB said:

I’m in the same situation! I was approve a day before yours and mine still not sent to NVC

I hope we gonna hear something next week 🙏🤞🍀

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
6 hours ago, Mr & Mrs T said:

Ours took a month to get to NVC. I am pretty sure that will receive yours this week. I am hoping that we get case number this week. 

Timeline
6 hours ago, Mr & Mrs T said:

Yes I hope too! This week about time.

6 hours ago, LilyJ said:

NVC is around 2-3 months. Couldn't tell you how long for interview because interview availability and wait time entirely depends on the embassy as different embassies have different amounts of backlogs of applicants they need to interview

Yes.. the trick is with the embassy. 😐

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Swadesfan said:

Ours took a month to get to NVC. I am pretty sure that will receive yours this week. I am hoping that we get case number this week. 

Yes I think this week... 🙏🏼

Nvc is slow with giving a case number.  How about the ds 260 thing. That's another wait

Edited by Saci Singh

Timeline
19 minutes ago, Saci Singh said:

Yes.. the trick is with the embassy. 😐

Yes for sure..some embassies have a backlog of close to a year while others have a backlog of just a couple months. Always hard to tell what it will be like for someone. NVC is the most controllable part of the stage (once you actually get a case number...) since at least with that you can shorten the length of time by submitting documents asap and then most people it seems get case closed around a month after document submission, USCIS and embassy is practically out of our hands of how long it will take..

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

NVC Stage:

• Dec 18 2019: All docs accepted, but one additional doc requested (5 weeks from submission)
  • Feb 19 2020: Documentarily Qualified (9 weeks from 2nd submission, 14 weeks from first submission)

Interview Stage:

CREDIT CARD AUTHORIZED USER.

Hello everyone. I just wanted to say for those that are trying to establish bonafide marriage or to to boost your bonafide documents already, I was able to add my wife as an authorized user on my credit card. today her credit card arrived in the mail and i will be mailing it to her. Now moving forward my monthly credit card statements will show both of our names on it. Even though we do  not have a joint bank account i think this helps as well. Be advised my wife does have an ITIN number from the IRS because we filed a joint tax return this year. In order to add your wife or husband they need to have atleast a Social Security Number or an ITIN number. I just wanted to share.

Timeline
2 hours ago, LilyJ said:

Yes for sure..some embassies have a backlog of close to a year while others have a backlog of just a couple months. Always hard to tell what it will be like for someone. NVC is the most controllable part of the stage (once you actually get a case number...) since at least with that you can shorten the length of time by submitting documents asap and then most people it seems get case closed around a month after document submission, USCIS and embassy is practically out of our hands of how long it will take..

Oh my.. nvc is better than all of them.  But embassy is a pain in the a** for some

Mines is .. mumbai is backlogged.

Why are we tortured

Timeline
Just now, Lehcim said:

How do you guys know how backlogged your embassy is? I'd like to find out for when our petition is approved... Just to know what's still ahead of us. We'll be in Amsterdam.

I check the recent VJ timelines from the countries that use our embassy (so I check timelines from Sweden, Denmark, and Norway since they all 3 interview in Sweden) and see how long it took them from Case Closed to interview

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

NVC Stage:

Interview Stage:

7 minutes ago, LilyJ said:

I check the recent VJ timelines from the countries that use our embassy (so I check timelines from Sweden, Denmark, and Norway since they all 3 interview in Sweden) and see how long it took them from Case Closed to interview

Thanks...that doesn't look very promising. @Saci Singh says Mumbai is backlogged but the average between NOA2 and interview is 165 days there. Amsterdam is  184... :(

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Lehcim said:

Thanks...that doesn't look very promising. @Saci Singh says Mumbai is backlogged but the average between NOA2 and interview is 165 days there. Amsterdam is  184... :(

I wouldn't check from NOA2 to interview since the amount of time between NOA2 and interview depends on how long it takes them for submitting their documents at NVC first and because NOA2 to interview also counts all the time it took during NVC phase; I'd go directly to their profiles timelines and check from Case Complete at NVC to interview

Edit: To me it looks like around 2 months from CC to interview, here's 1 example from Amsterdam out of the last recent 3

image.png.89922f76dda8a380c63a0c80fa3a38d2.png

Edited by LilyJ

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

NVC Stage:

Interview Stage:

Timeline
17 minutes ago, Lehcim said:

Aww sorry to hear..

It's just terrible with these embassies.  We are supposed to be immediate right.. I don't know what they're thinking.. after NVC, it should be our finish line approaching.  They want to delay us more.  Arghh.

I wrote the mumbai.. but I heard they were backlogged the past few months for f2a and tourist, student visas.  How about ir1/cr1 .. spouses. Like us.  So ridiculous

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.