TBoneTX

All Nebraska I-130 Filers -- Part 5

2,978 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Cameroon
Timeline
1 hour ago, CamChad42 said:

Anyone been approved for November 1 2018 filers??? Still haven’t heard anything but I mailed the I129f in on yesterday 😳 this is horrible for them to drag on like this....

I really don’t think sending in the I129f will make any difference since I filed last year🤔🤔🤔🤔Any thoughts on this?????

Judging from your PD, you'll be hearing from them any time from now.

You are almost approaching the one year mark which is very normal with Nebraska.

44 minutes ago, canadavisa22 said:

For those at the NVC stage, do all documents need to be uploaded at the same time for review?

I'm still waiting on a couple of police certificates, but have the rest of my information ready. Do I need to wait until those police certificates arrive before I upload anything?

You can upload anytime but you have to be finished to submit. Once you have everything uploaded then you can hit submit. 

01/28/2019 - Mailed Express Mail USCIS Lockbox Phoenix

01/29/2019 - Received by Phoenix Lockbox
02/04/2019 - Receipt Notice Via Text Message assigned to Nebraska Service Center 

24 minutes ago, JMPM said:

You can upload anytime but you have to be finished to submit. Once you have everything uploaded then you can hit submit. 

You can save progress though, right? Like I can upload everything I have then come back and it'll be saved there?

Also, does the information on the DS-260 determine what exactly is needed to be submitted?

For example, if I put that I lived in another country for more than a year, will the system recognize that a police certificate is needed from that country before I can finish?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline
2 hours ago, canadavisa22 said:

You can save progress though, right? Like I can upload everything I have then come back and it'll be saved there?

Also, does the information on the DS-260 determine what exactly is needed to be submitted?

For example, if I put that I lived in another country for more than a year, will the system recognize that a police certificate is needed from that country before I can finish?

Yes, progress is saved. I uploaded a few documents a couple of weeks ago but I haven’t uploaded everything yet. 

i don’t think the DS 260 will determine what is needed. You fill the form and then separately you upload documents that apply to you. you choose from a list what document you are uploading. 

10 hours ago, JapanResident said:

I'm sorry to hear about the long wait! I'm an early December 2018 filer, and I also had an I129f application received in early September, but we haven't heard anything at all for our I130 or I129F. My feeling, for what it's worth, is that the I129f can expedite your case, but you have to factor in random things like who's desk your applications land on, etc. I feel like ours landed on the desk of someone who took a long vacation or entered the hospital after falling into a coma...or perhaps they're actually considering us for a K-3 visa (which would be fine). But if you filed in November, it seems like there's an excellent chance of you hearing good news very, very soon. Good luck!

That was too funny!!! I to feel the same way🤣🤣🤣 my poor husband has lost all hope in this process. He knows our time is coming but it’s just the way is do long😳 thank you so much for the encouragement I appreciate that and I hope your process will speed up and you hear from these “on  the job sleepers”...hopefully are files will be placed in the hands of someone who believes in families needing their loved ones home💆🏾‍♀️💆🏾‍♀️ Wishing you as well the best of wishes on your journey 🙋🏾‍♀️🙋🏾‍♀️🙋🏾‍♀️

10 hours ago, Rosie91 said:

Hey! I Cant answer your question about the nov filers. The k3 however never hurts to send in :). 
the timeline for nebraska is 12/15,5 months. So the wait for i-130 can be another 3 months, maybe you have some luck with the K3 and speed up the process within a 1,5 months. Hoping the best for you!

I’m hoping sooner💆🏾‍♀️💆🏾‍♀️

3 hours ago, Iscir said:

Yes, progress is saved. I uploaded a few documents a couple of weeks ago but I haven’t uploaded everything yet. 

i don’t think the DS 260 will determine what is needed. You fill the form and then separately you upload documents that apply to you. you choose from a list what document you are uploading. 

double post. 

Edited by canadavisa22

3 hours ago, Iscir said:

I guess whoever looks over your files would notice that something is missing like a police certificate once they look over your DS-260. 

Also, not sure if luck or if NVC is moving more quickly now, but got CC in about 30 days from I-130 approval. Had mostly been seeing 45-60 days on average the last couple of months.

16 minutes ago, CamChad42 said:

Everyone goods we got approved as of October 31st🙋🏾‍♀️🙋🏾‍♀️🙋🏾‍♀️ I’m so excited!!? I had to call them to check on the status and they told me. I haven’t received the letter approval yet. 

When should I receive the I797 NOA2?? How long did it take for those whose just been approved???

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
51 minutes ago, CamChad42 said:

Everyone goods we got approved as of October 31st🙋🏾‍♀️🙋🏾‍♀️🙋🏾‍♀️ I’m so excited!!? I had to call them to check on the status and they told me. I haven’t received the letter approval yet. 

Congratulations!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline
1 hour ago, CamChad42 said:

When should I receive the I797 NOA2?? How long did it take for those whose just been approved???

Congrats! It took us about 5 days to get the letter in the mail, but it can take up to a couple weeks for some people

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

• Feb 14 2019: NOA1 (NSC)
  • July 31 2019: I129f NOA1
  • Sep 19 2019: I129f NOA2 (Denied - 50 days from NOA1)
  • Sep 19 2019: I130 NOA2 (Approved - 217 days from NOA1)

NVC Stage:

• Sep 27 2019: Sent to Department of State
  • Oct 31 2019: Case number received (34 days since sent)
  • Nov 1 2019: IV & AOS fees received & paid
  • Nov 14 2019: IV & AOS submitted
  • Dec 18 2019: All docs accepted, but one additional doc requested (5 weeks from submission)
  • Dec 18 2019: Requested doc submitted
  • Feb 19 2020: Documentarily Qualified (9 weeks from 2nd submission, 14 weeks from first submission)

Interview Stage:

• Mar 11 2020: Interview letter received
  • Apr 1 2020: Interview date
  • Mar 17 2020: Interview cancelled due to COVID-19
  • August 3 2020: Rescheduled letter received, new appointment August 25 2020
  • August 25 2020: Visa approved at interview! (558 days from NOA1)
  • September 10 2020: Embassy received passport in mail
  • September 15 2020: Passport with visa in hand

October 11 2020: Arrived in US!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.