TBoneTX

All Nebraska I-130 Filers -- Part 5

2,978 posts in this topic

19 minutes ago, LilyJ said:

I wouldn't check from NOA2 to interview since the amount of time between NOA2 and interview depends on how long it takes them for submitting their documents at NVC first and because NOA2 to interview also counts all the time it took during NVC phase; I'd go directly to their profiles timelines and check from Case Complete at NVC to interview

Edit: To me it looks like around 2 months from CC to interview, here's 1 example from Amsterdam out of the last recent 3

image.png.89922f76dda8a380c63a0c80fa3a38d2.png

I appreciate your help! I guess the time between NVC completion and interview isn't that bad, judging from the data. The fact that the whole process from NOA2 until interview takes this long is just ridiculous. The 180+ days seem to be quite accurate...

3 minutes ago, Saci Singh said:

Aww sorry to hear..

It's just terrible with these embassies.  We are supposed to be immediate right.. I don't know what they're thinking.. after NVC, it should be our finish line approaching.  They want to delay us more.  Arghh.

I wrote the mumbai.. but I heard they were backlogged the past few months for f2a and tourist, student visas.  How about ir1/cr1 .. spouses. Like us.  So ridiculous

I guess it's just bad all over the world ;)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
22 hours ago, Mr & Mrs T said:

Hi everyone , 

i was approved on 08/08/2019 by NSC and after 23 days my case is still not sent to NVC ,( USCIS.gov or my USCIS are still not updated) .

last time we called USCIS they told us that it can take up to 3 months to transfer it 😩 is it real or is it just a joke ??? 

I mean , after more than 11 months waiting for the approval they want me to become crazy I think ..

Soon you'll leave that hellbraska ☘️ such a torture

but the nvc thing is taking time to get to the case number.. I hear they just take 3 weeks to review to docs.  But so long to get it started.

Edited by Saci Singh

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Lehcim said:

I appreciate your help! I guess the time between NVC completion and interview isn't that bad, judging from the data. The fact that the whole process from NOA2 until interview takes this long is just ridiculous. The 180+ days seem to be quite accurate...

Just depends how long you take at NVC; around 2 months to get a case number and around a month after submitting documents to get case complete, so around 3 months for NVC stage should you submit everything the day it's available. Some people take a while to compile and submit things at NVC and that slows things down.

2 minutes ago, Saci Singh said:

Is today a holiday y'all?

Yes today is Labor Day so no work today 😕 

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

• Feb 14 2019: NOA1 (NSC)
  • July 31 2019: I129f NOA1
  • Sep 19 2019: I129f NOA2 (Denied - 50 days from NOA1)
  • Sep 19 2019: I130 NOA2 (Approved - 217 days from NOA1)

NVC Stage:

• Sep 27 2019: Sent to Department of State
  • Oct 31 2019: Case number received (34 days since sent)
  • Nov 1 2019: IV & AOS fees received & paid
  • Nov 14 2019: IV & AOS submitted
  • Dec 18 2019: All docs accepted, but one additional doc requested (5 weeks from submission)
  • Dec 18 2019: Requested doc submitted
  • Feb 19 2020: Documentarily Qualified (9 weeks from 2nd submission, 14 weeks from first submission)

Interview Stage:

• Mar 11 2020: Interview letter received
  • Apr 1 2020: Interview date
  • Mar 17 2020: Interview cancelled due to COVID-19
  • August 3 2020: Rescheduled letter received, new appointment August 25 2020
  • August 25 2020: Visa approved at interview! (558 days from NOA1)
  • September 10 2020: Embassy received passport in mail
  • September 15 2020: Passport with visa in hand

October 11 2020: Arrived in US!

Timeline
1 minute ago, LilyJ said:

Just depends how long you take at NVC; around 2 months to get a case number and around a month after submitting documents to get case complete, so around 3 months for NVC stage should you submit everything the day it's available. Some people take a while to compile and submit things at NVC and that slows things down.

Yes today is Labor Day so no work today 😕 

Aww darn.

You're right about nvc.. some folks take time to submit. They take only 3-4 weeks to review the docs.. but so long to give us case number.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Saci Singh said:

Aww darn.

You're right about nvc.. some folks take time to submit. They take only 3-4 weeks to review the docs.. but so long to give us case number.

Yeah it's sad how long it takes to get a case number.. But, at least it flies by once documents are submitted. We are trying to get all of ours together asap so we can be done with NVC as soon as possible, once we get there. Don't want to waste any more time after being at Nebraska, we want to get everything done as fast as we possibly can 🙏

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

NVC Stage:

• Dec 18 2019: All docs accepted, but one additional doc requested (5 weeks from submission)
  • Feb 19 2020: Documentarily Qualified (9 weeks from 2nd submission, 14 weeks from first submission)

Interview Stage:

Timeline
Just now, LilyJ said:

Yeah it's sad how long it takes to get a case number.. But, at least it flies by once documents are submitted. We are trying to get all of ours together asap so we can be done with NVC as soon as possible, once we get there. Don't want to waste any more time after being at Nebraska, we want to get everything done as fast as we possibly can 🙏

We actually ended up getting our Case Number in June before we thought we would (by about 2-3 weeks) so BE READY. 

Also I'm making sure all people don't make the same mistake we did. The text on all documents must read horizontally INCLUDING the passports. We lost a month from that. (Yes it took a month to review a passport, but three weeks to do the first review.)

Timeline
1 minute ago, gonzolux said:

We actually ended up getting our Case Number in June before we thought we would (by about 2-3 weeks) so BE READY. 

Also I'm making sure all people don't make the same mistake we did. The text on all documents must read horizontally INCLUDING the passports. We lost a month from that. (Yes it took a month to review a passport, but three weeks to do the first review.)

Wow! That is fast. Yes we are trying to get everything ready before NOA2 so that we don't have anything to worry about 🙏 That's a good tip, thank you for that, we'll make sure all the text is horizontal. Does that apply to passport stamps too or just the biographical page?

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

NVC Stage:

Interview Stage:

Timeline
1 minute ago, LilyJ said:

Wow! That is fast. Yes we are trying to get everything ready before NOA2 so that we don't have anything to worry about 🙏 That's a good tip, thank you for that, we'll make sure all the text is horizontal. Does that apply to passport stamps too or just the biographical page?

We got our Case Number after about 25 days after the NOA2 notice. We just submitted the biographical page and the page across from it (because we took a scan of that page opened if that makes sense). We got a notice to resubmit that specified that the text must read horizontally. We just flipped the passport and took another scan and sent it back the same day. It was approved after a month. 

Do people usually have to submit passport stamps?? 

Timeline
18 minutes ago, gonzolux said:

We got our Case Number after about 25 days after the NOA2 notice. We just submitted the biographical page and the page across from it (because we took a scan of that page opened if that makes sense). We got a notice to resubmit that specified that the text must read horizontally. We just flipped the passport and took another scan and sent it back the same day. It was approved after a month. 

Do people usually have to submit passport stamps?? 

Gotcha, thanks! No I don’t think you have to submit passport stamps, I was just thinking about for sideloading, since my husband and I have had another visit since submitting our petition

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

NVC Stage:

Interview Stage:

Timeline
5 minutes ago, LilyJ said:

Gotcha, thanks! No I don’t think you have to submit passport stamps, I was just thinking about for sideloading, since my husband and I have had another visit since submitting our petition

Ooh, you mean you want to submit more evidence of your relationship? We did not submit any more relationship evidence at the NVC stage. I think it's common to wait and bring it all to the interview. We have a bunch of stuff ready for the interview including an album I made about our first year of marriage.  (Side note: We also lived in the same country for the first 13 months of marriage and with his family for seven of those 13 months. So when we submitted to the NVC, I was living with him and his family. I have since returned to the US to establish domicile here.) 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
1 hour ago, Saci Singh said:

Soon you'll leave that hellbraska ☘️ such a torture

but the nvc thing is taking time to get to the case number.. I hear they just take 3 weeks to review to docs.  But so long to get it started.

I hope to hear something this week 🙏🍀

this service center is such a torture I agree..

its like this whole process is about waiting all the time .

we are sooo ready to move and start a new life .

i hope you will receive you CN very very  soon 🤞🍀🙏because then we know that we are at the finish line ahah 

16 hours ago, Lehcim said:

How do you guys know how backlogged your embassy is? I'd like to find out for when our petition is approved... Just to know what's still ahead of us. We'll be in Amsterdam.

Hey I am Amsterdam too. The average so far is within 2 months after nvc is done.

Feb 14 2019: Send I-130(a)
Feb 19 2019: Delivered

Feb 21 2019: Received NOA1 assigned to Nebraska Service Center

Oct 2 2019: Send I-129F

Oct 7th 2019: Delivered

Oct: 11th 2019: Received NOA1

March 30th 2020: I-130 Approved 

April 13th 2020: Case received by the NVC

May 1st 2020: NVC Welcome email received

May 1st 2020: Paid Bills, processed on May 5th 2020

May 15th 2020: First initial submission

May 26th 2020: Final submission

June 1st 2020: DQ NVC

Waiting for interview letter..

Timeline
21 hours ago, Saci Singh said:

Aww sorry to hear..

It's just terrible with these embassies.  We are supposed to be immediate right.. I don't know what they're thinking.. after NVC, it should be our finish line approaching.  They want to delay us more.  Arghh.

I wrote the mumbai.. but I heard they were backlogged the past few months for f2a and tourist, student visas.  How about ir1/cr1 .. spouses. Like us.  So ridiculous

I am sure they will now pickup the pace. So the time should drop by the time I get to case closed. I guess those who approved a couple of months earlier were not better off than us! Instead they waited longer for IL. Hopefully we at least get a month knocked off the time. 

NOA 1:           September 18, 2018

NOA 2:           August  20, 2019 

Sent NVC:      September 11, 2019

Rec NVC:       September 18, 2019

Case #           October 16, 2019

Docs Sub:      October 21, 2019

Doc Qual.       October  22, 2019 

IL:                    January 23, 2020

INT. Date:       February 11, 2020

APPROVED

POE  Date      March 11, 2020

GC Received  July 3, 2020

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.