2,946 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, flyup123 said:

So is there a fee to renew C-31? Anyone knows? Thanks.

From my findings, looks like C31 renewal made the list of categories to pay for EAD fees which is $410! Except of course you wish to apply for a waiver...see 👀below 👇

"If you can’t pay the filing fee for Form I-765, you may be eligible to have your fee waived. In this case, you should fill out Form I-912 (Request for Fee Waiver) and submit it along with your Form I-765. Make sure to include all of the necessary evidence to prove that you can’t pay the filing fee"

1 minute ago, Jenny1 said:

Quick question: My C31 EAD isn't a combo card but my C09 EAD is a combo card. They both (the two cards)  expire next year. I will like to know if I can travel outside the country  with the C09 combo card . @sandranj I will appreciate your input on this also.

That's the purpose of the card (combo) to begin with! To enable you work and also travel! So yeah..you can ma'am!😊👍

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
4 hours ago, flyup123 said:

Big day tomorrow! Best of Luck!!!

Thank you! I am about to meet my lawyer for the 1st time. I will let you all know once I am done.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Benin
Timeline
1 minute ago, FridayGirl@69 said:

Thank you! I am about to meet my lawyer for the 1st time. I will let you all know once I am done.

FridayGirl@69 Good luck for tomorrow

Bring us that shiny card.

God Bless

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
1 hour ago, Jenny1 said:

Quick question: My C31 EAD isn't a combo card but my C09 EAD is a combo card. They both (the two cards)  expire next year. I will like to know if I can travel outside the country  with the C09 combo card . @sandranj I will appreciate your input on this also.

If it has the travel there, yes! If not Don’t!

mine didn’t come with it so I had a separate AP Document/1131

On 7/16/2019 at 12:54 PM, zimbalo said:

Again !   your journey is impressive. New card in production might mean your GC , I have seen a lot of VAWA cases  that got their GC without interview, you filed all the forms together, so expect your GC, good luck.

On 7/25/2019 at 2:07 PM, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Well we've definitely heard of someone who got approved in 2019 but definitely not seen 👀

On 7/25/2019 at 7:07 PM, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Typo! That was a Feb 2018 approval (confirmed) not word of mouth! Check the post where the USCIS notification was pasted! Awesome!😊👍

On 7/25/2019 at 7:08 PM, Texas Girl said:

Thank you @FridayGirl@69

@CrimsonWarrior26 I applied in Feb 2018

Be assured that we all will get favored results. Its just a matter of time. 

Just an update. I went to my i485 marriage based interview today. My husband was already there when I got there and he requested to talk to the officer in private first. The IO called me separately after an hour and asked me questions about the relationship. I showed him the i360 and prima facie and proofs of the abuse. After the interview, he told me that he believes it was a genuine marriage and that I was abused, and it’s very rare but he will still approve the petition. He said my story looks more accurate and believable than what my husband told him. He said I should get my green card in the mail in 1-2 weeks. I thought that was the end of it. I was crying and praising Jesus that moment. 

I got a call from him 2 hours later, he said that there was a judge ruling in 2018 that says they cannot approve adjustments if the affidavit of support is withdrawn. My husband withdrew the affidavit of support. He said that he will put the case under Administrative closure. It's not approved, not denied but I'm not under removal proceedings or anything like that and still valid to work. 

He said just wait for the VAWA adjudication and based on my story he doesn't see any reason why it will be denied so just be patient. 
Hopefully, some more good news soon. I’m still thankful to everyone who prayed for me and especially to God.  Prayers move mountains. 

11 minutes ago, CrimsonWarrior26 said:

Just an update. I went to my i485 marriage based interview today. My husband was already there when I got there and he requested to talk to the officer in private first. The IO called me separately after an hour and asked me questions about the relationship. I showed him the i360 and prima facie and proofs of the abuse. After the interview, he told me that he believes it was a genuine marriage and that I was abused, and it’s very rare but he will still approve the petition. He said my story looks more accurate and believable than what my husband told him. He said I should get my green card in the mail in 1-2 weeks. I thought that was the end of it. I was crying and praising Jesus that moment. 

I got a call from him 2 hours later, he said that there was a judge ruling in 2018 that says they cannot approve adjustments if the affidavit of support is withdrawn. My husband withdrew the affidavit of support. He said that he will put the case under Administrative closure. It's not approved, not denied but I'm not under removal proceedings or anything like that and still valid to work. 

He said just wait for the VAWA adjudication and based on my story he doesn't see any reason why it will be denied so just be patient. 
Hopefully, some more good news soon. I’m still thankful to everyone who prayed for me and especially to God.  Prayers move mountains. 

Your husband is a real demon from the pit of hell! But don't worry God is about to change your story and give you a new and joyful song! Godbless the officer that was so ready to give you your Greencard! WOW! Priceless! You'll be fine!💫💫🌠👌😊

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.