2,946 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
5 hours ago, Ana FL said:

Good morning! 

Yesterday I finally received the NOA for my I-485, EAD and advance parole! 

I still haven’t received NOA for the I-360. When they send my I-485 package back (I used old forms) I saw they had the wrong zip code for my po box. Since I moved out and no longer live with my husband I used my current address for the new forms. Should I send a change of address form the the I-360 and request a copy of the NOA? Do they send a copy of the NOA again? 

Also, does anyone know if I’ll have to do the biometrics again? I had it done before for my old EAD

Thank you.

Now the waiting begins!! 

If you did biometrics, all good.

they might ask for them again, all depends... I did them 4 times

Edited by FridayGirl@69

23 minutes ago, monoxidelullaby said:

Hi

I am traveling with my combo card tomorrow, I am really nervous but happy at the same time because I am going home after almost a decade of being in here.. so many things happened and I can’t believe I am going to visit my family and my country, I am beyond excited.. scared as well of leaving, the thing that they might not let me back in with my advance parole just gives me so much anxiety but I decided and I am traveling.. I contacted some of the members on here and they gave me so much support about traveling, so hope everything goes smoothly and well.. will stay there for 4 weeks and will post my experience once I come back.. good luck to us all!!!

Good for you! I chickened out and didn't go :( I am sure everything will be good and you will have a bless. Have fun and enjoy the time with the loved ones :*

24 minutes ago, monoxidelullaby said:

Hi

I am traveling with my combo card tomorrow, I am really nervous but happy at the same time because I am going home after almost a decade of being in here.. so many things happened and I can’t believe I am going to visit my family and my country, I am beyond excited.. scared as well of leaving, the thing that they might not let me back in with my advance parole just gives me so much anxiety but I decided and I am traveling.. I contacted some of the members on here and they gave me so much support about traveling, so hope everything goes smoothly and well.. will stay there for 4 weeks and will post my experience once I come back.. good luck to us all!!!

Smiles!😊 safe trip hun!💕 I'm sure it will go smoothly..keep us posted!👍

5 hours ago, FridayGirl@69 said:

If you did biometrics, all good.

they might ask for them again, all depends... I did them 4 times

Wow.. 4 times? Did you have to re do it for renewals ? 

08/2017 - Married USC

09/2017 - Application for I-485, I-765, I-131

12/2017 - Approval  I-765, I-131

09/2018 Renewal application for I-765, I-131

04/2019 - I-485 interview scheduled 

04/2019 - I-485 denied, husband withdrew

05/2019 - Application for  I-360, I-485, I-765, I-131 

12/2019 EAD, AP approval

07/2020 EAD, AP renewal sent to Vermont

10/2020 EAD, AP Approval

11/2020 VAWA I-360 Approved (C31 produced)

01/2021 I-360 status changed to case approved

03/2021 - I-693 deficient notice from national benefit center

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
2 hours ago, Ana FL said:

Wow.. 4 times? Did you have to re do it for renewals ? 

No, just the 1st because they couldn’t see them

clearly, 2nd, 3rd and 4th because I moved to different cities and State.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Makanaki said:

Evening all, I would like to know if I can file I765 based on I360 category without filing the I485? I already have EAD based on I130 but the extension is due to expire by January. I also have Prima Facie for 1 year till July 2019

You cannot file EAD C31 without an approved VAWA. You will need to read the EAD categories to determine what you qualify for. 

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Hello guys .. 

iam a February 2018 filler almost 18 months now ! No RFE

I filled for Combo card renewal May 2019 , i just got the NOA but they didn’t send me any letters for biometrics or anything since they received the application ... 

i tried to make info-pass but i figured out that USCIS stopped that since march ! 

I raised service request on my i360 3 days ago and it was assigned for ana officer for response.

Now i have emergency in my home country and i need to travel as soon as i can .. is it a good idea to request an emergency travel document and travel and my case is approaching 18 months now !? I mean they ma take decision on my case at anytime ! Any odds they could deny my case while Iam out of the states ???  

Any advise ? 😓

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Cameroon
Timeline
1 hour ago, Fishy89 said:

Hello guys .. 

I filled for Combo card renewal May 2019 , i just got the NOA but they didn’t send me any letters for biometrics or anything since they received the application ... 

i tried to make info-pass but i figured out that USCIS stopped that since march ! 

I raised service request on my i360 3 days ago and it was assigned for ana officer for response.

Now i have emergency in my home country and i need to travel as soon as i can .. is it a good idea to request an emergency travel document and travel and my case is approaching 18 months now !? I mean they ma take decision on my case at anytime ! Any odds they could deny my case while Iam out of the states ???  

Any advise ? 😓

If you want to travel. You shod book info pass and get a re-entry visa. Emergency travel document does not guarantee re-entry into the USA. Only a combo card (which has advance parole) can guarantee re-entry or a re-entry stamp added into your passport. Info pass can still be done. The only difference is that you have to do it on the phone. Call the USCIS phone number and the customer service will decide whether your call is eligible for info pass and then she/he give you the available dates and schedule the date that you chose for your info pass

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
9 hours ago, Makanaki said:

Evening all, I would like to know if I can file I765 based on I360 category without filing the I485? I already have EAD based on I130 but the extension is due to expire by January. I also have Prima Facie for 1 year till July 2019

You cannot file l765 now without filing AOS.

Timeline
6 hours ago, Kersac said:

If you want to travel. You shod book info pass and get a re-entry visa. Emergency travel document does not guarantee re-entry into the USA. Only a combo card (which has advance parole) can guarantee re-entry or a re-entry stamp added into your passport. Info pass can still be done. The only difference is that you have to do it on the phone. Call the USCIS phone number and the customer service will decide whether your call is eligible for info pass and then she/he give you the available dates and schedule the date that you chose for your info pass

Your information is not correct .First of all she should not apply for reentry permit but for AP. IF they stamp the AP in her passport she can travel , and she doesn’t need  to have the  combo to reenter.She  needs to prove that she filed  form l131.

VAWA petitioners CANNOT obtain any information or request over the phone .She can set up online an appointment with infopass 

Timeline
8 hours ago, Fishy89 said:

Hello guys .. 

Any advise ? 😓

Go to infopass and ask them to stamp the AP in your passport . Bring with you the l131 receipt.

Timeline
On 8/10/2019 at 9:37 AM, natalysmile said:

Hello. Has anyone filled out a petition? without a lawyer ... I live in another country, my son and I left America. I file this petition. But I don’t know whether USICS will send a response to the mailing address of another country, or should I necessarily indicate the address, mailing address in the USA?

They will send all letters to the Country you are living .

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Cameroon
Timeline
11 minutes ago, sandranj said:

Your information is not correct .First of all she should not apply for reentry permit but for AP. IF they stamp the AP in her passport she can travel , and she doesn’t need  to have the  combo to reenter.She  needs to prove that she filed  form l131.

VAWA petitioners CANNOT obtain any information or request over the phone .She can set up online an appointment with infopass 

Thanks for the correction Sandranj. Its probably the AP stamp that i am mistakenly calling re-entry stamp. I am sorry for the error. As for the calling, I was talking about calling USCIS customer service not VAWA. Its really difficult to get infopass online nowadays and I am aware of some 2 guys who have called the USCIS customer service line and had the infopass appointment booked for them. I am not aware of calling VAWA and I havent come across anyone calling Vawa office. Have heard of some vawa number though but they say its for lawyers only. Not sure how effective the number is even for the lawyers.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.