2,946 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline
3 hours ago, TBoneTX said:

This is the continuation thread for

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/709304-vawa-part-14/

which has been closed because of its large size.

It was wonderful to see so many approvals and so much progress in so many cases in Part 14.

I personally hope that everyone who posts in this new thread will enjoy the same.

Thank you so much and really looking forward to miracles for everyone on this thread, 🙏🙏🙏🙏

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

@aquila how is all going on with you? I keep praying for you case to resolve ASAP 

Take care and Stay strong!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Bahamas
Timeline

Good morning to you members, am grateful to God this morning for the gift of life! Now I got a question? In October last year I sent a renewal of my work authorization which was from the i485 that was denied before I filed the new one, so last month I raised sr, and it went through, am not sure why I did raise it but anyways I raised it and it was worked on it. This morning I just got an update that they transferred the case to my local office, my question is do local office approve work authorization? Am kinda scared 🤥🤥

20190810_084033.jpg

Edited by Ziongirl

Filed: Other Country: Russia
Timeline

Hello. Has anyone filled out a petition? without a lawyer ... I live in another country, my son and I left America. I file this petition. But I don’t know whether USICS will send a response to the mailing address of another country, or should I necessarily indicate the address, mailing address in the USA?

Hi @HopeN

Now you are out of the situation and working, please focus on your own well-being and your child’s. Make sure to keep proper records and document everything. If you have a competent family law and immigration attorney, they will give you solid guidance. Now, the next step is his move. If he doesn’t want to be found and even served with divorce papers, then hopefully he will leave you in peace. If he’s not active in his child’s life, I hope he doesn’t file papers seeking sole child custody. More than the immigration part the divorce and child custody (family law) aspect takes a huge toll on you, emotionally, psychologically & physically.  I understand what you are going through with this manipulative bully because my ex too is a very educated, well off and well connected person and it’s ashtonishing how easily they are able to get away with their lies and deception based on how others perception of them (that the not as a threat). In my case though, the judge was eventually able to see trough my ex’s manipulative and bullying personality, it took almost 4 years, though. If you can avoid court and settle out of court, that causes the least damage and suffering but it depends on what he wants and his demands and if he is fair and reasonable he is to you. Don’t worry, if you have backing from your psychologist/therapist and findings in their report to substantiate the control and power dynamics and emotional, psychological or physical abuse, you will be fine. Don’t fear and hope you make have the conviction and self confidence to move forward with your life & give your child a loving and nurturing home environment. If he’s happy with visitation or only interested in that, I’m assuming he won’t want to go to court to seek sole custody just to punish you for leaving him. Some men will detest the idea of having to pay for child support, spousal support and spend lots of money fighting for sole custody due to their own bruised egos and to spite you rather than out of care and concern for their children. Wish you all the best! 

Edited by namastenyc

@HopeN VAWA petitioners need for privacy and confidentiality is also protected by both Uscis policies & Congress. You are not depending on him for your legal status. You are simply saying asking uscis to read your vawa petition and consider your claim for a diff immigration remedy based on abuse that occurred while you resided in the US through your marriage. So, your vawa petition is separate altogether and it does not have anything to do with his legal status or tied to his in any way as he is not sponsoring you. 

Filed: Other Timeline
3 hours ago, FridayGirl@69 said:

@aquila how is all going on with you? I keep praying for you case to resolve ASAP 

Take care and Stay strong!

Thanks dear for remembering me in your prayers. All is going well by God's grace and mercy 😊🙏

54 minutes ago, natalysmile said:

Hello. Has anyone filled out a petition? without a lawyer ... I live in another country, my son and I left America. I file this petition. But I don’t know whether USICS will send a response to the mailing address of another country, or should I necessarily indicate the address, mailing address in the USA?

If you are not physically in the USA, how will you get mails addressed to USA instead of your location in Russia? I remember the attorney here responded to you that you are able to file from your location!

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I want of seek advice for my situation, my ex ad I separated last year, I have a child from a previous relationship so the child isn’t is, during the separation he emptied our bank account and claimed my child as dis dependent, when I found out I asked him to return d money but hasn’t done so, he is using the money to negotiate his way back to the marriage, he said if I want him to return the money I should allow him to come back home which I ve refused. He is now threatening to interfere with my green card application. My family has adviced I leave the money for him and not pursue to recover it, for fear of what he will do. I am really angry because I have gone through a lot because of this man and to lose my money just because I am afraid of retaliation I can’t bear..What do you pple advice because I am abt to file an amendment to claim my child. I don’t want him to win. Meanwhile I am still in hiding as he has threatened to have me killed, I have a restraining order but that hasn’t helped 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
2 hours ago, aquila said:

Thanks dear for remembering me in your prayers. All is going well by God's grace and mercy 😊🙏

Glad to know 😍

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
1 hour ago, Chilly26 said:

I want of seek advice for my situation, my ex ad I separated last year, I have a child from a previous relationship so the child isn’t is, during the separation he emptied our bank account and claimed my child as dis dependent, when I found out I asked him to return d money but hasn’t done so, he is using the money to negotiate his way back to the marriage, he said if I want him to return the money I should allow him to come back home which I ve refused. He is now threatening to interfere with my green card application. My family has adviced I leave the money for him and not pursue to recover it, for fear of what he will do. I am really angry because I have gone through a lot because of this man and to lose my money just because I am afraid of retaliation I can’t bear..What do you pple advice because I am abt to file an amendment to claim my child. I don’t want him to win. Meanwhile I am still in hiding as he has threatened to have me killed, I have a restraining order but that hasn’t helped 

I had the same thing happen with the IRS. I had to get a lawyerN but was not happy about the end result with IRS rules. Also. Lawyer said if it is a joint account he can take what he wants. Was not happy with that also. 

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Filed: Other Country: Russia
Timeline
3 hours ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

If you are not physically in the USA, how will you get mails addressed to USA instead of your location in Russia? I remember the attorney here responded to you that you are able to file from your location!

Thank  for your reply. I did not understand, unfortunately. Can I apply from another country? In this case, I must indicate the address in the USA, for example, a friend, so that the answers are sent there? For a friend to send me answers from them?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.