2,946 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, FridayGirl@69 said:

I went to my interview today as you know:

My case went to further review, 15 days (it could take up to 180 days) to know if I get to stay or not so I have to continue waiting... 

The officer just didn’t make a decision on my case there because he needed to send it to further review to a supervisor to make sure about my “legit” Divorce Decree and he wanted my daughters’ birth certificates too

So I have to continue waiting either for :
RFE or Denial Document or GC

Thank you for all your support! 🙌🏼🇺🇸

Everything will be okay ... it’s just a verification .... why would they deny you ? 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
42 minutes ago, Screecher said:

Everything will be okay ... it’s just a verification .... why would they deny you ? 

I am just laying down the 3 options:

RFE

GC 

Denial 

No reason to get denied but on today’s environment everything can happen!

keeping real and my grounded feet!

Timeline
57 minutes ago, Comforter said:

Fridaygirl@ I know u will get your gc by Gods grace but what dis he ask u.Was he doubting ur marriage or divorce?Why did he ask for your childs birth certificate?pls can u explain more

Divorce decree done by Texas Court Law, my lawyer reaffirmed the legality of it!

No idea why did he asked for them but it was irrelevant to my case, my lawyer said promptly!

Edited by FridayGirl@69

Timeline
1 hour ago, FridayGirl@69 said:

I have to correct, 15 up to 120 days to wait...

It could be that the interviewing officer is relatively new to his position and not sure how to handle vawa based AOS. So he needs to have another pair of eyes look at your application. Im  speculating, but thats what it looks like from an outsider point of view.

Please hang in there and be optimistic.Our prayers are with you.You will cross the ocean with Almighty's help. Take care honey. 

4 hours ago, FridayGirl@69 said:

I went to my interview today as you know:

My case went to further review, 15 days (it could take up to 180 days) to know if I get to stay or not so I have to continue waiting... 

The officer just didn’t make a decision on my case there because he needed to send it to further review to a supervisor to make sure about my “legit” Divorce Decree and he wanted my daughters’ birth certificates too

So I have to continue waiting either for :
RFE or Denial Document or GC

Thank you for all your support! 🙌🏼🇺🇸

When the put your case under review could take Only 2 weeks but you need to check your case status everyday .

Don't worry Everything will be Okay .

I just Don't understand You already got divorce and your received your Divorce Certificate or decree Or Final Divorce with court stamp on it .

What Does mean they want to check your legit Divorce ?

Edited by xoxox

Timeline
6 minutes ago, xoxox said:

When the put your case under review could take Only 2 weeks but you need to check your case status everyday .

Don't worry Everything will be Okay .

I just Don't understand You already got divorce and your received your Divorce Certificate or decree Or Final Divorce with court stamp on it .

What Does mean they want to check your legit Divorce ?

I idea... he wanted to make sure it was a real one I guess... I am positive all will be fine,  let’s wait 15 days...

Hey everyone, i read this a lot on this forum, but i never thought it happened to me as well. So i have been requesting my I485 form form my attorney from the day it was filed, they just never sent it to me. I insisted on it today again and finally got it and upon review i spotted some mistakes. I asked her what needs to be done, but ofcourse i didn't get an answer. What needs to be done now? Do i need to submit the corrections? I also need to apply for the EAD(C31) renewal that i decided to do it myself and not trust my attorney. So just to recap in case i am missing anything, do i send the I765, 2 photos, a copy of the VAWA approval, and a copy of the current EAD. Your input is greatly appreciated. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Screecher said:

Just curious what other questions he asked ? 

Just in general how did the interview go ! 

same questions as I-485

name, date of birth, marriage certificate and divorce certificate, and all questions about the I-485 littly  all of them one by one.

I will say smooth interview.

Timeline

I contacted my congress preson to know about my i485 as sandra and others here in this forum suggested for me! It all went good she helped me and uscis told her that they would schedule my interview in 90 days i filed in 2016 been waiting forever !!!! Thank u everyone that guided me on the process my Lawyer isnt really helping much 

Timeline
17 minutes ago, FridayGirl@69 said:

same questions as I-485

name, date of birth, marriage certificate and divorce certificate, and all questions about the I-485 littly  all of them one by one.

I will say smooth interview.

Im soo sooo worried about the interview did u have a lawyer with u???

Timeline
26 minutes ago, Cindygodisgood1 said:

Im soo sooo worried about the interview did u have a lawyer with u???

Yes,  she rocked! She stopped his questions about the abused and the birth certificates os my adult daughters. 

You will be fine , it depends the officer some are nicer than others.

When is your interview and where?

Edited by FridayGirl@69

Timeline
4 minutes ago, FridayGirl@69 said:

Yes,  she rocked! She stopped his questions about the abused and the birth certificates os my adult daughters. 

You will be fine , it depends the officer some are nicer than others.

When is your interview and where?

I still have not been scheduled my congress person was told that in 90 days my lawyer would receive a date ..so i think i will bring my lawyer this situation now with uscis its very stressful i am afraid terrified about thus interview lol idk why !!! I am just nervous its been a long horrible journey 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.