Cata&Ben

August 2019 - AOS Fillers!

1,771 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Had my interview 10:30 this morning  at Kansas city. The IO was really nice and made us feel real comfortable very quickly. We felt at ease, so the nerves went away. He only asked us how we met? and asked me the yes/no questions on i-485...that's it! Didn't even ask for any originals or passport...which I thought was kinda odd. He just asked for my medical. At the end he said I don't have to worry anymore because he is recommending me for approval! 3:00pm my status changed to "New card is being produced".!!! 😊

New Card Is Being Produced

On December 19, 2019, we ordered your new card for Receipt Number

B2 visa To AOS

Priority date:  08/19/19

Received text messages: 08/26/19 

Received NOA1's in the mail: 08/31/19

Biometrics done 09/17/19

Received case update online for RFIE  10/12/19

Sent response for RFIE 10/17/19

RFIE Response delivered (resent I-130A) 10/19/19

"Response to RFIE received" status 10/22/19

Case ready to be scheduled for interview 11/02/19

Interview Scheduled! 11/07/19

Received interview notice in mail 11/12/19

Interview 12/19/19 Approved on spot!

"Case was Approved" status update i-485 & i-130 12/20/19

Received Approval notices in the mail 12/26/19

"Card was mailed to me" I-485 12/26/19

"Card was picked up by USPS" I-485 12/27/19

Green card in hand 12/28/19

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
3 hours ago, Taisland said:

Had my interview 10:30 this morning  at Kansas city. The IO was really nice and made us feel real comfortable very quickly. We felt at ease, so the nerves went away. He only asked us how we met? and asked me the yes/no questions on i-485...that's it! Didn't even ask for any originals or passport...which I thought was kinda odd. He just asked for my medical. At the end he said I don't have to worry anymore because he is recommending me for approval! 3:00pm my status changed to "New card is being produced".!!! 😊

New Card Is Being Produced

On December 19, 2019, we ordered your new card for Receipt Number

Congratulations!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
13 hours ago, Cata&Ben said:

Yes Marcela, my question about the uber job is concerning about how did you handle the issue of the payment slips, and how did you present them to the officer and hwo you present them in the form I 864 since I must prepare a new one form for the interview.

Thank you!

Cata

I've never been interviewed for i485, but for the petition it wasn't trouble because they want the last year info isn't it? They don't want your last month....again I've never got interview for adjustment of status, so no way I would know for sure the way they handle it at this stage 

WE GOT APPROVED!! 

This is such a happy day! 2019 has been the best year of our lives. Happy holidays and happy new year everyone!

Screenshot_20191220-093446_Chrome.jpg

Adjustment of Status (from F-1)

National Benefits Center

Charlotte Field Office

8-23-19: NOA1

9-17-19: Biometrics

10-10-19: RFIE

10-24-19: RFIE Response Received by USCIS

11-07-19: Ready to be Scheduled for Interview

11-12-19: Scheduled for Interview

12-18-19: Interview

12-20-19: Approved!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I'm going to go into a little more detail about what happened at my wife's AOS interview:

My wife is adjusting her status from a K1 visa.  The notice required both of us (her and myself as her spouse) to be present for the interview.

Upon entering the office we turned in the Notice of Interview into a bin.  We arrived about an hour early (appt was at 1:10pm and we arrived 12:10).  Only reason we arrive so early was it was a 3 hour drive and I wanted a time buffer in case there were any issues on the drive.  

After 20 minutes they called my wife up and verified her finger prints and took her photo.  Then she sat back down.

At 1:30 we were called in for the interview.  We went into the back to the Officer's office.  First thing she asked was if I had any materials not included in the I-485 application.  I handed her: copies of joint bank account, joint insurance, and a joint title to a car we just bought.  Also gave her print outs of my wife's Facebook account.  Fortunately my wife loves posting to FB, so it documented pretty well though photos and timely posts everything that's happened since we got married.

The Officer scanned the documents and paid attention mostly to the FB print outs.  After she review the documents, she had me turn in a copy of the immunization paperwork because it had not been forwarded.  They already had a copy of the medical exam.  She did not ask to see any other documents.  

Then it was on the the questions.  Almost all the questions were verification of the info/questions on the I-485.  She asked my wife when we got married, where we got married, her parents names, etc. that was on the I-485.  Then she re-asked the big laundry list of questions about whether my wife was a criminal or a terrorist etc.  That took about 20 minutes.  I don't think she asked any new questions at all that wasn't already covered in the original application.  

Then she said she was recommending approval of our petition.  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
1 hour ago, AndrewF said:

I'm going to go into a little more detail about what happened at my wife's AOS interview:

My wife is adjusting her status from a K1 visa.  The notice required both of us (her and myself as her spouse) to be present for the interview.

Upon entering the office we turned in the Notice of Interview into a bin.  We arrived about an hour early (appt was at 1:10pm and we arrived 12:10).  Only reason we arrive so early was it was a 3 hour drive and I wanted a time buffer in case there were any issues on the drive.  

After 20 minutes they called my wife up and verified her finger prints and took her photo.  Then she sat back down.

At 1:30 we were called in for the interview.  We went into the back to the Officer's office.  First thing she asked was if I had any materials not included in the I-485 application.  I handed her: copies of joint bank account, joint insurance, and a joint title to a car we just bought.  Also gave her print outs of my wife's Facebook account.  Fortunately my wife loves posting to FB, so it documented pretty well though photos and timely posts everything that's happened since we got married.

The Officer scanned the documents and paid attention mostly to the FB print outs.  After she review the documents, she had me turn in a copy of the immunization paperwork because it had not been forwarded.  They already had a copy of the medical exam.  She did not ask to see any other documents.  

Then it was on the the questions.  Almost all the questions were verification of the info/questions on the I-485.  She asked my wife when we got married, where we got married, her parents names, etc. that was on the I-485.  Then she re-asked the big laundry list of questions about whether my wife was a criminal or a terrorist etc.  That took about 20 minutes.  I don't think she asked any new questions at all that wasn't already covered in the original application.  

Andrew, thank you for this post.  EXTREMELY informative.  My wife is a Facebook hound so she has lots of posts about our wedding, various trips we have taken in the area, etc.  Every time the spirit moves her she posts something about us on Facebook.  So you gave me a fantastic idea to screen print the heck out of her Facebook account.

She doesn't drive, never did and I'm still driving the car I've had the last 15 years so no title, registration to share at this time.  However, I will print health insurance, bank statement with our names on it, two or three utility bills, screen shot showing her as an authorized user on our two credit cards, a number of photos of us together and the aforementioned Facebook screen shots of all our times together since her arrival last summer.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Andrew, I was wondering if you could tell me how many statements for each account did you bring?  For example, for your cable/wifi bill did you bring ALL statements dating back months that had both names on it?  Or the most recent?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Congratulations on your approval! The way you were wording the whole I was expecting problems through the process, lol fortunately you guys are done for the next 2 years!

I sent my AOS package through usps to the uscis lockbox on the 15th of November 2019 and it arrived on the 17th. And I haven't gotten any notification since then. I have called USCIS several times and they don't have my case on the system. I was asked to send a mail to uscis lockbox which I did yet I haven't got any response. Can anyone guide me on what to do next. I'm confused. 

So I probably have the weirdest timeline so far xD

But I just got this news for my EAD Card!

My Timeline (St. Louis, MO):

08/22 Mailed packet

08/23 USCIS received

08/27 NOA

09/25 Call USCIS for service inquiry (Biometrics Letter), never got the answer

10/14 RFIE

10/29 RFIE Received

11/05 Call USCIS again for service inquiry (Biometrics Letter), never got the answer

11/29 Biometrics Letter Received

12/09 Biometrics appointment (Code 2). They've only taken my index finger's fingerprint

12/13 Another Biometrics Letter Received (Code 3)

12/20 EAD Card is being produced

12/24 Biometrics Appointment scheduled

Edited by Ban Hammer
removed personal info

My Timeline (St. Louis, MO):

08/22 Mailed packet

08/23 USCIS received

08/27 NOA

09/25 Call USCIS for service inquiry (Biometrics Letter), never got the answer

10/14 RFIE

10/29 RFIE Received

11/05 Call USCIS again for service inquiry (Biometrics Letter), never got the answer

11/29 Biometrics Letter Received

12/09 Biometrics appointment (Code 2). They've only taken my index finger's fingerprint

12/13 Another Biometrics Letter Received (Code 3)

12/20 EAD Card is being produced

12/24 Biometrics Appointment scheduled -> Cancelled due to executive order

12/30 EAD Card Received

01/08 Supposedly the rescheduled biometrics appointment, but couldn't make it.

01/15 Did the Walk-in Biometrics!

01/21 Status changed to "Ready to be interviewed"

01/22 Status changed to "Interview was scheduled"

02/26 Green Card Interview & Approved!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.