Cata&Ben

August 2019 - AOS Fillers!

1,771 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
10 hours ago, tengumats said:

Hi, that's not an RFE, it's a courtesy letter and you don't need to mail in any response unless you receive a followup RFE for it.

They are just reminding you that you didn't send the i693 and it'll be needed during the interview. 

They must have lost it because sent it. Thank you

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi August filers! Anyone from Florida here for interview at Jacksonville? I was notified last November 7th that my case was ready to schedule for interview. I haven't received any schedule yet up to now. Also my EAD shows no updates, the last one is Fingerprint review was completed. Im seeing some August filers with EAD coming and received. I'm having a holiday stress now.

Timeline
12 hours ago, RachelBounty said:

Rumor has it that Seattle will start sending cases to Portland, so they speed the process up. I’m in Seattle too. 

I think they are doing this already, Portland used to be fast until this happened, sorry for the sour comment.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 12/12/2019 at 4:40 PM, Shirley angie said:

Interview scheduled for January 16 :D

When did you receive your interview notice in the mail after interview scheduled? How many days?

Timeline
On 12/13/2019 at 12:09 AM, Calendula said:

Maybe you should try calling USCIS as well ! I told them that the people I had on the phone on my previous calls told me to wait 60days after they received my response to RFE to fill up a case inquiry (which was true) so the lady that I talked to today looked it up and filled a case inquiry for me. I don't know if it'll do anything, but I think it's worth trying !

I hope both our cases will move soon... it would be a nice present for the end of the year.

If you wanna call USCIS :
Phone number : (800) 375-5283
And then do 1, 1, 2, 2 to get someone on the phone in English or 2, 1, 2, 2 to get someone on the phone in Spanish. They'll ask for your receipt number, alien number and some personal infos to make sure it's you. Hang in there ! ❤️

Thank you ....I called last week and the Woman said me ... in my state Minnesota take 1 year / 1 Year 1/2 to the process  .... How you asked about of your RFIE response? they have 60 days to response it? 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Did anyone apply for a SSN through EAD and hasn't got the SSN yet? How much time does it take for the SSN since the EAD Approval?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
18 hours ago, Mr & Mrs Snowman said:

Thank you ....I called last week and the Woman said me ... in my state Minnesota take 1 year / 1 Year 1/2 to the process  .... How you asked about of your RFIE response? they have 60 days to response it? 

I told them that the previous people I've called about my RFE (not about the AOS or anything else) told me that if the RFE is still on "received" after 60 days, I could do a case inquiry. It doesn't mean that the AOS will be processed, but it means that your case is not paused again (from what I understand). Right now, with the RFE not being processed, we can't have a work permit or advance parole, which are being processed right now for August fillers.

Hey guys, 

So I received the dreaded RFE today. Does this mean only my AOS is paused whilst they wait to receive the evidence, will my EAD and AP still process as normal? 

If I give them a call will they tell me the evidence that they need? I worry about how long it shall take to receive the information in the mail as I travel for Christmas vacation next week (staying in the states of course) 

Any help would be appreciated, I’ve emailed my lawyer but he is out of office and I’m not sure how long his colleague will take to reply. 

8-22-19 Filled for AOS/AP/EAD.

9-1-19 Received NOAS.

9-18-19 Biometrics apt.

9-25-19 Fingerprints Review. 

12-22-19 RFE

1-8-20 RFE Received

1-24-20 Ready to be scheduled for an interview

2 -12-20 EAD Card is Being Produced

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
1 hour ago, DavidYule said:

Hey guys, 

So I received the dreaded RFE today. Does this mean only my AOS is paused whilst they wait to receive the evidence, will my EAD and AP still process as normal? 

If I give them a call will they tell me the evidence that they need? I worry about how long it shall take to receive the information in the mail as I travel for Christmas vacation next week (staying in the states of course) 

Any help would be appreciated, I’ve emailed my lawyer but he is out of office and I’m not sure how long his colleague will take to reply. 

From what I understand, the EAD and AP are paused as well when you get an RFE. The RFE letter should be there by the end of the week or early next week. Hang in there !

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
On 12/15/2019 at 12:51 PM, Irush93 said:

When did you receive your interview notice in the mail after interview scheduled? How many days?

I have seen lot people got between 4 or 5 business days, mine was in 5 business days

2 hours ago, Calendula said:

From what I understand, the EAD and AP are paused as well when you get an RFE. The RFE letter should be there by the end of the week or early next week. Hang in there !

My lawyer got back fast! He emailed me saying: 

We will have to see the request to confirm.  They aren’t entirely uncommon in this environment nowadays.  It is not supposed to slow down the EAD/AP.” 

I guess I’ll need to wait and see, been doing a lot of that lately lol! 

8-22-19 Filled for AOS/AP/EAD.

9-1-19 Received NOAS.

9-18-19 Biometrics apt.

9-25-19 Fingerprints Review. 

12-22-19 RFE

1-8-20 RFE Received

1-24-20 Ready to be scheduled for an interview

2 -12-20 EAD Card is Being Produced

Timeline

My USCIS notifier went off 5 min ago... I'm ready to be scheduled for interview, hopefully doesn't take a long time to get that done, very thankful to GodScreenshot_20191216-213457.png.272f12b52c6633e9015d35a63acab6de.png

Timeline
21 hours ago, Calendula said:

I told them that the previous people I've called about my RFE (not about the AOS or anything else) told me that if the RFE is still on "received" after 60 days, I could do a case inquiry. It doesn't mean that the AOS will be processed, but it means that your case is not paused again (from what I understand). Right now, with the RFE not being processed, we can't have a work permit or advance parole, which are being processed right now for August fillers.

Thank you ...I'll call them again .....your case and mine are so close in times 

21 hours ago, Calendula said:

I'll call them again hope that I have some notice...Thanks for your advise 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

So for some reason I have ANOTHER RFE for my I-485, I currently have a pending expedite request for my form I-765 does this get put on hold? My original request for evidence has been pending for over 60 days but now apparently I have another one to respond to for the i485

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.