dwheels76

NVC Filers - August 2019

410 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Portugal
Timeline
35 minutes ago, realmadrid23 said:

Thankyou for that. I understand it is almost same for me, It has been too long for both of us. waiting and waiting. It is sad and painful for me and wife . We both are waiting eagerly to get together. Long distance relationship are tough and at the same time this waiting for NVC to assign us a case number is something we both have to face. I hope you get your case number soon!!  

Yes, we have to patiently wait although it’s painful. Being away from my husband is very difficult, I’m sure everyone here can relate! Hoping the process moves along quickly soon so we can be with our loved ones. 

wishing best to all 

Marriage: 2018-12-28 [in Portugal]

I-130 Sent: 2019-02-24

I-130 NOA1: 2019-03-07

I-130 Approved: 2019-05-31

NVC Received: 2019-06-19 

Case/invoice number assigned: 2019-08-27

IV/AOS fees paid: 2019-08-28

NVC docs submitted: 2019-09-21 

DQ at NVC: 2019-10-08

Interview letter received: 2019-10-24

Interview date: 2019-11-06

Timeline
11 hours ago, Ginwill said:

I called NVC today and they sent my case for supervisor review.

I submitted my documents on july 18

Hey! How do you actually get to talk to someone at NVC? Over the last few months I have tried a dozen times at various times of the day and I just get the recording that hangs up on you after it's done and gives no option to wait to talk someone. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
46 minutes ago, gonzolux said:

Hey! How do you actually get to talk to someone at NVC? Over the last few months I have tried a dozen times at various times of the day and I just get the recording that hangs up on you after it's done and gives no option to wait to talk someone. 

hi I try calling numerous times until i get to hear the wait time can be excess of 30 mins.

Yesterday i had to wait for 1 hour and 20 mins just to talk to someone from NVC.

just keep calling until you wont hear the message 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Bahamas
Timeline

Also try calling at 7am ET where you’ll be more likely to get through quicker. I was on hold 15 minutes vs 1 hr when I called later in the day. Hours now 7am-12am.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
2 hours ago, Blair86 said:

Also try calling at 7am ET where you’ll be more likely to get through quicker. I was on hold 15 minutes vs 1 hr when I called later in the day. Hours now 7am-12am.

Exactly. I had a much easier time calling right at 7. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Portugal
Timeline
10 hours ago, gonzolux said:

I typically have to call about 15-30 times to get a dial tone -- if you don't hear a dial tone, there's no menu option to talk to anyone. If you get a dial tone, stay on the line. The recording will speak through some options, and then you can hit the options you need. Typically, I spend 45 mins to 2 hours waiting on hold before getting to speak to an operator after I select the appropriate menu option. If I call at 7 am, like others have suggested, I wait about 30 mins. If I call later in the day (after work), the waits are definitely longer. 

Marriage: 2018-12-28 [in Portugal]

I-130 Sent: 2019-02-24

I-130 NOA1: 2019-03-07

I-130 Approved: 2019-05-31

NVC Received: 2019-06-19 

Case/invoice number assigned: 2019-08-27

IV/AOS fees paid: 2019-08-28

NVC docs submitted: 2019-09-21 

DQ at NVC: 2019-10-08

Interview letter received: 2019-10-24

Interview date: 2019-11-06

10 hours ago, gonzolux said:

I call exactly 7am and I always get through but wait from 30-45+ minutes and make breakfast while on speakerphone 🤣 The one time I tried during the day I got the automated message and hung up on me

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline
11 minutes ago, paret3169 said:

Something with the marriage certificate, gonna   call in the morning and try to get more details. 

Since I had to face the same RFE request. I suggest that you click on the link they provided with the RFE letter. And check the specific requirements for the country of your marriage.  

This is the link that I used, you can find your country on the list that is on the left side of the page:
https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country.html

I don't know if what happened with me is relevant but we unknowingly skipped the step of registering the marriage. Country: Lebanon. And that is why we received RFE.

Good luck, and keep us updated!

I - 751 package: 

Sent:                               02/04/22

Received:                       02/10/22

Text notification:          02/14/22

Office:                            MSC

NOA received:               02/22/22

4 hours ago, Nag & Matt said:

Since I had to face the same RFE request. I suggest that you click on the link they provided with the RFE letter. And check the specific requirements for the country of your marriage.  

This is the link that I used, you can find your country on the list that is on the left side of the page:
https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country.html

I don't know if what happened with me is relevant but we unknowingly skipped the step of registering the marriage. Country: Lebanon. And that is why we received RFE.

Good luck, and keep us updated!

Thanks yes I saw the message and the link. Looks like they are asking for the family book rather what I sent them which is just the marriage certificate extracted from that book. It’s bizarre because other members here from turkey were accepted with just that certificate and not uploading the whole book. I’ll try to get a clear message from them and go from there. 

Filed: IR-5 Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
22 minutes ago, paret3169 said:

Well I just spoke to NVC they want they whole marriage booklet. So anyone at the nvc stage submitting marriage certificate from Turkey... heads up send the whole aile cuzdan booklet front to back and not the Formul B document. Another 3 weeks here I come 😑

Oh no, so sorry you’ve come across another difficulty! I was hooting for you too! Turkey has very strict guidelines with all legal documents! Hopefully it won’t take as long this time! Finger crossed 🤞 

This whole journey is stressful and exhausting:( Hang in there.. Hope all of us waiting receive DQ  very soon too!! 🙏🏼🙏🏼🧿 

3 minutes ago, OneHappyMamma said:

Oh no, so sorry you’ve come across another difficulty! I was hooting for you too! Turkey has very strict guidelines with all legal documents! Hopefully it won’t take as long this time! Finger crossed 🤞 

This whole journey is stressful and exhausting:( Hang in there.. Hope all of us waiting receive DQ  very soon too!! 🙏🏼🙏🏼🧿 

Thank you 🙏🏻 and wishing you good news as well!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.