dwheels76

NVC Filers - August 2019

410 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Nag & Matt said:

Hello all,

Today I received DQ email.

I am waiting for the interview in Amman embassy. Who is Amman embassy too?

AOS & IV submission: 10 Jul 
RFE received: 15 Jul 
Re-submission: 31 Jul 
DQ: 15 Aug (today)

@paret3169 To answer your question. 

Good luck to you all!

woww congrats!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Nag & Matt said:

Hello all,

Today I received DQ email.

I am waiting for the interview in Amman embassy. Who is Amman embassy too?

AOS & IV submission: 10 Jul 
RFE received: 15 Jul 
Re-submission: 31 Jul 
DQ: 15 Aug (today)

@paret3169 To answer your question. 

Good luck to you all!

Gongrats! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belize
Timeline
1 hour ago, GraceJ21 said:

Hi everyone, our fees have been processed and I'm a little confused in what order I should do everything. Should I complete DS-260 until I have all the rest of the documents ready to process? Or can I complete the form, and have it process while I collect everything else that is needed?  We are only waiting on our joint sponsors financial papers.  And another question... we have the tax transcripts for the last 3 years, but not the W2s for the primary sponsor (my spouse's), are those absolutely necessary? We can't seem to find them.  Thank you and good luck to everyone! 

nothing will be reviewed until everything is submitted, so you can submit ds260 whenever in that timeline. Make sure that you submit everything you possibly think is important or necessary all at the same time, or just know that the 3 week wait will start as soon as you submit your very last document. 

1 hour ago, Gojo said:

Hello, 

I just looked at my transcripts and it says that I filed single on my 2018 transcripts.   Is this going to cause a problem??

Yea I mean today I asked on the phone about the W2's and how there is specific cases when the W2 is not required and the representative made it seem like the W2s are basically always necessary and that the website is wrong by not stating that. I would definitely do what you can to get ahold of them and submit them. If you don't have them, you can submit without and hope everything goes well but be aware they might come back after 3 weeks and ask for them.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Blair86 said:

Wow! I resubmitted 18 July and still waiting myself. I called at the 3 week mark and they escalated to a supervisor but that’s been a week ago too. I think since it’s summer they May be short staffed with people on vacations or something, who knows. 

wow 😑 still a week in supervisor review... How did you feel about requesting it? Are you happy you did or do you wish you just waited without? Its a hard call to make. I called in today to do the same but with the news that im not eligible, I have to keep waiting. Still unsure though if requesting supervisor review is the right move... keep me updated! :)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
On 8/13/2019 at 12:32 PM, realmadrid23 said:

Hi, I have an approved I-130 NOA2, and my application is with NVC at the moment, like many of us,. Are we subjected to the self sufficent rule that is going to be passed in 60 days?

Not entirely sure but I did read those filing petitions after Oct 15 will be subjected to the rule. 

1 hour ago, realmadrid23 said:

Hi everyone, it is more than month after uscis sent my case to nvc, we havent heard anything ? is there anybody in the same boat?

I would give them a call and follow up with them. At least get a date of when they received the case. Mines took roughly three weeks for a case number to be assigned. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Portugal
Timeline
1 hour ago, realmadrid23 said:

Hi everyone, it is more than month after uscis sent my case to nvc, we havent heard anything ? is there anybody in the same boat?

Hi, my case was sent on June 12 to NVC. It was received June 19 (found this out by calling them). It is now August 15, and I still don't have a case number. I called today since it's past the 8 week mark they say it can take to get a case number (though I've seen many people here get them faster this same year). Still waiting with no number.

Edited by Madison S.

Marriage: 2018-12-28 [in Portugal]

I-130 Sent: 2019-02-24

I-130 NOA1: 2019-03-07

I-130 Approved: 2019-05-31

NVC Received: 2019-06-19 

Case/invoice number assigned: 2019-08-27

IV/AOS fees paid: 2019-08-28

NVC docs submitted: 2019-09-21 

DQ at NVC: 2019-10-08

Interview letter received: 2019-10-24

Interview date: 2019-11-06

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Bahamas
Timeline
2 hours ago, Snd said:

wow 😑 still a week in supervisor review... How did you feel about requesting it? Are you happy you did or do you wish you just waited without? Its a hard call to make. I called in today to do the same but with the news that im not eligible, I have to keep waiting. Still unsure though if requesting supervisor review is the right move... keep me updated! :)

Well the first time I submitted, 3 weeks went by so I called and the rep was like oh it has been 3 weeks I’ll escalate this to a supervisor for you and I heard back 2 days later. This time I called at 3 week mark and the rep said I’ll escalate to supervisor for you. Im hoping it was the right decision but didn’t know it was a gamble either time. If it was shouldn’t they say well we could escalate to a supervisor or you could wait it out? I mean I don’t know but I’ll keep my fingers crossed. 

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Blair86 said:

Well the first time I submitted, 3 weeks went by so I called and the rep was like oh it has been 3 weeks I’ll escalate this to a supervisor for you and I heard back 2 days later. This time I called at 3 week mark and the rep said I’ll escalate to supervisor for you. Im hoping it was the right decision but didn’t know it was a gamble either time. If it was shouldn’t they say well we could escalate to a supervisor or you could wait it out? I mean I don’t know but I’ll keep my fingers crossed. 

yea I am hoping they would tell you what is the best option. This morning she said that department is behind which means more requests for supervisor review will probably happen, but at least you have been in line for a week. I hope you hear back sooN!

2 minutes ago, Snd said:

yea I am hoping they would tell you what is the best option. This morning she said that department is behind which means more requests for supervisor review will probably happen, but at least you have been in line for a week. I hope you hear back sooN!

I hit the 3 week tomorrow I’m debating if I should escalate or wait?

Timeline
Just now, paret3169 said:

I hit the 3 week tomorrow I’m debating if I should escalate or wait?

I thought we had the same submission date of 7/24? If so, you can call and request for supervisor review as soon as today but that is up to you. I have tried to read a lot about supervisor review and it seems split pretty evenly between it helping and delaying things more. I really wish I could give you a better option but I truly don't know. I wanted to wait to request the review but it would suck to wait a week or two after the 3 weeks and still not be approved forcing you to ask for supervisor review much later than you could have... That is my method thinking but then again I really don't know. I submitted extra documents (my w2's and final tax transcript) on 8/11, so now I have another 2.5 weeks to wait. 😢 

1 minute ago, Snd said:

I thought we had the same submission date of 7/24? If so, you can call and request for supervisor review as soon as today but that is up to you. I have tried to read a lot about supervisor review and it seems split pretty evenly between it helping and delaying things more. I really wish I could give you a better option but I truly don't know. I wanted to wait to request the review but it would suck to wait a week or two after the 3 weeks and still not be approved forcing you to ask for supervisor review much later than you could have... That is my method thinking but then again I really don't know. I submitted extra documents (my w2's and final tax transcript) on 8/11, so now I have another 2.5 weeks to wait. 😢 

It was 7/25 actually so it’s friday for me. I think I will roll the dice and pray

Timeline
Just now, paret3169 said:

It was 7/25 actually so it’s friday for me. I think I will roll the dice and pray

I wish you luck! keep us updated 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.