David & Olga

K3 Visa Viability in 2019

83 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: France
Timeline
18 minutes ago, CSTSLP said:

This is absolutely correct. The 11-14.5 months for typical processing comes directly off of the USCIS site for processing times. 

What we don’t know is with this small sampling is it typical or atypical for Nebraska. Also as you said we don’t know about the other SC either. I wonder if your I130 is accepted in say Nebraska if they will automatically process the I129 there too. 

The I-129F petition for K3 visa is intended to be filed with the I-130. I would assume they are sent to the same SC.

For our story, look at my profile.

Just now, JulienR said:

The I-129F petition for K3 visa is intended to be filed with the I-130. I would assume they are sent to the same SC.

The I-129F is meant to be filed after the I-130 NOA1.  They should be joined with the I-130 as per USCIS policy. 

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
51 minutes ago, JulienR said:

That would be logical but logic doesn’t always apply to the Government. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
11 hours ago, JulienR said:

Some stats on Nebraska SC. I found 26 I-130 petitions that were approved significantly faster than the current average (11 months at best):

- 12 were expedite, military, transfer or other reason

- 9 sent form I-129F for K3 with or after the I-130 (all approved in less than 6 months)

- 4 I don't know

- 1 said none of the above

People who sent the I-129F petition had their application denied and the I-130 approved at the same time, 1 to 3 months after the PD of the I-129F.

I don't know if there has been similar cases in other SCs, certainly wouldn't make a difference for Potomac though.

What year are these cases from? Recent 2019 cases? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
8 hours ago, CSTSLP said:

This is absolutely correct. The 11-14.5 months for typical processing comes directly off of the USCIS site for processing times. 

What we don’t know is with this small sampling is it typical or atypical for Nebraska. Also as you said we don’t know about the other SC either. I wonder if your I130 is accepted in say Nebraska if they will automatically process the I129 there too. 

The  USCIS's own page says that I-129F petitions (for spouses already married) are being processed faster (7.5-9.5 months) than the I-130s are (11-14.5 mo). I suppose this is still a fairly significant estimated time gap in processing, but I worry about unintended consequences of adding some new process onto the I-130 process--in the end is this going to be faster or is it actually going to slow it down as it opens up a new branch in the process?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
3 minutes ago, ice-qube said:

The  USCIS's own page says that I-129F petitions (for spouses already married) are being processed faster

They are almost always administratively closed......maybe processed faster but not often approved.

Edited by missileman

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline
3 hours ago, ice-qube said:

Some have suggested here that applying for a K-3 could have the side benefit of getting an I-130 looked at faster, but is there any logical truth to that, based on evidence?

- 9 sent form I-129F for K3 with or after the I-130 (all approved in less than 6 months)

- 4 I don't know

This information came from what was reported on VJ for Nebraska Service Center.  It is a small sampling, so it’s hard to say if this is the exception to the rule or not. But in every mention of the K3 on this site and others, the only down side is if you are approved for the K3 (which is likely you will not) that you pay the same fees as the K1 and you have to wait for the Green Card like the K1.  You still come out ahead on the wait.  I really felt I had nothing to lose.  Worse case scenario is that I have to wait the full 11-14.5 months, with a denial on the I129f.  Best case scenario, the I129f is denied but the I-130 is pushed ahead by 9-6 months. 

Timeline
4 hours ago, David & Olga said:

What year are these cases from? Recent 2019 cases? 

.https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/monthly_filers.php?form=2&visa=3&scenter=5&option=3&sortby=2

This shows all approved and unapproved.  If you look at the short approval ones they usually list how they did it in their time line.  I only looked at 2019 approvals. 

19 hours ago, CSTSLP said:

.https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/monthly_filers.php?form=2&visa=3&scenter=5&option=3&sortby=2

This shows all approved and unapproved.  If you look at the short approval ones they usually list how they did it in their time line.  I only looked at 2019 approvals. 

VJ  is user input only.  People can put the wrong visa type and dates. To have validation for your statements you'd need information from the USCIS. 

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline
12 minutes ago, NikLR said:

VJ  is user input only.  People can put the wrong visa type and dates. To have validation for your statements you'd need information from the USCIS. 

As I stated it’s a very small sampling, in which you can only draw a theory off of. Since the USCIS doesn’t share this information, I’m not even sure they track it ...the only way to truly know is to try. 

Trying if you want to is what I've said all along.  Just don't base your decision on possibly incorrect input by visa journey users.  Just try or don't.  In the end you have family reunification regardless. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
On 7/12/2019 at 11:24 AM, JulienR said:

Some stats on Nebraska SC. I found 26 I-130 petitions that were approved significantly faster than the current average (11 months at best):

- 4 I don't know

People who sent the I-129F petition had their application denied and the I-130 approved at the same time, 1 to 3 months after the PD of the I-129F.

I don't know if there has been similar cases in other SCs, certainly wouldn't make a difference for Potomac though.

We got Nebraska and filed for I129f on top of I130. Denial on I129f and I130 got approved in 85 days. 

February 13 2015: Started dating (met in New Orleans)

February 13 2018: Married in New Orleans

March 29 2019: PD for 1-130 (Spouse) - Nebraska Service Center

May 20 2019 : PD for 129F (K3 spouse visa)

June 21 2019 : I129F denial

June 22 2019 : I130 APPROVAL (only 85 days after submission) 😀 

July 17 2019 : sent to NVC by NSC

September 03 2019 : received case number (72 days after approval - it was a long 10 weeks waiting time  😶)

September 06 2019 : payed fees 

September 11 2019 : uploaded documents (Financial & civil) + submit DS-260

October 17 2019 : documents reviewed by NVC - one document missing / others approved (first review after 35 days / 5 weeks)

October 21 2019 : missing document submitted (police certificate from another country I lived in - this country is requiring 2 different police certificates and I only had one...stupid mistake)

November 22 2019 Documentary Qualified email :D 

December 10 2019 Medical done 

December 16 2019 Interview Letter

January 22 2020 Interview - APPROVED 😍

January 28 2020 Visa on hand 

February 25th 2020 Travel day

Timeline
On 7/12/2019 at 11:50 PM, ice-qube said:

Some have suggested here that applying for a K-3 could have the side benefit of getting an I-130 looked at faster, but is there any logical truth to that, based on evidence?

Yes. Upon our experience 

September 03 2019 : received case number (72 days after approval - it was a long 10 weeks waiting time  😶)

October 17 2019 : documents reviewed by NVC - one document missing / others approved (first review after 35 days / 5 weeks)

October 21 2019 : missing document submitted (police certificate from another country I lived in - this country is requiring 2 different police certificates and I only had one...stupid mistake)

Timeline
On 7/12/2019 at 3:50 PM, JulienR said:

Actually you have to wait to have your NOA1 from I130 in order to be able to apply for I129f. 

Application is sent to Dallas lockbox and then they send it to SC. They link the petitions. All folks who’s had Nebraska for their I130 got Nebraska for their I129f

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.