AI135

N-400 July 2019 Filers!!! Join here!!!

1,242 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, mikenjan said:

In my case thats all they need...all listed on the appointment letter, tax and bank statements.

first of all  - CONGRATULATIONS!  

my question is regarding the L.A. office.. did you find there was a long wait for the security line outside? I've searched what I can and have seen people recommend getting there even earlier than you think, as the line to get in can be long?

my appointment (March 27th) is on the earlier side (7:45am) so I don't think this will be an issue, but if there's any info you think may be helpful regarding the 'logistics' of actually getting there and checking in etc. please let me know.

many thanks!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
1 hour ago, Matt72 said:

my question is regarding the L.A. office.. did you find there was a long wait for the security line outside? I've searched what I can and have seen people recommend getting there even earlier than you think, as the line to get in can be long?

my appointment (March 27th) is on the earlier side (7:45am) so I don't think this will be an issue, but if there's any info you think may be helpful regarding the 'logistics' of actually getting there and checking in etc. please let me know.

many thanks!

on getting there early: 

(based on experience at San Antonio office)

I think it doesn't matter. USCIS gives a size-able cohort with the same appointment time and then they are herded through security. The token given to you doesn't follow a linear pattern in the way people are called. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline
On 3/7/2020 at 8:57 AM, Matt72 said:

many thanks!

I've been to the fed building in LA where USCIS is located (300 N. Los Angeles St). It is a big building with a variety of fed agencies, including USCIS. The line to get into the building shouldn't be too bad at 7:45 AM, especially given the COVID-19 situation. I think if you get there around 7:15, you should be good to go. 

My wife's appointment is the same day as yours (albeit up in San Francisco). Good luck to you! 

Removing Conditions Timeline

Aug. 10, '17: Mailed in I-751

Aug. 21, '17: NOA1

October 23, '18: NOA2- approval

October 30, 18: 10-year GC received

2 hours ago, usmsbow said:

I've been to the fed building in LA where USCIS is located (300 N. Los Angeles St). It is a big building with a variety of fed agencies, including USCIS. The line to get into the building shouldn't be too bad at 7:45 AM, especially given the COVID-19 situation. I think if you get there around 7:15, you should be good to go. 

My wife's appointment is the same day as yours (albeit up in San Francisco). Good luck to you! 

thanks for your reply.

That was my main concern -  the building basically deals with every variation of immigration and related services, so I thought it might become crowded early outside (from the pics i've seen on Yelp etc.), I'll definitely be there at least half an hour ahead of time, thank you!

also - I've been thinking about the COVID-19 situation regarding all of this too, and I can certainly imagine Oath ceremonies being delayed over the next few months and possibly interviews as well.
There have been some 'Large Gathering' events in the area already cancelled so I would think the idea of 5,000 people turning up at Staples Center could well become an issue.

I suppose a positive way to look at it, is that it's all been one long waiting game anyway..  but that's not much comfort when 'so near the finish line' as it were - I guess these are all things we should expect given the current situation too.

very best wishes to you and your wife for a smooth process going forward!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Wales
Timeline
5 hours ago, Matt72 said:

thanks for your reply.

That was my main concern -  the building basically deals with every variation of immigration and related services, so I thought it might become crowded early outside (from the pics i've seen on Yelp etc.), I'll definitely be there at least half an hour ahead of time, thank you!

also - I've been thinking about the COVID-19 situation regarding all of this too, and I can certainly imagine Oath ceremonies being delayed over the next few months and possibly interviews as well.
There have been some 'Large Gathering' events in the area already cancelled so I would think the idea of 5,000 people turning up at Staples Center could well become an issue.

I suppose a positive way to look at it, is that it's all been one long waiting game anyway..  but that's not much comfort when 'so near the finish line' as it were - I guess these are all things we should expect given the current situation too.

very best wishes to you and your wife for a smooth process going forward!

I have my interview a few days after yours on April 1st.  So I guess we will either both be at the same oath ceremony.....or two fellow Brits held waiting to cross the finish line by the Coronavirus.

2 hours ago, Shaun (S) said:

I have my interview a few days after yours on April 1st.  So I guess we will either both be at the same oath ceremony.....or two fellow Brits held waiting to cross the finish line by the Coronavirus.

waiting for a Photo finish/VAR decision!

best of luck to you Shaun.. we'll get there eventually.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Wales
Timeline
13 minutes ago, Matt72 said:

waiting for a Photo finish/VAR decision!

best of luck to you Shaun.. we'll get there eventually.

Good luck too Matt....let us know how it goes. 

8 hours ago, Matt72 said:

How often do they hold these huge oath ceremonies?

CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

4/2019: Submitted N400

5/2019: Biometrics (3 weeks)

2/2020: Interview (10 months)

3/2020: Oath & naturalization (11 months)

6/2020: Passport received (3 months)

Officially a U.S. Citizen! 

1 hour ago, N400NYC said:

How often do they hold these huge oath ceremonies?

In Los Angeles, once a month - 2 ceremonies per day

https://www.cacd.uscourts.gov/clerk-services/naturalization-ceremony-locations-and-schedule

37 minutes ago, Matt72 said:

OK, wow, the organization, size and predictability of the sessions is impressive. In many other places it's a total guessing game as to when they happen and how many people attend.

I really hope that the coronavirus situation does not disrupt citizenship ceremonies. Even those these are large public gatherings, the aren't exactly social events (!) and precautions can be put in place so as to justify going ahead with them:

- advising anyone with recent/current illness to not attend

- screening participants for recent travel/exposure

- hand sanitization upon entry

- no guests

- abbreviated/shorter ceremonies

CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

4/2019: Submitted N400

5/2019: Biometrics (3 weeks)

2/2020: Interview (10 months)

3/2020: Oath & naturalization (11 months)

6/2020: Passport received (3 months)

Officially a U.S. Citizen! 

11 hours ago, N400NYC said:

OK, wow, the organization, size and predictability of the sessions is impressive. In many other places it's a total guessing game as to when they happen and how many people attend.

I really hope that the coronavirus situation does not disrupt citizenship ceremonies. Even those these are large public gatherings, the aren't exactly social events (!) and precautions can be put in place so as to justify going ahead with them:

- advising anyone with recent/current illness to not attend

- screening participants for recent travel/exposure

- hand sanitization upon entry

- no guests

- abbreviated/shorter ceremonies

I agree completely - and there already is a note on the USCIS website stating not to attend interviews if you feel sick.

I was just thinking out loud as the subject had been raised.. it got me thinking about the big numbers here per ceremony and potential for disruption.

(not sure why I said Staples Center, I meant the Convention Center!)

By now, we're all used to (or should be) managing our expectations, so it's a continuation of that.

I certainly didn't mean to derail the thread regarding the latest outbreak news, but it's definitely something to consider.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Does anyone know if there will be oaths done at the interview date with this increase development of the virus? I just saw on the news the ban on public gathering for over 500 in New York. It would be a smart move to reduce the spread if the oaths are done same day. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline
20 hours ago, Iamornext said:

Does anyone know if there will be oaths done at the interview date with this increase development of the virus? I just saw on the news the ban on public gathering for over 500 in New York. It would be a smart move to reduce the spread if the oaths are done same day. 

I don't know, but they're cancelling the oath ceremonies right now.

Removing Conditions Timeline

Aug. 10, '17: Mailed in I-751

Aug. 21, '17: NOA1

October 23, '18: NOA2- approval

October 30, 18: 10-year GC received

21 hours ago, Iamornext said:

A friend of mine from FB just had her oath ceremony today in NY, she said that the judge mentioned that most likely they were the last ones to be sworn in for awhile...:(

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline
22 hours ago, Iamornext said:

It would be a smart move to reduce the spread if the oaths are done same day. 

That would make SO much sense.  Sadly, way too much sense for a government body to do it though.  🤣

Lee & William

8/2/2014 - Sent I-129F Petition with USPS by Express Mail    
8/4/2014 - I-129F delivered to dropbox    8/6/2014 - NOA1 Text/E-Mail received    8/11/2014 - Alien Registration Number Changed (Text/E-Mail) / NOA1 Letter received by Mail    3/16/2015 - NOA2 Text/E-Mail received (224 days)    3/20/2015 - Sent to NVC    3/31/2015 - NVC Received    4/1/2015 - Case Number Assigned       4/7/2015 - NVC Sent to Embassy    4/10/2015 - London Embassy Received    4/11/2015 - Medical     4/15/2015 - Packet 3 Received    4/12/2015 - Packet 3 Sent    4/23/2015 - Packet 4 Received    5/18/2015 - Interview - APPROVED     5/30/2015 - Visa collected from courier    6/1/2015 - POE    6/14/2015 - Wedding 💍💍

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.