AI135

N-400 July 2019 Filers!!! Join here!!!

1,242 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
1 hour ago, N400NYC said:

Is there any chance you can just stay at your current address until interview/oath are over? Things get so complicated with USCIS that keeping things as simple as possible from your end is preferable. 

I might not be able to that's what I'm wondering exactly how complicated it would get if you're not moving out of the state and have no need to change where the interview or oath would be. I still work in the city. 

Edited by Thegirl

Cateogory: CR1

• NOA1/Notice of receipt: Sept. 15, 2015
  • NOA2/I130 Approved: February 8, 2016 (NO RFE) :)
  • Process slowed down by us
  • Sent documents to NVC: April 11, 2016
  • Scan date: April 14/ May 7th (NVC said both I dont know why)
  • Case Complete: May 31, 2016 (No checklist) :dancing:

August 17, 2016: Visa Approved!!!! :dancing:

12 minutes ago, Thegirl said:

I might not be able to that's what I'm wondering exactly how complicated it would get if you're not moving out of the state and have no need to change where the interview or oath would be. I still work in the city. 

Per NOLO

If You Move After Your Interview Is Scheduled

If you move after your citizenship interview has already been scheduled, you first need to notify USCIS of your change of address. When the USCIS office near your old address sees your change of address in the system, it will cancel your interview and send your file to the USCIS office closest to your new address. That office will schedule you for an interview near your new address.If for some reason USCIS never noticed your change of address and never cancelled your interview, you can, if it's feasible for you, show up for the interview near your old address. USCIS will usually just go ahead with the interview. Once the interview is complete, USCIS will transfer your file to its office nearest your new address. If your citizenship is approved, your oath ceremony will take place near your new address. It’s a little bit risky to show up for an interview near your old address, however, because the USCIS officer might not agree to interview you. It’s better to change your address first and wait for a new interview.

If You Move After Your Interview But Before Your Oath Ceremony

If you move after your citizenship interview has been completed but before your oath ceremony, you first need to notify USCIS of your change of address. USCIS will cancel your oath ceremony, transfer your file to the office nearest your new address, and schedule you for an oath ceremony near your new address.

CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

4/2019: Submitted N400

5/2019: Biometrics (3 weeks)

2/2020: Interview (10 months)

3/2020: Oath & naturalization (11 months)

6/2020: Passport received (3 months)

Officially a U.S. Citizen! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
1 hour ago, N400NYC said:

Per NOLO

If You Move After Your Interview Is Scheduled

If you move after your citizenship interview has already been scheduled, you first need to notify USCIS of your change of address. When the USCIS office near your old address sees your change of address in the system, it will cancel your interview and send your file to the USCIS office closest to your new address. That office will schedule you for an interview near your new address.If for some reason USCIS never noticed your change of address and never cancelled your interview, you can, if it's feasible for you, show up for the interview near your old address. USCIS will usually just go ahead with the interview. Once the interview is complete, USCIS will transfer your file to its office nearest your new address. If your citizenship is approved, your oath ceremony will take place near your new address. It’s a little bit risky to show up for an interview near your old address, however, because the USCIS officer might not agree to interview you. It’s better to change your address first and wait for a new interview.

If You Move After Your Interview But Before Your Oath Ceremony

If you move after your citizenship interview has been completed but before your oath ceremony, you first need to notify USCIS of your change of address. USCIS will cancel your oath ceremony, transfer your file to the office nearest your new address, and schedule you for an oath ceremony near your new address.

Ugh! 

Thanks. 

Cateogory: CR1

• NOA1/Notice of receipt: Sept. 15, 2015
  • NOA2/I130 Approved: February 8, 2016 (NO RFE) :)
  • Process slowed down by us
  • Sent documents to NVC: April 11, 2016
  • Scan date: April 14/ May 7th (NVC said both I dont know why)
  • Case Complete: May 31, 2016 (No checklist) :dancing:

August 17, 2016: Visa Approved!!!! :dancing:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
9 hours ago, Rose&Jorge said:

I had my interview yesterday and was approved, my status changed today to approved :) 

Thanks for your feedback from the Las Vegas field office. I wonder how soon your oath ceremony will be? I still have not received an interview letter.

Removal of Conditions I-751

07.23.2018 Sent I-751 Priority Express to CSC (California)

08.02.2018 18 month Green Card extension letter

07.16.2019 Biometrics complete

09.04.2019 Case transferred to Lee's Summit, MO (NBC)

03.22.2021 New card in production

03.23.2021 I-751 approval notice (without interview)

03.27.2021 10-year green card received

N400 Naturalization Application

07.22.2019 Online application; USCIS estimated completion Sept 2020

07.31.2019 Biometrics complete

12.18.2020 Contacted State Senator (I-751 pending for more than 2 years)

05.10.2021 Interview  - recommended for approval

06.03.2021 Oath day...finally done!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

I went to my interview appointment today at Federal Building Downtown LA, room 6024. My apt scheduled for 10:15am, got there around 9:03, So I waited at the lobby because its too early. And then i went upstairs around 9:35am. I checkin at the counter and sat and I think the waiting time is more or less an hour before my name was called.

First i was asked 6 questions got all 6 correct

1. What is an amendment?
  2. What is the supreme law of the land?
  3. Whats stops one branch of government from becoming too powerful?
  4. Who was the first President?
  5. What month do we vote for president
  6. When must all men register for selective service

I had to read in English the sentence 

“Who elects Congress?”

I had to write on the iPad 

“The people elect Congress”

We then went through and verified all my information on the application. 

You have to answer a lot of questions. But there’s no vocabulary questions like define some words stuff like that...😇

then she said I passed and she was recommending me for approval!!! 😃

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

@mikenjan congrats, you have to answer a lot of questions? Are the questions related to what you submitted or outside that?

Timeline
23 minutes ago, Iamornext said:

@mikenjan congrats, you have to answer a lot of questions? Are the questions related to what you submitted or outside that?

@Iamornext you just need to answer no or yes to the questions in n400 part 12 Additional Information about you. from 6-50.

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Iamornext said:

@mikenjan okay, whoop! I have my interview next month 3rd.

Good Luck @Iamornext !!! btw the important document you need to bring is your latest income tax return 2019 and if ever you owe irs you need to present receipt that you already paid them. Thanks!

Timeline
4 hours ago, Iamornext said:

@mikenjan did they ask for more evidence or just those listed on the appointment letter?

In my case thats all they need...all listed on the appointment letter, tax and bank statements.

15 hours ago, Iamornext said:

@mikenjan did they ask for more evidence or just those listed on the appointment letter?

Not wanting to confuse the issue, but my understanding is that there's more supporting evidence needed based on marriage and applying after 3 years.

I'm applying based on the 5 year rule (been here for 12 years, divorced and renewed green card once) so I'll be taking my divorce documents and tax documents as well as original copies of everything sent on the electronic application. (My Son's birth certificate etc) so some of this will depend on your personal circumstances. 

I don't think Bank Statements are needed based on the 5 year rule (I haven't been asked for them) -  from what I understand they are required for marriage based applications, but someone can correct me there if I'm wrong!

anyway - as a general rule, I think it's always better to be over prepared and have 'too much' evidence rather than not enough: I'm taking Tax documents from the past 5 years just in case (Downloadable from the IRS website)

just from searching this forum in general and seeing people's different experiences from previous years, you get an idea of what might be asked or not.. someone even mentioned being asked for passport sized photos during their interview so that might be something to consider taking too. (you'll need them anyway)

my interview is on the 27th March at the Los Angeles office so I'll be happy to share any info after that!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.