Celie

July 2019 - AOS Filers

2,067 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
On 11/22/2019 at 4:25 PM, Omoge Afo said:

My husband and I went for the interview on November 19th at Chicago office and on November 21st the app status changed to "interview was completed and my case must be reviewed" is that normal and does anyone else got the same status?  How long does it take to get approval status?

Thanks 

I have a question for you! Our interview is at the Chicago office in 3 weeks. I have everything on the checklist... The only thing that concerns me is the "Original and copy of each supporting document that you submitted with your application"

We submitted joint bank statements, credit card statements, and utility bills. I didn't make copies of those at the time (I should have) but I can obviously still get them. Do you know if I need to go back and print the same exact statement period or can I just print the most recent? 

Did they take everything you brought in on the checklist? I've seen some people say they just asked for only a few things. 

AOS from VWP/ESTA

Filed: 07/05/2019

Notified Via Text: 07/12/2019

Checks Cashed: 07/15/2019

Biometrics Taken: 8/10/2019

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
7 minutes ago, IHaveNoName said:

I have a question for you! Our interview is at the Chicago office in 3 weeks. I have everything on the checklist... The only thing that concerns me is the "Original and copy of each supporting document that you submitted with your application"

We submitted joint bank statements, credit card statements, and utility bills. I didn't make copies of those at the time (I should have) but I can obviously still get them. Do you know if I need to go back and print the same exact statement period or can I just print the most recent? 

Did they take everything you brought in on the checklist? I've seen some people say they just asked for only a few things. 

Thank you for you reply, yes we did took all the original and copy of all required documents.  our status changed to approved on November 22nd and on 25th changed to "card mailed" So all is well and we're super excited to finally done with this portion of immigration. 

Timeline
Just now, Omoge Afo said:

Thank you for you reply, yes we did took all the original and copy of all required documents.  our status changed to approved on November 22nd and on 25th changed to "card mailed" So all is well and we're super excited to finally done with this portion of immigration. 

Awesome! Congrats!

Did they take or need everything that you brought to the interview? 

AOS from VWP/ESTA

Timeline
On 10/14/2019 at 2:03 PM, Omoge Afo said:

Here's our case status: 

Filing Office: Chicago.

AOS from K1 status

Filed I130, I485, I765

Case Received: July 25th, 2019

Fingerprint completed : August 13th, 2019

RFP Mailed: September 16th, 2019

RFP respond Received:  September 25th, 2019

Case ready to be scheduled: October 9th, 2019

Case scheduled for an interview: October 11th, 2019

Interview Date: November 19th

Approval Status: November 22nd

Card Mail Status: November 25th

No Status on I765 and  I130

Using Case Tracker App

Timeline

Hey everyone,

Our interview is in 3 weeks. I lost the copies of the supporting documentation that I submitted with the application and I am supposed to bring copies to the interview. 

I can re print all of the supporting docs, but I'm not 100% sure if we used our May or June bank & credit card statements for the original application. 

Does anyone have advice or experience with this? Am I fine just printing out the most recent statements for everything or do I need to go back and match the actual statement periods?

AOS from VWP/ESTA

Timeline
7 minutes ago, IHaveNoName said:

Awesome! Congrats!

Did they take or need everything that you brought to the interview? 

The interview was less than 15mins, and they didnt keep everything we brought.  The interviewer told us to put everything else we had away as soon as he saw our pregnancy ultrasound lol.  We took joint banks statement, health insurance, auto insurance, mail from my daughter's school showing both of our names, over 100 pictures, cards we received from our wedding, Massive bible that my mom gave to us as wedding gift with our name engraved on it and the pregnancy ultrasound pictures.  

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Lebanon
Timeline
57 minutes ago, Grant & Bri said:

Can I expedite form I-765 with just a job offer or does it need to be financial loss for them to approve it? Thanks.

job offer is more than enough

AOS/EAD/AP ->: 11/29/18 - NOA1: 12/04/18

Biometric NOA:  12/14/18  Biometric Appt: 12/26/18

Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview: 1/16/19

EAD/AP approval: 3/18/19

AOS Interview Appt: 6/4/19

AOS Interview: 7/10/19

AOS Approved: 7/23/19

GREEN CARD IN HAND: 7/26/19

"It's true, we don't have it as easy as ordinary couples. But this is no ordinary love"

Filed: Other Timeline
On 11/23/2019 at 12:05 AM, ds2 said:

My EAD status changed to "Card was mailed to me" today and now I have a USPS package that is arriving on Nov 26th Tuesday, how to be sure it's the EAD? It's arriving from SHERMAN OAKS, CA 91403, does it usually arrive from here? Any insights?

My husband's EAD came from Lees Summit, MO last week and his green card from Corbin, KY yesterday.

K1 Fiance Visa: 207 days & AOS w/EAD and AP: 180 days

Spoiler

K1 Fiance Visa: 207 days                                                                                                                               AOS from K1 w/EAD and AP: 180 days

09/12/18: NOA1 old site (9/17 new site)                                                                                                     05/22/19: AOS package mailed to Chicago, IL

01/28/19: NOA2 new site (old site never changed)                                                                                   05/24/19: USCIS Received date for AOS/EAD/AP

02/19/19: NVC Received                                                                                                                                05/29/19: Notice date for AOS/EAD/AP

02/20/19: Case Number Assigned                                                                                                               06/19/19: Biometrics Appointment

04/05/19: Interview - APPROVED!                                                                                                                06/14/19: Biometrics Completed - walk in

04/08/19: CEAC-NIV Application Received                                                                                                 08/06/19: Ready to be Scheduled for Interview Status

04/09/19: CEAC-NIV Administrative Processing                                                                                       10/11/19: Interview Scheduled status

04/10/19: CEAC- Issued                                                                                                                                 11/05/19: EAD/AP approved

04/12/19: Visa in hand                                                                                                                                   11/16/19: EAD/AP card Received

04/30-5/1/19: POE via IAH - Houston, TX                                                                                                   11/18/19: AOS Interview - APPROVED! same day status change to Approved, then New Card being Produced

05/10/19: I Do's!                                                                                                                                               11/25/19: Green Card in Hand

ROC:                                                                                                                                                                  

08/20/21: Filed ROC

08/23/21: USCIS received package

08/25/21: Text received/Case # assigned

08/26/22: Case transferred to NBC for "speedy processing"

Citizenship:

08/22/22: Filed N-400 online

08/22/22: NOA1/Biometrics Reused                                                                                                           

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Afternoon everyone, so I have currently been offered a job with a company and they would like me to start on the 23rd December I am still waiting for my work authorisation and adjustment of status interview? Should I go straight away and contact USCIS and try and expedite my work authorisation do you think it will come in before 23rd December if I do? Thanks. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

So I checked my status yesterday and I saw that EAD/AP was approved Nov 26 and still waiting for AOS interview date since Oct 17😑😑😑. The old website updated that both approved but the new website only showed that EAD only approved. Please how soon are we going to get the combo card?
We are already thinking of expediting EAD before but I guess we don't need it to anymore. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
On 11/26/2019 at 1:31 PM, IHaveNoName said:

Hey everyone,

Our interview is in 3 weeks. I lost the copies of the supporting documentation that I submitted with the application and I am supposed to bring copies to the interview. 

I can re print all of the supporting docs, but I'm not 100% sure if we used our May or June bank & credit card statements for the original application. 

Does anyone have advice or experience with this? Am I fine just printing out the most recent statements for everything or do I need to go back and match the actual statement periods?

You should have photo copied everything from the original application, incase any part of it gets lost during the process you then have an exact copy of everything you filed, else its a you said, they said.

I would print out copies of both May and June, and take them with you, chances are they may not ask for them, but if they do, you at least have both areas covered, 

People really need to start paying attention to what they are doing, as not reading instructions and or "losing" important info, as if you catch an immigration officer on the wrong day, could easily say, well you not interested in this process, so we'll just put this on for review, and could delay you weeks/ months.

So yes, make a COPY of everything you file, and secure it, as it makes no difference to immigration if you have to wait another couple of months.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline
22 hours ago, Grant & Bri said:

Afternoon everyone, so I have currently been offered a job with a company and they would like me to start on the 23rd December I am still waiting for my work authorisation and adjustment of status interview? Should I go straight away and contact USCIS and try and expedite my work authorisation do you think it will come in before 23rd December if I do? Thanks. 

Contact them on Monday with a job offer is more than enough to get your case expedite it takes 5 days for them to check your expedite request  and a week for the card to arrive( if approved) 

Edited by Eric&Mirella

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline
2 hours ago, Eric&Mirella said:

Contact them on Monday with a job offer is more than enough to get your case expedite it takes 5 days for them to check your expedite request  and a week for the card to arrive( if approved) 

Do you mind if I ask.. How do you know it takes 5 days for uscis to check the expedite request? My congressman says they submitted an expedite but I haven’t had any status updates on anything. Thanks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline
18 minutes ago, Biffa said:

Do you mind if I ask.. How do you know it takes 5 days for uscis to check the expedite request? My congressman says they submitted an expedite but I haven’t had any status updates on anything. Thanks

That's the max amount of time they have to check your case after the expedite. I was told this by a rep through Emma. Mine wasn't approved but took 4 days to be checked.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.