Celie

July 2019 - AOS Filers

2,067 posts in this topic

On 10/20/2019 at 2:02 AM, WaterLeaf said:

Couldn't edit my previous post to add good news, so I'll hopefully be ok posting it here. After I sent back the RFIE, I saw this!

This is where we are as well.

4 hours ago, CharleneB said:

If the applicant live in Texas you don't have to wait for EAD to obtain either ID or DL at  DPS/DMV office  provided the applicant  has SSN and proof of address.

there is another thread where i have explained how I tried 3 times, and now in administrative customer "service" hell with DPS.

RoC sent 10/30/21

NOA 11/16/21

Check Cashed 11/18/21

Biometrics Waived 01/19/2022

Beware the fury of a patient man.- John Dryden

Political attempts to require that others share your personal truths are, in their limit, dictatorships.- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Filed: Other Timeline
2 hours ago, Prizm123 said:

there is another thread where i have explained how I tried 3 times, and now in administrative customer "service" hell with DPS.

Same here. Had like 3 people trying to nail at me that it is possible, but for us it was not and I can't really afford to keep going back for just an ID so we let it be until he gets his EAD or green card. San Antonio DPS center you wait 4 hours to be at the counter for 2 min where they look for reasons to send you away. Lol

K1 Fiance Visa: 207 days & AOS w/EAD and AP: 180 days

Spoiler

K1 Fiance Visa: 207 days                                                                                                                               AOS from K1 w/EAD and AP: 180 days

09/12/18: NOA1 old site (9/17 new site)                                                                                                     05/22/19: AOS package mailed to Chicago, IL

01/28/19: NOA2 new site (old site never changed)                                                                                   05/24/19: USCIS Received date for AOS/EAD/AP

02/19/19: NVC Received                                                                                                                                05/29/19: Notice date for AOS/EAD/AP

02/20/19: Case Number Assigned                                                                                                               06/19/19: Biometrics Appointment

04/05/19: Interview - APPROVED!                                                                                                                06/14/19: Biometrics Completed - walk in

04/08/19: CEAC-NIV Application Received                                                                                                 08/06/19: Ready to be Scheduled for Interview Status

04/09/19: CEAC-NIV Administrative Processing                                                                                       10/11/19: Interview Scheduled status

04/10/19: CEAC- Issued                                                                                                                                 11/05/19: EAD/AP approved

04/12/19: Visa in hand                                                                                                                                   11/16/19: EAD/AP card Received

04/30-5/1/19: POE via IAH - Houston, TX                                                                                                   11/18/19: AOS Interview - APPROVED! same day status change to Approved, then New Card being Produced

05/10/19: I Do's!                                                                                                                                               11/25/19: Green Card in Hand

ROC:                                                                                                                                                                  

08/20/21: Filed ROC

08/23/21: USCIS received package

08/25/21: Text received/Case # assigned

08/26/22: Case transferred to NBC for "speedy processing"

Citizenship:

08/22/22: Filed N-400 online

08/22/22: NOA1/Biometrics Reused                                                                                                           

1 hour ago, celie&joseph said:

Same here. Had like 3 people trying to nail at me that it is possible, but for us it was not and I can't really afford to keep going back for just an ID so we let it be until he gets his EAD or green card. San Antonio DPS center you wait 4 hours to be at the counter for 2 min where they look for reasons to send you away. Lol

you went to the Leon Valley Mega Center?

it was a nightmare, although I liked that you can check into the line online

RoC sent 10/30/21

NOA 11/16/21

Check Cashed 11/18/21

Biometrics Waived 01/19/2022

Beware the fury of a patient man.- John Dryden

Political attempts to require that others share your personal truths are, in their limit, dictatorships.- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Los Angeles (likely field office is SFV)

Really thought I wasn’t going to get any RFIE as we had lawyers go over our application especially it was past 118 days from submission. RFIE says we filed an I-864Ez and we need to send the I-864 but I’m 100% sure we submitted the right one. Should I check with USCIS if this was a mistake or just send them a new affidavit of support?

My timeline:

6/25 Receipt Date

7/1 NOA1

7/24 Bio appt

9/13 Reached out to congressman (as per USCIS my I-485 needs to be eligible for EAD/AP)

9/24 EAD Expedite Request (self initiated)

9/26 Faxed documents (self initiated)

9/30 EAD Expedite Denied 

10/3 EAD Expedite Request 2 (self initiated)

10/18 Faxed documents (self initiated)

10/18 Congressional Inquiry (they sent in same documents I faxed. As per USCIS— expedite AOS review in order to check eligibility for EAD)

10/21 I-485 RFIE 

10/22 Evidence for EAD Expedite Received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Hi guys! Our status just changed to interview was cancelled but we didn't even have the date of our interview. Is anyone know about it?

Noa - July 18th

Biometrics - August 13th

Ready to be scheduled - October 17th

20191027_132301.png

Filed: Other Timeline
On 10/24/2019 at 8:33 PM, Prizm123 said:

you went to the Leon Valley Mega Center?

it was a nightmare, although I liked that you can check into the line online

Yess! I hate that place lol

2 hours ago, AlexandraEnr said:

Hi guys! Our status just changed to interview was cancelled but we didn't even have the date of our interview. Is anyone know about it?

Noa - July 18th

Biometrics - August 13th

The same thing happened to us and USCIS said it was a glitch

K1 Fiance Visa: 207 days & AOS w/EAD and AP: 180 days

Spoiler

K1 Fiance Visa: 207 days                                                                                                                               AOS from K1 w/EAD and AP: 180 days

09/12/18: NOA1 old site (9/17 new site)                                                                                                     05/22/19: AOS package mailed to Chicago, IL

01/28/19: NOA2 new site (old site never changed)                                                                                   05/24/19: USCIS Received date for AOS/EAD/AP

02/19/19: NVC Received                                                                                                                                05/29/19: Notice date for AOS/EAD/AP

02/20/19: Case Number Assigned                                                                                                               06/19/19: Biometrics Appointment

04/05/19: Interview - APPROVED!                                                                                                                06/14/19: Biometrics Completed - walk in

04/08/19: CEAC-NIV Application Received                                                                                                 08/06/19: Ready to be Scheduled for Interview Status

04/09/19: CEAC-NIV Administrative Processing                                                                                       10/11/19: Interview Scheduled status

04/10/19: CEAC- Issued                                                                                                                                 11/05/19: EAD/AP approved

04/12/19: Visa in hand                                                                                                                                   11/16/19: EAD/AP card Received

04/30-5/1/19: POE via IAH - Houston, TX                                                                                                   11/18/19: AOS Interview - APPROVED! same day status change to Approved, then New Card being Produced

05/10/19: I Do's!                                                                                                                                               11/25/19: Green Card in Hand

ROC:                                                                                                                                                                  

08/20/21: Filed ROC

08/23/21: USCIS received package

08/25/21: Text received/Case # assigned

08/26/22: Case transferred to NBC for "speedy processing"

Citizenship:

08/22/22: Filed N-400 online

08/22/22: NOA1/Biometrics Reused                                                                                                           

Timeline
59 minutes ago, celie&joseph said:

Yess! I hate that place lol

The same thing happened to us and USCIS said it was a glitch

Yeah i hope it is a glitch too. I will call tomorrow 

Edited by AlexandraEnr

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Sill waiting on EAD / AOS. Had biometrics on 08/19/19. I have seen some people on here using the same field office (Raleigh, NC) with biometrics dates after that getting interview dates already. Would there be any benefit in calling USCIS?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
On 10/27/2019 at 5:31 PM, AlexandraEnr said:

Noa - July 18th

Biometrics - August 13th

20191027_132301.png

You can always call USCIS at 1 800-375-5283 then 1 for English and then 2 and then umm I forge which ones but it was like 2 2 2 or 2 1 2 or something. Took me several minutes to figure it out everytime i called back lol but you can ask them about it and request to speak with Tier 2. You must have the Applicant with you while on the phone. Either talking with you on speaker or on 3-way calling and they will need to give permission to speak. Tier 2 can definitely get you answers.

23 minutes ago, WillieT1986 said:

We had our Interview today...

So for Columbus, OH.

Our Interview was today at 1400. We parked along E Broad St at a parking meter. Walked to the USCIS building and went through their security check point. They didn't care that we had our phones and when I asked about what the policy for cell phones were they said we could have them in the waiting area  and not in the back.We didn't get called up till about 1410. A woman, asked that Xuyen follow her and they took all our Documents.  Yes, Columbus, OH separates you. They seem to do the Applicant first and then the Spouse second.

The Documents we took were based off the Letter we received and we also took everything from our K1 Visa Interview as well. According to my Wife, they went over the tons of questions on the application and then just a few basic questions and then she told then that I barely remember anything and I only know her birthday and then the USCIS Agent has stated she was done at this time and wanted to talk with me next but my Wife said she wouldn't have that and told her NO NO NO cause she didn't get to show her the pictures of our Cat named Tara yet... After the way my Wife described it I think she may have bullied all of our pictures onto the Lady and even tried to make her keep one of our cat. 😂🤣🤦‍♂️

When they were finished the Lady and my Wife finally came back and they were back there for probably 20 minutes. We left my Wife in the waiting room and while we were walking back to her office she was explaining to me how my Wife had done good and that she will be getting her 2yr Residency Card first and then when she reapplies she will get the next card after that. When we got to her Office, she said my Wife complained about the documents being too heavy for her to carry so she left it for me and then she laughed and I was like uhh sounds like her. haha. She asked me 

1. How we met each other,
  2. When I first visited,
  3. If we had any fur babies.. (This triggered that their conversation must have went smooth lol)

Afterwards, with her being Retired Military and myself being a Veteran we mainly just talked and shared stories of our time enlisted.

Overall, my Wife passed.

So yeah, Columbus, OH will split you up for the interview so just be prepared for a split up just in case.

Congratulations 🎉.. how long it took for u to get the interview date ? We r in Columbus Ohio too. Do u know what questions they asked your wife ?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
48 minutes ago, ujones said:

Congratulations 🎉.. how long it took for u to get the interview date ? We r in Columbus Ohio too. Do u know what questions they asked your wife ?

It is actually listed in my timeline. I have kept note of everything this far.

As for the questions for my Wife,

• on the Application there are like 4 to 5 pages of questions. She said they went over those.
  • How, where and when she met her Husband?

From what I have gathered from others as well is that they're basically similar to the K1 Fiancee visa questions.

Timeline
4 hours ago, WillieT1986 said:

You can always call USCIS at 1 800-375-5283 then 1 for English and then 2 and then umm I forge which ones but it was like 2 2 2 or 2 1 2 or something. Took me several minutes to figure it out everytime i called back lol but you can ask them about it and request to speak with Tier 2. You must have the Applicant with you while on the phone. Either talking with you on speaker or on 3-way calling and they will need to give permission to speak. Tier 2 can definitely get you answers.

Thank you!

I did call them yesterday and been told that it's misunderstanding between Uscis and service center. They said to don't pay attention to this status

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.