Celie

July 2019 - AOS Filers

2,067 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
17 minutes ago, Tara & Rohit said:

It took about a month to figure out what our problem was.... it was the nitwit at our SS office who forgot to send our verification for the card. Now it's going to take another three to four weeks to get it! 

Pretty sure I got your reps relative.   I should have known it was going to be a problem based on the confused looks we got, and the 30 minutes standing at the window while they processed the application, and the reps request for her supervisor to review it.   It's only an issue for the insurance.........we're covered but they said they need the SSN by Sept 7.   I'm thinking more like Jan 7 if our nitwit has their way.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
4 minutes ago, DanielPlainview said:

Pretty sure I got your reps relative.   I should have known it was going to be a problem based on the confused looks we got, and the 30 minutes standing at the window while they processed the application, and the reps request for her supervisor to review it.   It's only an issue for the insurance.........we're covered but they said they need the SSN by Sept 7.   I'm thinking more like Jan 7 if our nitwit has their way.

We applied two days before our wedding. Our big issue was the guy couldn't get the status to verify while we were there. But once it verifies he would send it and it could take about three to four weeks to get the card because of it. Which is fine! No big deal... but apparently it is because he forgot and now we're right back where we started. I'm not holding my breath that's for sure lol

06/30/19 - Wedding Day!!

07/17/19 - AOS Packet Mailed

07/19/19 - AOS Received

07/24/19 - NOA1 Date

08/16/19 - Biometric Appt.

09/25/19 - Interview Ready to be Scheduled

10/16/19 - Interview was Scheduled

12/05/19 - Interview Day

❤️ From Worlds Apart... to a Lifetime Together!! ❤️

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
34 minutes ago, Tara & Rohit said:

It took about a month to figure out what our problem was.... it was the nitwit at our SS office who forgot to send our verification for the card. Now it's going to take another three to four weeks to get it! 

Well, I'm still looking into the nonsense, and came across this document.   Well, we did say YES on form I-765, and wonder if that is causing some kind of conflict.   Of course, I don't know if it's applicable for a K-1 visa holder since it's saying you cannot apply until you have the work permit and I know that's not valid for K1 people.

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/USCIS/Working in the US/EBE_Flyer_Apply_for_your_Social_Security_Number_While_Applying_for_Your.pdf

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline
1 hour ago, Javier Mera said:

Good luck on your case. I've called them twice and both times they created service requests for me, 1 for the AOS and 1 for the EAD. I'm supposed to call them next week if I still don't hear anything about my case. Tomorrow will be 3 weeks without NOA1 notifications.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline
38 minutes ago, DanielPlainview said:

Well, I'm still looking into the nonsense, and came across this document.   Well, we did say YES on form I-765, and wonder if that is causing some kind of conflict.   Of course, I don't know if it's applicable for a K-1 visa holder since it's saying you cannot apply until you have the work permit and I know that's not valid for K1 people.

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/USCIS/Working in the US/EBE_Flyer_Apply_for_your_Social_Security_Number_While_Applying_for_Your.pdf

We had applied to SSN when we were filling out I-765 and we answered Yes to the question to file a SSN along with the EAD, but in the extra section of the form we wrote down that we had filed for one already. I don't think it mattered because our case hasn't even started processing yet but just a thought to share that. My wife got her SSN approved and mailed after 3 weeks of applying for it. We are now still waiting for any notification on the NOA1. Last time I called she's not in the system yet.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Javier Mera said:

We had applied to SSN when we were filling out I-765 and we answered Yes to the question to file a SSN along with the EAD, but in the extra section of the form we wrote down that we had filed for one already. I don't think it mattered because our case hasn't even started processing yet but just a thought to share that. My wife got her SSN approved and mailed after 3 weeks of applying for it. We are now still waiting for any notification on the NOA1. Last time I called she's not in the system yet.

So we did kind of the same thing. My attorney filed our paperwork and I know he checked YES to file for SSN with EAD. Not sure if he put that we already filed separately... don't know how big of a deal that will be later down the road.

I seriously doubt we'd get two numbers. One will come before the other either way

Edited by Tara & Rohit

06/30/19 - Wedding Day!!

07/17/19 - AOS Packet Mailed

07/19/19 - AOS Received

07/24/19 - NOA1 Date

08/16/19 - Biometric Appt.

09/25/19 - Interview Ready to be Scheduled

10/16/19 - Interview was Scheduled

12/05/19 - Interview Day

❤️ From Worlds Apart... to a Lifetime Together!! ❤️

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Update: Fingerprints done. I just showed my passport with my maiden name. They didn't ask for copy of marriage certificate. Took less than 20 minutes. I was worried because my pinky finger was not read properly by the machine because its so dry.. but it turned out okay. :) 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
1 minute ago, J&K 💕 said:

Update: Fingerprints done. I just showed my passport with my maiden name. They didn't ask for copy of marriage certificate. Took less than 20 minutes. I was worried because my pinky finger was not read properly by the machine because its so dry.. but it turned out okay. :) 

I was wondering how it went for you today! Sounds like it was smooth sailing. I’m going in tomorrow morning for mine. :)

2 hours ago, Jo&Ryan said:

2 weeks and still no notification :(

congrats to everyone doing biometrics already!!!! 

Mine took 3 weeks!! 

08/2017 - Married USC

09/2017 - Application for I-485, I-765, I-131

12/2017 - Approval  I-765, I-131

09/2018 Renewal application for I-765, I-131

04/2019 - I-485 interview scheduled 

04/2019 - I-485 denied, husband withdrew

05/2019 - Application for  I-360, I-485, I-765, I-131 

12/2019 EAD, AP approval

07/2020 EAD, AP renewal sent to Vermont

10/2020 EAD, AP Approval

11/2020 VAWA I-360 Approved (C31 produced)

01/2021 I-360 status changed to case approved

03/2021 - I-693 deficient notice from national benefit center

12 hours ago, Javier Mera said:

We finally got our txt messages today. It took exactly 3 weeks. I will stop spamming and whining and enjoy the new wait 😁

So happy that you finally heard something! your biometrics should not take as long

Luflolady

Jan 26th: Mailed I-129F

Jan 29th NOA1

Feb 2nd: Check Cashed

Feb 9th: rcvd hard copy of NOA1

Aug. 28th Notified of RFE being mailed

Sept. 1st received hard copy of RFE in the mail

Sept. 4th mailed response to RFE

Sept. 10th received txt that my response to RFE was received

Oct. 10th Received txt that we were approved (NOA2) 30days after RFE response

Oct. 13th received hard copy of NOA2

Oct. 31st case arrived at NVC

Nov 2nd received case number

Nov. 19th Case is "ready" to schedule an interview

Feb. 14th Interview (2019) APPROVED!!!!!!

AOS

July 24th: mailed AOS pkt

July 31st: received txt msg of receipt numbers for all documents

Aug 5th received NOA hard copies dated July 31st

Aug. 9th received Biometrics letter in the mail

Aug. 19th Biometrics appt.

Sept. 20th notified of RFE via website 

Sept. 25th Received hard copy of RFE (copy of BC)

Sept. 27th Sent response to RFE

Sept. 30th Response was delivered

Oct. 2nd... Response to evidence received updated on website

Feb 12, 2020 case is ready to schedule for interview

Feb 12, 2020 New card is being produced (EAD)
Feb 13, 2020 Notification that EAD  and AP was approved

Feb 18,2020 received hard copies of AP and EAD approval

Feb 18,2020 notification AOS interview scheduled and EAD mailed

Feb 20, 2020 received EAD card

Feb 24, 2020 received interview letter (March24th)

Aug 4, 2020 received notification of new interview date(rescheduled because of pandemic)

Sept. 14th new AOS interview
Oct. 30th AOS approval

Nov. 9th New card is being produced

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.