Celie

July 2019 - AOS Filers

2,067 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Honduras
Timeline
24 minutes ago, Gigi2017 said:

I'm sorry if the truth is hurting your feelings but I just want all of you be well prepared. If I were you I would start to read back the groups until last November to see what to expect...

No hurt feelings here. We’re well aware that it can take very long and we’re prepared for that, Christmas at Disney World is plan B. 

Adjustment of Status

PD- 7/19/19

Biometrics- 8/12/19 (25 days)

RFIE- 9/13/19 (59 days)

RFIE Accepted - 11/13/19 (118 days)

Interview RTS- 2/27/20 (224 days)

Interview Scheduled - 3/2/20 (228 days)

Interview Date - 4/20/20 (277 days) - Cancelled due to COVID

New Interview Date - 9/24 (434 days)

AOS Approved- Yes

GC Received- 

EAD/AP

PD- 7/19/19

Approved- 3/5/20 (231 days)

Card Received- 3/13/20 (239)

SSN Received- 4/10/20 (267)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline
37 minutes ago, C&C88 said:

No hurt feelings here. We’re well aware that it can take very long and we’re prepared for that, Christmas at Disney World is plan B. 

Star wars park!!! 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, Gigi2017 said:

I'm sorry if the truth is hurting your feelings but I just want all of you be well prepared. If I were you I would start to read back the groups until last November to see what to expect...

The USCIS processing times for EAD/AP dropped significantly last week.  I think it's ok for people to be a bit more optimistic than they were at the start of July.

Just now, Lana&Ivy said:

The USCIS processing times for EAD/AP dropped significantly last week.  I think it's ok for people to be a bit more optimistic than they were at the start of July.

FYI I spoke with a Tier2 this morning because My EAD is out of processing time and I’ve made an inquiry. She said the waiting time is still 8,5 months for the EAD it doesn’t matter what the website says. It’s a number of game who gets it earlier. And with months and lots of phone calls  of behind us I believe her.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Uruguay
Timeline
1 hour ago, Gigi2017 said:

FYI I spoke with a Tier2 this morning because My EAD is out of processing time and I’ve made an inquiry. She said the waiting time is still 8,5 months for the EAD it doesn’t matter what the website says. It’s a number of game who gets it earlier. And with months and lots of phone calls  of behind us I believe her.

I guess because those of us who was on the K1 August 2018 wave thread is all coming along slamming the offices, including other wave of submission.
There has been a bunch! So hang in there, stay calm and don't raise expectation too high yet. Things gonna get much better to all.

K-1 Visa process (I'm the USC [F]) [2018-2019]

Spoiler

Sent packet: August 10, 2018 (Lines Compressed to fit signature restriction guideline)

USCIS Received package: August 14 - Notification in text/email: August 17 - Mail received from USCIS: January 22, 2019
USCIS Approved I-129F Petition: January 17 - NVC Received Case: February 14 - NVC Case # Assigned: February 14

US Embassy Received: Not sure but got email reply - March 11 - Instructions Received via e-mail: March 19

Interview: May 7 - Approved! - Arriving to US/POE: June 12 - Married July 15, 2019

AOS Process [2019-2020]

Spoiler

Sent packet: July 27, 2019 - USCIS Received Package: July 29 - [Hiccup] Package was sent back due to incorrect fee and sent on August 5.
Notification in text/email: August 12 @ 12:30AM - Check cashed: August 12 - NOA 1 Mail: August 16 - Biometric: September 5 @ Atlanta, GA

AOS RFIE: Sept. 28 - got in mail by Oct 3. [They lost my Husband's Birth Certificate] - Sent back AOS RFIE: Oct 16 2019, at office by Oct 17.
AOS Case update notice on April 9th, 2020, waiting for mail. - Interview date: Scheduled as of July 15, date is August 19. Passed the interview!

My Husband got his GC! 2 Year Conditional Green Card expires 08/19/2022, Residence since 08/19/2020

ROC Process [2022-2024]

Spoiler

Sent packet: June 16, 2022 via USPS, USCIS Received Package: June 21
Notice in text (didn't get email nor text on other phone): June 24
Notice date: June 23, package is at SRC (Texas Service Center), Paid with Credit Card, payment taken on June 25
NOA 1 Mail: June 30, Biometric: Reused
Got letter in mail for extension: April 12th, Received date June 21, 2022, Notice date: April 5, 2023 = 48 Months Extension. No physical card yet.
Approved without interview as of Feb 15th, 2024. Was not a combo interview with N-400.

Naturalization N-400 [2023-2024]

Spoiler

Filed Online: July 28, 2023NOA: July 29, 2023
Service Center: NBC, application # starts with IOE#.
Biometrics waived. Got NOA mail Jan 5, 2024 says Interview in Nashville, TN on Feb 6, 2024.
Queue for review and approval. Already in line for Oath Ceremony as of Feb 13th, 2024.
NOA as of 4/29/24 - Oath Ceremony scheduled for May 30th in Chattanooga, TN. Rescheduled as of May 2nd, 2024 by USCIS - new date is May 29th.

Hello all, another July filer here.

Here are my dates so far: Filed on July 24th, was received July 26th, received NOA SMS 2nd August, 3 NOA letters on 5th August, Biometrics appointment letter received 12th August and scheduled for 20th August at 3pm.

I hope this journey goes well for everyone. Best of luck to you all!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
14 minutes ago, mangomochi said:

Hello all, another July filer here.

Here are my dates so far: Filed on July 24th, was received July 26th, received NOA SMS 2nd August, 3 NOA letters on 5th August, Biometrics appointment letter received 12th August and scheduled for 20th August at 3pm.

I hope this journey goes well for everyone. Best of luck to you all!

Welcome to the Jungle✌🏻

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

The good news:   We rec'd Biometrics notice from Jacksonville instead of Orlando ,which means we went from one of the slowest offices to one of the fastest.   Biometrics was completed and it was an absolute breeze.

The bad news:   SS called today.   "We cannot process your card because you got married before you came to the office.  So now you have to wait until you get the green card."    She did not change her name, so not sure what the problem could be, but glad for the change to Jacksonville.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, DanielPlainview said:

The good news:   We rec'd Biometrics notice from Jacksonville instead of Orlando ,which means we went from one of the slowest offices to one of the fastest.   Biometrics was completed and it was an absolute breeze.

The bad news:   SS called today.   "We cannot process your card because you got married before you came to the office.  So now you have to wait until you get the green card."    She did not change her name, so not sure what the problem could be, but glad for the change to Jacksonville.

Glad to here the biometrics appointment went so smoothly!! Sorry about the SSC... We're currently facing our own issues with it too lol 

06/30/19 - Wedding Day!!

07/17/19 - AOS Packet Mailed

07/19/19 - AOS Received

07/24/19 - NOA1 Date

08/16/19 - Biometric Appt.

09/25/19 - Interview Ready to be Scheduled

10/16/19 - Interview was Scheduled

12/05/19 - Interview Day

❤️ From Worlds Apart... to a Lifetime Together!! ❤️

Timeline

I need your opinion guys because we are not sure what to do with the following scenario. We are still waiting for the NOA1 for both AOS and EAD, but we completed the medical examination this week. My wife has the sealed envelope ready to be mailed. Should we mail it so USCIS can add it to our case even if she's not in the system yet? The problem with waiting too much is that the MMR shot expires in 30 days so we don't want to wait that long to file this. In the beginning our idea was to not delay AOS and EAD because of the medical examination, but we didn't think we would be waiting 3 weeks (and probably longer) for the NOA1

We appreciate any advice!

Edited by Javier Mera

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Nothing for NOA1 yet, my debit card still hasn’t been charged the $1225 will be 2 weeks on Thursday. Can someone provide me with the number that I can call to find out information if I don’t hear anything by friday? Thanks.

Timeline
2 hours ago, Grant & Bri said:

Nothing for NOA1 yet, my debit card still hasn’t been charged the $1225 will be 2 weeks on Thursday. Can someone provide me with the number that I can call to find out information if I don’t hear anything by friday? Thanks.

https://www.google.com/search?q=uscis+talk+to+an+agent&rlz=1C1CHBD_enUS793US793&oq=uscis+talk&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j69i59j0l4.5519j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
4 hours ago, Tara & Rohit said:

Glad to here the biometrics appointment went so smoothly!! Sorry about the SSC... We're currently facing our own issues with it too lol 

You're probably aware of the SS Handbook............I'm searching it now to see if I can find an answer for our problem.

https://www.ssa.gov/OP_Home/handbook/handbook.02/handbook-toc02.html

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
4 minutes ago, DanielPlainview said:

You're probably aware of the SS Handbook............I'm searching it now to see if I can find an answer for our problem.

https://www.ssa.gov/OP_Home/handbook/handbook.02/handbook-toc02.html

It took about a month to figure out what our problem was.... it was the nitwit at our SS office who forgot to send our verification for the card. Now it's going to take another three to four weeks to get it! 

Edited by Tara & Rohit

06/30/19 - Wedding Day!!

07/17/19 - AOS Packet Mailed

07/19/19 - AOS Received

07/24/19 - NOA1 Date

08/16/19 - Biometric Appt.

09/25/19 - Interview Ready to be Scheduled

10/16/19 - Interview was Scheduled

12/05/19 - Interview Day

❤️ From Worlds Apart... to a Lifetime Together!! ❤️

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.