Cristel

WHAT IS THE MEANING IF YOUR CASE IS IN ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING AND SHOWING "YOUR CASE IS READY FOR INTERVIEW" BUT YOU HAD PASSED THE INTERVIEW ALREADY?

65 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Ahmed&Freda said:

No reason for the change in terminology other than they just got around to changing it.   Your case has been in AP since your interview.   Until they complete their review there isn't much you can do.  AP has no timeline.   You can have the petitioner contact the local Senator or Congressman to see if they can get a more detailed response from the embassy but it won't speed up the process. 

As others have mentioned you have to be careful how you answer questions.   Even if you call someone your sister when asked in a setting like you were in he day of the interview you must answer what she really is (your cousin) not what you feel she is.   It may not have seemed like a big deal to you but in the eyes of he officers deciding your case it most likely raised even more red flags.   

Thanks for your clarification, I appreciate .

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

They are asking for her marriage certificate to see if you are married to your cousin as many in Africa do

immigration has seen many married persons in their country come to the US (married to USC) then divorce the USC and bring the foreign wife here

this is not to judge what you are saying

i am just telling you why the long AP to see if your sister/cousin is only that

so,  make sure she has a valid marriage certificate to another man 

14 hours ago, Cristel said:

She is my cousin but I am not used to called her cousin I called her sister and at the interview when they asked me a question I said my sister.

This is why you have been put into AP. You know that a sister is a sibling from the same parents or one of your parents. You know that a cousin is the product of the sibling of one of your parents.

It's like having a close uncle who raised you since birth and you call him "papa". In reality he isn't your biological father but simply a father figure in your life.

You cannot lie to consulate officials at your interview for your immigrant visa just because YOU refer to someone as a close relative when they are, in reality, not your close relative. It doesn't matter what YOU think, it matters that they would deem it a lie. They even called you about it so what does that tell you?

Edited by Amadia
Typo
IR-1/CR-1
Spoiler

GOT MARRIED: 3-APR-2015 :wub:

HUSBAND FILED I-130: 29-MAY-2015

VISAS APPROVED: 15-JUN-2016

VISAS IN HAND; GREEN CARD FEES PAID: 21-JUN-2016

PORT OF ENTRY - FT. LAUDERDALE INTL AIRPORT: 06-AUG-2016
CONDITIONAL GREEN CARDS RECEIVED: 23-SEP-2016

I-751 FILER   
Spoiler
FILED REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS: 25-JUN-2018
FILE SENT TO NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER 11-MAY-2019
10-YR GREEN CARDS APPROVED 17-JUN-2019 
10-YR GREEN CARDS RECEIVED 21-JUN-2019 :dance: 

N-400 FILER
Spoiler
FILED CITIZENSHIP ONLINE; RECEIVED NOA1: 8-DEC-2019
BIOMETRICS WALK-IN: 18-DEC-2019
INTERVIEW SCHEDULED: 26-OCT-2020
APPROVED/SAME DAY OATH CEREMONY: 26-OCT-2020

US PASSPORT
APPLICATION APPOINTMENT AT USPS (ROUTINE): 16-SEP-2021
PASSPORT APPROVED: 30-SEP-2021
PASSPORT RECEIVED: 5-OCT-2021

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

you previous thread you created you stated the consulate sent you a response after 1yr in AP:

Visa applications are adjudicated in accordance with the provisions of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) and applicable federal regulations.  Your case has been denied under section 221(g) of the INA.  An application may be denied under section 221(g) of the INA when required or supporting documents are incomplete or while the consular officer verifies information submitted in support of an application.  Please be advised the completion time for this process may take 90 days and in some cases six months or longer. The Consulate is unable to issue a visa if the applicant’s visa application is still pending administrative processing. The consulate is also unable to waive or influence the amount of time that this processing may take. Please be assured that you will be contacted as soon as this process is complete..

Your case was denied. does the embassy still have your passports till this day?

Edited by kingdomcome84

NoA1 - September 26, 2018

NoA2 - February 4, 2019  

9 minutes ago, kingdomcome84 said:

you previous thread you created you stated the consulate sent you a response after 1yr in AP:

Visa applications are adjudicated in accordance with the provisions of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) and applicable federal regulations.  Your case has been denied under section 221(g) of the INA.  An application may be denied under section 221(g) of the INA when required or supporting documents are incomplete or while the consular officer verifies information submitted in support of an application.  Please be advised the completion time for this process may take 90 days and in some cases six months or longer. The Consulate is unable to issue a visa if the applicant’s visa application is still pending administrative processing. The consulate is also unable to waive or influence the amount of time that this processing may take. Please be assured that you will be contacted as soon as this process is complete..

Yes the embassy still have my passport until today.

43 minutes ago, Amadia said:

This is why you have been put into AP. You know that a sister is a sibling from the same parents or one of your parents. You know that a cousin is the product of the sibling of one of your parents.

It's like having a close uncle who raised you since birth and you call him "papa". In reality he isn't your biological father but simply a father figure in your life.

You cannot lie to consulate officials at your interview for your immigrant visa just because YOU refer to someone as a close relative when they are, in reality, not your close relative. It doesn't matter what YOU think, it matters that they would deem it a lie. They even called you about it so what does that tell you?

Like I said i didn't lied it was just a misinterpretation. Anyway thanks for your input. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
58 minutes ago, kingdomcome84 said:

221g for administrative processing is a temporary denial.  His case is in Administrative Processing once they complete adjudicating his case they will either fully refuse the visa or approve they may ask for more information in the process.  Even though the verbiage says denial its pretty standard in all administrative processing documentation as the consular has 2 options to refuse or approve.    

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

I agree that when speaking with the interviewing officer he should have been clear about the relationships. BUT in many African cultures the terms mother, father, brother, and sister are used WAYYY more liberally relative to the western world. In Ghana anyway, a relative's title corresponds to the generation. For instance, all siblings of one's parents are called mom and dad. All children of one's aunts/uncles are your brothers and sisters. When my fiance refers to his great-uncle as grandfather it's always confusing to me. HOWEVER, I made it clear that for immigration purposes be accurate about the family tree. If the officer asks him to identify a picture of my aunt, DO NOT refer to her as my mother. I am NOT her offspring. lol. .....I think the OP said what he said simply out of habit. BUT, there's always more to the story. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
17 hours ago, Cristel said:

Lied for what,....?  She is my cousin but I am not used to called her cousin I called her sister and at the interview when they asked me a question I said my sister.  

This is common in other cultures... my husband calls his cousins brothers and sisters. But he would know not to call them brother or sister at something formal like an immigration interview. It probably just caused them minor doubt if you didn't give the correct facts and even the slightest doubt can cause long delays. Sounds like you just have to be patient and wait for AP to run its course. 

The Dalai Lama, when asked what surprised him most about humanity, answered "Man.... Because he sacrifices his health in order to make money. Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."

- The Dalai Lama

13 minutes ago, KozmicBlues said:

This is common in other cultures... my husband calls his cousins brothers and sisters. But he would know not to call them brother or sister at something formal like an immigration interview. It probably just caused them minor doubt if you didn't give the correct facts and even the slightest doubt can cause long delays. Sounds like you just have to be patient and wait for AP to run its course. 

Thanks for your input, I appreciate. 

1 hour ago, Ahmed&Freda said:

221g for administrative processing is a temporary denial.  His case is in Administrative Processing once they complete adjudicating his case they will either fully refuse the visa or approve they may ask for more information in the process.  Even though the verbiage says denial its pretty standard in all administrative processing documentation as the consular has 2 options to refuse or approve.    

Thanks once again. 

1 hour ago, Cristel said:

Like I said i didn't lied it was just a misinterpretation. Anyway thanks for your input. 

Misrepresentation is a potential ban.  The CO is professional and you can call it what you want but they only see it as not being the truth.  This isn't a game.  It should be taken seriously.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

40 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

Misrepresentation is a potential ban.

See 9 FAM 302.9-4(B)(1) "Criteria for Finding": https://fam.state.gov/fam/09FAM/09FAM030209.html

After the CO reviews the documents OP sent in response to the 221g, why would the CO deem the misrepresentation as material to the case?

Edited by HRQX

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.