Cristel

WHAT IS THE MEANING IF YOUR CASE IS IN ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING AND SHOWING "YOUR CASE IS READY FOR INTERVIEW" BUT YOU HAD PASSED THE INTERVIEW ALREADY?

65 posts in this topic

On April 12,2018 i had my interview at the consulate of Johannesburg   and the visa was approved, but i received an email after a week that our application was subject to administrative processing...... On July 19 2018, we was asked to appear in front of the Cape Consulate at 1:30 pm for the dual interview. We were interviewed me and my wife the same day, my wife on the phone since she is in the United States. After the interview, I asked about the result. He told me ( the Officer) that he had just been contacted to do the interview, the decision will be made by the Johannesburg consulate. So since then we been in Administrative processing for year and for a year also so on ceac.state.gov when we check the status of our case it was just showing " *Your case is ready for interview* "  But recently on June 25th, 2019 it changed to administrative processing. I just wanna know if soon we will have a decision for our case?

Edited by Cristel

There is really no way to predict the length of AP.  Sounds like they are skeptical about your marriage?  Do you have red flags?

The day of my interview, I was asked I stay with who and I said with my sister and here two kids....  After my case was put on AP I was interviewed on the phone asking about my sister if she was my sister and we don't have same surnames, I said she is my cousin my mom and her mom are sister's and they asked me to send her ID, her marriage certificate and her kids birth certificates and her water bill that show her name and her husband on. 

1 hour ago, Cristel said:

The day of my interview, I was asked I stay with who and I said with my sister and here two kids....  After my case was put on AP I was interviewed on the phone asking about my sister if she was my sister and we don't have same surnames, I said she is my cousin my mom and her mom are sister's and they asked me to send her ID, her marriage certificate and her kids birth certificates and her water bill that show her name and her husband on. 

So you lied about your relationship to your cousin?

Lied for what,....?  She is my cousin but I am not used to called her cousin I called her sister and at the interview when they asked me a question I said my sister.  And she live in the big house with her kids, I have a separate entrance at the back of the house, so what is the lies, my mom and her mom's are sister's. 

12 minutes ago, Cristel said:

Lied for what,....?  She is my cousin but I am not used to called her cousin I called her sister and at the interview when they asked me a question I said my sister.  

Sister and cousin are two different familial relationships.  Not the same.

1 minute ago, Jorgedig said:

Sister and cousin are two different familial relationships.  Not the same.

In the term of words, yes agreed.... But I grow up calling her sister so automatically when I been asked i will said sister..... But all her documents was sent, so I don't see why must I lied about that. 

Just now, Cristel said:

In the term of words, yes agreed.... But I grow up calling her sister so automatically when I been asked i will said sister..... But all her documents was sent, so I don't see why must I lied about that. 

You had a Stokes interview, which means that the embassy already perceives something dodgy about your case.  And you lied about a familial relationship (that is how they see it), so there really is no way to speculate on the outcome of your AP.  Could be a lengthy process.

6 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

You had a Stokes interview, which means that the embassy already perceives something dodgy about your case.  And you lied about a familial relationship (that is how they see it), so there really is no way to speculate on the outcome of your AP.  Could be a lengthy process.

Thanks, It's really not fair that if they see it that way because on the day of the interview it's just a quick answer they stop you even if you going to details. But when they did called me after, I explained to the Officer my relationship with my sister, that she is my cousin but i called her sister. 

6 minutes ago, Cristel said:

Thanks, It's really not fair that if they see it that way because on the day of the interview it's just a quick answer they stop you even if you going to details. But when they did called me after, I explained to the Officer my relationship with my sister, that she is my cousin but i called her sister. 

Going forward, always tell the truth in all matters of immigration.

There has to be more to this story though, as it was a Stokes interview to begin with, so clearly they were already suspicious.

1 minute ago, Jorgedig said:
2 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

Going forward, always tell the truth in all matters of immigration.

There has to be more to this story though, as it was a Stokes interview to begin with, so clearly they were already suspicious.

Why lied in the first place,  anyway thanks for your help. 

10 minutes ago, Cristel said:

Telling the immigration official that your cousin is your sister (no matter what you call her she is NOT your sister) is misrepresentation.  If they already questioned your relationship you did not help that by lying to them.  

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
6 hours ago, Cristel said:

On April 12,2018 i had my interview at the consulate of Johannesburg   and the visa was approved, but i received an email after a week that our application was subject to administrative processing...... On July 19 2018, we was asked to appear in front of the Cape Consulate at 1:30 pm for the dual interview. We were interviewed me and my wife the same day, my wife on the phone since she is in the United States. After the interview, I asked about the result. He told me ( the Officer) that he had just been contacted to do the interview, the decision will be made by the Johannesburg consulate. So since then we been in Administrative processing for year and for a year also so on ceac.state.gov when we check the status of our case it was just showing " *Your case is ready for interview* "  But recently on June 25th, 2019 it changed to administrative processing. I just wanna know if soon we will have a decision for our case?

No reason for the change in terminology other than they just got around to changing it.   Your case has been in AP since your interview.   Until they complete their review there isn't much you can do.  AP has no timeline.   You can have the petitioner contact the local Senator or Congressman to see if they can get a more detailed response from the embassy but it won't speed up the process. 

As others have mentioned you have to be careful how you answer questions.   Even if you call someone your sister when asked in a setting like you were in he day of the interview you must answer what she really is (your cousin) not what you feel she is.   It may not have seemed like a big deal to you but in the eyes of he officers deciding your case it most likely raised even more red flags.   

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.