Cristel

WHAT IS THE MEANING IF YOUR CASE IS IN ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING AND SHOWING "YOUR CASE IS READY FOR INTERVIEW" BUT YOU HAD PASSED THE INTERVIEW ALREADY?

65 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Cristel said:

Like I said i didn't lied it was just a misinterpretation. Anyway thanks for your input. 

Well, it seems as though you are adamant about your statement to the Consulate officer in that it was not a lie.

Let the consulate officials make that determination after they review the additional information they asked you to send to them.

All I can do now is wish you good luck. :thumbs: 

IR-1/CR-1
Spoiler

GOT MARRIED: 3-APR-2015 :wub:

HUSBAND FILED I-130: 29-MAY-2015

VISAS APPROVED: 15-JUN-2016

VISAS IN HAND; GREEN CARD FEES PAID: 21-JUN-2016

PORT OF ENTRY - FT. LAUDERDALE INTL AIRPORT: 06-AUG-2016
CONDITIONAL GREEN CARDS RECEIVED: 23-SEP-2016

I-751 FILER   
Spoiler
FILED REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS: 25-JUN-2018
FILE SENT TO NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER 11-MAY-2019
10-YR GREEN CARDS APPROVED 17-JUN-2019 
10-YR GREEN CARDS RECEIVED 21-JUN-2019 :dance: 

N-400 FILER
Spoiler
FILED CITIZENSHIP ONLINE; RECEIVED NOA1: 8-DEC-2019
BIOMETRICS WALK-IN: 18-DEC-2019
INTERVIEW SCHEDULED: 26-OCT-2020
APPROVED/SAME DAY OATH CEREMONY: 26-OCT-2020

US PASSPORT
APPLICATION APPOINTMENT AT USPS (ROUTINE): 16-SEP-2021
PASSPORT APPROVED: 30-SEP-2021
PASSPORT RECEIVED: 5-OCT-2021

21 minutes ago, Amadia said:

Well, it seems as though you are adamant about your statement to the Consulate officer in that it was not a lie.

Let the consulate officials make that determination after they review the additional information they asked you to send to them.

All I can do now is wish you good luck. :thumbs: 

Thank you.

2 hours ago, HRQX said:

See 9 FAM 302.9-4(B)(1) "Criteria for Finding": https://fam.state.gov/fam/09FAM/09FAM030209.html

After the CO reviews the documents OP sent in response to the 221g, why would the CO deem the misrepresentation as material to the case?

I doubt if he would.  I do believe he already say red flags and then the beneficiary lied about a family relationship.  I believe that at a minimum the CO may believe that the beneficiary isn't taking this serious or at worse that the beneficiary is purposely giving false information with the purpose of receiving an immigration benefit.  

I was quoting the OP when she said it wasn't a lie it was just a misrepresentation.  I was just explaining that a misrepresentation is a lie just like she says her cousin is her sister.  Immigration is a serious business and all answers should be answered honestly.  

Edited by John & Rose

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

15 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

I doubt if he would.  I do believe he already say red flags and then the beneficiary lied about a family relationship.  I believe that at a minimum the CO may believe that the beneficiary isn't taking this serious or at worse that the beneficiary is purposely giving false information with the purpose of receiving an immigration benefit.  

I was quoting the OP when she said it wasn't a lie it was just a misrepresentation.  I was just explaining that a misrepresentation is a lie just like she says her cousin is her sister.  Immigration is a serious business and all answers should be answered honestly.  

I really don't know what to say because she is my cousin it was just a mistake at my interview when they asked me with who I live I said my sister not knowing that it is a big deal because I am used to called her sister. Really I don't get it 

Just now, Cristel said:

I really don't know what to say because she is my cousin it was just a mistake at my interview when they asked me with who I live I said my sister not knowing that it is a big deal because I am used to called her sister. Really I don't get it 

The reason it is a big deal for US immigration is that the vast majority of cases are for family reunification.  Being able to petition for family members is based on how exactly they are related to you, in a legal sense.  Not how you colloquially see them as being related to you.  So the details of familial relationships matter, see?  

A CO might infer from that lie that you have (or will) lied about other familial relationships to gain an immigration benefit.

1 minute ago, Cristel said:

And all her papers that they did asked was send so why must I lied about that, if I said misinterpreting because there was one of the member who say it can be a misinterpretation. It's just a mistake, we called our cousin sisters and brothers there is nothing to lied about.

I don't understand until now, what my cousin have to do with my marriage?. Because if the Officer did asked me at my interview where I live and with who, I did answer the question truthfullythat I live with my sister (cousin) and her two kids. Because if there can verify it's true she live in a big house and I have a bachelor at the back. So what it's lie about

3 minutes ago, Cristel said:

I don't understand until now, what my cousin have to do with my marriage?. Because if the Officer did asked me at my interview where I live and with who, I did answer the question truthfullythat I live with my sister (cousin) and her two kids. Because if there can verify it's true she live in a big house and I have a bachelor at the back. So what it's lie about

It became a lie because I used sister instead of cousin?

14 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

The reason it is a big deal for US immigration is that the vast majority of cases are for family reunification.  Being able to petition for family members is based on how exactly they are related to you, in a legal sense.  Not how you colloquially see them as being related to you.  So the details of familial relationships matter, see?  

A CO might infer from that lie that you have (or will) lied about other familial relationships to gain an immigration benefit.

It became a lie because by mistake instead of cousin I said i live with my sister?..... 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

What about your Cousins Husband?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

@Cristel We understand that you did not intentionally mislead the officer about your relationship with your cousin. However, you did provide inaccurate information which is going to cause problems regardless of your intent. The mistake you made can be perceived as a lie. 

You have to keep in mind that misrepresenting relationships to bypass immigration laws or cut corners is something these officers look for. You just have to hope that they end up seeing it for what it was - an accidental slip up. 

K1 to AOS                                                                                   AOS/EAD/AP                                                                      N-400

03/01/2018 - I-129F Mailed                                              06/19/2019 - NOA1 Date                                              01/27/2023 - N-400 Filed Online

03/08/2018 - NOA1 Date                                                    07/11/2019 - Biometrics Appt                                   02/23/2023 - Biometrics Appt
09/14/2018 - NOA2 Date                                                    12/13/2019 - EAD/AP Approved                               04/03/2023 - Interview Scheduled

10/16/2018 - NVC Received                                              12/17/2019 - Interview Scheduled                          05/10/2023 - Interview - APPROVED!

10/21/2018 - Packet 3 Received                                      01/29/2020 - Interview - APPROVED!                  OFFICIALLY A U.S. CITIZEN! 

12/30/2018 - Packet 3 Sent                                               02/04/2020 - Green Card Received! 

01/06/2019 - Packet 4 Received                                     ROC - I-751

01/29/2019 - Interview - APPROVED!                           11/02/2021 - Mailed ROC Packet

02/05/2019 - Visa Received                                             11/04/2021 - NOA1 Date

05/17/2019 - U.S. Arrival                                                     01/19/2022 - Biometrics Waived

05/24/2019 - Married ❤️                                                    02/04/2023 - Transferred to New Office

06/14/2019 - Mailed AOS Packet                                    05/10/2023 - APPROVED!

7 minutes ago, beloved_dingo said:

@Cristel We understand that you did not intentionally mislead the officer about your relationship with your cousin. However, you did provide inaccurate information which is going to cause problems regardless of your intent. The mistake you made can be perceived as a lie. 

You have to keep in mind that misrepresenting relationships to bypass immigration laws or cut corners is something these officers look for. You just have to hope that they end up seeing it for what it was - an accidental slip up. 

Okay 

Good day All,

I received this email today from the consulate ,

"Please ensure you update documents in order for us process the case to conclusion.  However, the following must be updated for us to continue:  oath, police clearance certificate, medical report and tax transcripts.  Please note that Mr. ITSOTSO MOUKIKI must resubmit his DS-260 and appear at the Consulate for an oath on a Thursday, please let us know when he is ready." What that means?

46 minutes ago, Cristel said:

Good day All,

I received this email today from the consulate ,

"Please ensure you update documents in order for us process the case to conclusion.  However, the following must be updated for us to continue:  oath, police clearance certificate, medical report and tax transcripts.  Please note that Mr. ITSOTSO MOUKIKI must resubmit his DS-260 and appear at the Consulate for an oath on a Thursday, please let us know when he is ready." What that means?

Refile the DS-260, send in all the forms asked for and have your husband go to the Embassy for another Oath/Interview.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.