Greenbaum

JULY - AUGUST 2019 K-1 NOA2 to NVC

1,256 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

When in August does NVC sends cases to Embassies?

I-129 F SENT 11/27/2018

NOA 1 12/03/2018

RFE      04/10/2019

RFE REPLY 04/25/2019

NOA 2 05/09/2019

NVC RECEIVED 06/05/2019

CASE # ASSIGNED NVC  06/10/2019

NVC LEFT 06/25/2019

EMBASSY RECEIVED 07/02/2019

K1 INTERVIEW APPROVAL  07/18/2019

USA ENTRY🛬 07/30/2019

MARRIED 🤵💖👰09/13/2019

AOS SENT 10/08/2019

AOS RECEIVED 10/09/2019

AOS NOA 1 10/25/2019

BIOMETRICS 11/20/2019

READY TO INTERVIEW: 12/23/2020

Interview scheduled update 02/20/2020
Interview Scheduled for 04/08/2020
03/31/2020 interview has been cancelled due to COVID19
04/01/20202 case ready to be scheduled for an interview
08/24/2020 Interview has been scheduled
Interview 9/14/2020
I 485 approved 9/14/2020
GC mailed 9/17/2020
GC received 9/21/2020

ROC mailed 09/01/2022

ROC received 09/02/2022

NOA RECEIVED 09/16/2022

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
10 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

Yes and I have seen some people in this thread and other threads getting case numbers more than 6 weeks. So?? YW :thumbs: Next day case numbers is rare and shouldn't be expected. We don't know if the record has been sitting at NVC and then on the day that someone calls is told "oh your record just arrived and case was assigned" response.

called non-immigrant visa phone line. waited approx 15 mins and got  case number. Orator said it was assigned yesterdad.

3 hours ago, Luigina said:

Noa2 on July 2, more than 4 weeks have passed and physical or electronic letters have not yet arrived. My fiance calling and calling the NVC and only answers computers that do not respond. What to do we did the address update by writing to the NVC.

Have more patience and set your expectations lower. 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

2 hours ago, Indira/Charlys said:

When in August does NVC sends cases to Embassies?

That question has been answered a thousand times.  Sure wish that you read this thread as you more times than not will have answer. Here IU s the reply to that same question not but few days ago.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Timeline
2 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

That question has been answered a thousand times.  Sure wish that you read this thread as you more times than not will have answer. Here IU s the reply to that same question not but few days ago.

“Per my last email” also works. Well, works well in my office, anyways.  🤣 you have the patience of a saint! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
15 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

No one can predict when you will receive a notification. We can only opine with what we see in the past. Some will have you believe that it only takes one day and here you are on 4 weeks. I have seen 1 day to more than 6 weeks.

Calling is the best way to get the case number. You (petitioner) will get a snail mail with the case number about 2 weeks after assignment.

Just an update..  I called and received a case number. Forgot to ask when it was assigned. 5 hours later I just received an email from the NVC stating they will be forwarding the case to the US embassy and the process time can take several weeks. I would say things are moving along fairly well! 

Will my fiancé receive information by mail or email regarding the next steps?

Anything we should begin now? 

Thanks in advance! 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
On 6/30/2019 at 2:53 PM, Greenbaum said:

This thread was created for those who are waiting for their NOA2 K-1 to their case assignment from NVC. Contained in the PDF below are many tips, tricks and hacks to help you along the way.

These are items that everyone asks for, so I thought I just post a PDF of them here for you to refer to when it's necessary.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nfin98c33IEpB0T0FlURERriblYmlm5O/view?usp=sharing

We’ve been approved! Hello!

"Well, I Was Sleeping, Y'Know, And My Mother, Who Passed When I Was Very Young, Y'Know, She Appeared In A Dream, Y'Know, And She Told Me, Y'Know, Very Gently To Just Let It Be, And So The Next Morning I Went Right Over To The Piano, Y'Know, And I Began To, Y'Know, Write The Song, Y'Know"

Timeline

So, it says we were approved on August 15th. I haven’t gotten the NOA2 in the mail yet obviously, but I’m wondering if I need to update mine and my partners email addresses with the NVC yet? The link in the PDF doesn't work. Thanks!

"Well, I Was Sleeping, Y'Know, And My Mother, Who Passed When I Was Very Young, Y'Know, She Appeared In A Dream, Y'Know, And She Told Me, Y'Know, Very Gently To Just Let It Be, And So The Next Morning I Went Right Over To The Piano, Y'Know, And I Began To, Y'Know, Write The Song, Y'Know"

9 hours ago, AandH said:

Just an update..  I called and received a case number. Forgot to ask when it was assigned. 5 hours later I just received an email from the NVC stating they will be forwarding the case to the US embassy and the process time can take several weeks. I would say things are moving along fairly well! 

Will my fiancé receive information by mail or email regarding the next steps?

Anything we should begin now? 

Thanks in advance! 

What is needed for the interview:

https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/iv-dv-supplemental/ISL_Islamabad.pdf

VJ portal for your county's Embassy (information is old but maybe it will be of some use)

http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=Pakistan&cty=Islamabad

Sub-forum for your region. This is the place to ask questions of others who are processing through Pakistan, not here. Basically you are finished in this thread, so next step is to move of to the SF.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/91-asia-south/

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

5 hours ago, mogiftney said:

So, it says we were approved on August 15th. I haven’t gotten the NOA2 in the mail yet obviously, but I’m wondering if I need to update mine and my partners email addresses with the NVC yet? The link in the PDF doesn't work. Thanks!

Now is a good a good time to update your email with NVC. So the link worked for me. You have 3 ways to complete this:

1. Try the link again

2. Re-type the link into your browser

3. Copy and past the link into your browser

There you have 3 simple ways of getting around this.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Timeline
26 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

Now is a good a good time to update your email with NVC. So the link worked for me. You have 3 ways to complete this:

1. Try the link again

2. Re-type the link into your browser

3. Copy and past the link into your browser

There you have 3 simple ways of getting around this.

Thanks, the link is working now! I just had to manually type it into the search bar.

Okay, so I’ve put in all of our info, I just have a few questions.

When it asks for our receipt number at the top, does it want a new USCIS receipt number that I may get when I receive the NOA2 in the mail? I don’t know if I get different info from that or not or if I can keep using the original case number.

Also, in the PDF it says that I should provide the WAC case number and the NVC one in the “blank box”, first off, it’s referencing the “type your questions below” box, correct? I put most of that info in the fields above that box already, I don’t wanna overcomplicate things with them.

Secondly, do I need to have an NVC case number as well for this? Please excuse my ignorance, I am pretty confused about how all of this works and just wanna make sure we get it right! I hope there’s nothing else more immediate that we need to be doing for this, I’m not quite sure what we need to do at this stage, but I’m still looking into things. Thanks so much for all of your help!

Edited by mogiftney

4 minutes ago, mogiftney said:

Thanks, the link is working now! I just had to manually type it into the search bar.

Okay, so I’ve put in all of our info, I just have a few questions.

When it asks for our receipt number at the top, does it want a new USCIS receipt number that I may get when I receive the NOA2 in the mail? I don’t know if I get different info from that or not or if I can keep using the original case number.

Also, in the PDF it says that I should provide the WAC case number and the NVC one in the “blank box”, first off, it’s referencing the “type your questions below” box, correct? I put most of that info in the fields above that box already, I don’t wanna overcomplicate things with them.

Secondly, do I need to have an NVC case number as well for this? Excuse my ignorance, I am pretty confused about how all of this works and just wanna make sure we get it right! I hope there’s nothing else more immediate that we need to be doing for this, I’m not quite sure what we need to do at this stage, but I’m still looking into things. Thanks so much for all of your help!

The form wasn't really meant to update but we found that it worked "sometimes" and we began advocating this step. You should put the information in the box also and asked that the petitioner's and beneficiary's email be updated.

WAC and receipt (from NOA1) should be just fine for this procedure. 

Enter the petitioner's information as well as the beneficiary's in the "empty box". Full name, Date of Birth, (use DD/MONTH/YYYY, i.e., 08/April/2019 for the DOB field) NOA2 receipt number and WAC number. We have found in some cases that emails are never sent and in other cases this works well. So, your mileage may vary.

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

6 minutes ago, Yanne94 said:

Fiancé called NVC and got the case number today. 

NOA 2: July 19

Case received and assigned #: August 12

Congratulations!

The PSA in the Philippines is notorious for misspellings and missing information on birth certificates. You should look over your BC to make sure everything is correct as well as your passport. Now is the time to get that corrected. You might want to get a copy of your NBI to see if there are any problems with it. Again, now is a better time to get it corrected if you find something wrong. Be sure to use all your AKA's when they do the search. Make sure your passport doesn't expire any time before a year from now as this is a long process and you could be running around getting a new one at the last minute. So get it renewed if it is expiring in 2019.

Also, there is a sub-forum for the Philippines here on VJ that you should be a part of. It's a good place to read what others are experiencing which will only prepare you for your interview.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/129-philippines/

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Timeline
13 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

The form wasn't really meant to update but we found that it worked "sometimes" and we began advocating this step. You should put the information in the box also and asked that the petitioner's and beneficiary's email be updated.

WAC and receipt (from NOA1) should be just fine for this procedure. 

Enter the petitioner's information as well as the beneficiary's in the "empty box". Full name, Date of Birth, (use DD/MONTH/YYYY, i.e., 08/April/2019 for the DOB field) NOA2 receipt number and WAC number. We have found in some cases that emails are never sent and in other cases this works well. So, your mileage may vary.

Thanks! This might be a stupid question, but are the “wac” number and the “NOA2 receipt” number different things?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.