MancRed

Last day in England..

21 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi guys! 

The day has nearly come! I’m moving to the USA tomorrow on my k1 Visa

Just wondering if there’s anything else I should take with me other than the package I received from the embassy and my previous applications etc? 

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

thanks

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, MancRed said:

Hi guys! 

Just wondering if there’s anything else I should take with me other than the package I received from the embassy and my previous applications etc? 

thanks

Take all documents and pictures related, I was asked a lot of questions.. it all depend on the mood of the officer, so prepare yourself you be could be ask any question..

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

For entry, you need only your passport with K-1 visa along with the packet for immigration.......there is no need to take pictures, etc....You are immigrating to the US.  Your K-1 visa is proof of that. The only question I can imagine is "Do you plan to marry within 90 days".......of course, you need other records packed for later use for AOS.

Edited by missileman

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

for you own records 

a birth certificate

shot records

criminal report if needed for the marriage license in that state

school / college transcripts

resume or list of employers with dates of work so you can do a resume later after EAD

BTW congratulations you'll love the beautiful state of Washington

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
3 hours ago, MancRed said:

Hi guys! 

thanks

Adding to the others--

Did you fill out the P85 form for UK?

Also a record of what you earned in the UK since Jan 1 such as your pay slips. That's something you will be asked to report on your 2019 US tax return if you file jointly with your spouse. It will be helpful to have something to refer to because by next February you may have forgotten.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

Adding to the others--

Did you fill out the P85 form for UK?

Also a record of what you earned in the UK since Jan 1 such as your pay slips. That's something you will be asked to report on your 2019 US tax return if you file jointly with your spouse. It will be helpful to have something to refer to because by next February you may have forgotten.

Wicked @Wuozopo !! 

Yeah I got my p45 ready for the p85, it wouldn’t allow to me to complete the online form because it asks what date I left the UK. So I will be completing this on Monday. 

Ive got all my pay slips, bank statements and credit card statements for the past 5 years with me. 

In regards to pics, will showing my instagram etc be enough for this? I’m taking one of my wedding invitations as proof of intent to marry. 

Anything else you guys can think of? 

Cheers for the help everyone!

Welcome to Washington!

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

The good thing is coming from England, you should be used to all the rain in Washington. Seattle is a nice city though. And I remember they had some awesome water parks I remember from when I was younger.

Here on a K1? Need married and a Certificate in hand within a few hours? I'm here to help. Come to Vegas and I'll marry you Vegas style!!   Visa Journey members are always FREE for my services. I know the costs involved in this whole game of immigration, and if I can save you some money I will!

Timeline
4 hours ago, MancRed said:

n regards to pics, will showing my instagram etc be enough for this? I’m taking one of my wedding invitations as proof of intent to marry. 

You don't need photos at POE. You need your passport and your white envelope for the immigration queue and the customs form filled out on the plane after you retrieve your luggage. If you have used the kiosks for customs declaration before on visits, I believe that is only for VWP travellers with ESTA. Entering on a K1 visa instead of ESTA, you'll need the paper form this trip.

Edited by Wuozopo

Timeline
9 hours ago, Teetop said:

Take all documents and pictures related, I was asked a lot of questions.. it all depend on the mood of the officer, so prepare yourself you be could be ask any question..

Honestly, this guy asked a whole lotta questions, he even asked to see my pictures with my fiancee.. like I was in another visa interview!

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Teetop said:

Honestly, this guy asked a whole lotta questions, he even asked to see my pictures with my fiancee.. like I was in another visa interview!

Maybe it was about being from Nigeria, known for high incidence of visa fraud. Or because your visa took more than two months to receive after the interview. MancRed's took 7 days. Somebody is seriously  checking you more closely. 

Timeline
3 hours ago, Wuozopo said:

Maybe it was about being from Nigeria, known for high incidence of visa fraud. Or because your visa took more than two months to receive after the interview. MancRed's took 7 days. Somebody is seriously  checking you more closely. 

You know funniest thing, the guy is a Nigerian too.. i think he's just a bully coz he's not suppose to do that!

He kept on saying the documents in the brown envelope is not complete, said pictures aren't inside and all, then I answered the embassy official gave it back me at the visa interview and he said lemme see it.. 

Edited by Teetop

Late to the party, so you’re presumably in the air right now, or you’ve already landed - but good luck @MancRed

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.