TBoneTX

November 2018 AOS Filers, Part 2

439 posts in this topic

27 minutes ago, Pat Argen said:

Sixth this. I don’t know how much of this excruciating wait we can take. I’m also afraid of getting lost under the pile of the 2019 filers. Every time we call the USCIS it’s always “you just have to wait it out” IT’s been 250+ days of wait for us! They advise against expediting it. We just want to work and travel. 😔

Seventh this. There comes a point where "just waiting it out" is no longer acceptable. That's the type of excuse people use when they don't know whats going on and they don't have a good answer for it.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline
48 minutes ago, dr01d3k4 said:

Fifth this. I'm at 9.5 months now, been a week since "ready to schedule for interview" and still nothing. I'm happy for all you who can now send service requests, but this still feels insulting from USCIS.

Gonna contact my lawyer and see if there's anything more we can do. I'm worried I, and the rest of us from 2018, will get lost in the pile under Jan+Feb+March 2019 filers.

9.5 months? Jesus. I don't know...that's just....I would say "crazy", but I also that 6-8 months was crazy before it happened too. Hope my hubby doesn't see that because he'll lose it. 

1 minute ago, kanderson101 said:

9.5 months? Jesus. I don't know...that's just....I would say "crazy", but I also that 6-8 months was crazy before it happened too. Hope my hubby doesn't see that because he'll lose it. 

Yep, October 18th 2018, though I was able to work on my J1 til mid November so it "feels" like 1 month less.

Ours has taken so long because we had 2 RFEs. One in late February that took a lot of back and forth with the lawyer to get sorted and replied to in early May, then another quick one in mid June. They received our response to that one on June 19th, so it's been 42 days since that - still within the 60 day window before we can send a service request! Got an update to "ready to schedule interview" last Wednesday, but with a 17-22 month wait in SF, I ain't holding out hope for that to be soon!

We thought this would all be done by March, maybe April, but hoped for February. That's how much we budgeted for in our savings but we're long past that now. This wait wouldn't have been so bad if I could have done something during it, but with the price of rent in the bay area... Add to that planning and then missing a trip home in May-June where I would have seen my friends, family and mum's wedding, and now I have 2 friends from UK coming to visit for over a week next Tuesday. It's great that I haven't had to book time off work to see them! Not so great that I haven't got much of a budget to actually do things with them. :(

11/12/2017 - Entered US on J1
10/18/2018 - Filed AOS at NBC
12/11/2018 - Biometrics
02/28/2019 - USCIS mailed RFIE on I485
05/09/2019 - USCIS received RFIE response
06/11/2019 - USCIS mailed another RFIE on I485
06/19/2019 - USCIS received 2nd RFIE response
07/24/2019 - I485 ready to schedule for interview
01/22/2020 - I485 interview (in San Jose instead of San Francisco)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline
17 hours ago, dr01d3k4 said:

Yep, October 18th 2018, though I was able to work on my J1 til mid November so it "feels" like 1 month less.

Ours has taken so long because we had 2 RFEs. One in late February that took a lot of back and forth with the lawyer to get sorted and replied to in early May, then another quick one in mid June. They received our response to that one on June 19th, so it's been 42 days since that - still within the 60 day window before we can send a service request! Got an update to "ready to schedule interview" last Wednesday, but with a 17-22 month wait in SF, I ain't holding out hope for that to be soon!

We thought this would all be done by March, maybe April, but hoped for February. That's how much we budgeted for in our savings but we're long past that now. This wait wouldn't have been so bad if I could have done something during it, but with the price of rent in the bay area... Add to that planning and then missing a trip home in May-June where I would have seen my friends, family and mum's wedding, and now I have 2 friends from UK coming to visit for over a week next Tuesday. It's great that I haven't had to book time off work to see them! Not so great that I haven't got much of a budget to actually do things with them. :(

Wow, I'm so sorry you've been through all of that. It just sounds mentally exhausting. Seattle also has a huge wait time to interview so I sympathize with that piece - sucks when the combo card is really your only way out for over a year. 

I'm glad you have friends visiting, although I suppose it maybe doesn't seem like the trip you had in mind when you planned it. I hope you still have a nice time. At the very least, it'll probably help take your mind off of all of this for a bit! Maybe by the time they leave, you'll have your combo card. One can only hope, yes? 

1 hour ago, Allaboutwaiting said:

What's a green hard? :P

Joke aside, congratulations! 😊

card* whoops! 

Haha, thanks :)

My interview is scheduled. I will be going to the Las Vegas office for my interview. Is there anyone who has gone through the Las Vegas office? Any advise or heads up for me to know? Thanks guys!

Green Card interview is tomorrow morning! Already pumped for it! I don't think either of us are nervous, at least as of right now.

5 minutes ago, rrobin0609 said:

Green Card interview is tomorrow morning! Already pumped for it! I don't think either of us are nervous, at least as of right now.

I'm sure you'll smash it! :D

ROC Timeline:

Date format is MM/DD/YY

05/16/19 - Green Card Issue Date

03/10/21 - Sent ROC paperwork to Phoenix, AZ | USPS 2-Day Shipping

04/07/21 - NOA1 Text Messages Received

13 minutes ago, rrobin0609 said:

Ours is Thursday. Good luck!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

For all those still waiting, we are at Day 257. I feel like we could be making some progress with the calls in on a daily basis but I'm not sure. I have had our Senator calling who was able to clarify that the app isn't "lost" or any issues, just in the system still. Once you submit an inquiry for outside of processing times, no matter "Tier 2" officers cannot see into the case anymore until the 30 day period has expired so know that when you do submit one that yes it will go to a different Team and reviewed but they won't be able to guide you along where it stands in the meantime. Our 30 day waiting period is up this Friday for AP so we will call then. The Tier 2 officer actually offered to have a higher up officer call my husband back to inform him that "all is well" so fingers crossed..........

K1 Journey from Spain to USA :wub:
10-25-2017 I-129F Sent to Lewisville
10-27-2017 NOA1
XX-XX-XXXX NOA2 :jest:
XX-XX-XXXX NVC Received
XX-XX-XXXX Interview Scheduled
XX-XX-XXXX POE :whistle:
XX-XX-XXXX Married 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, JMCKNG said:

For all those still waiting, we are at Day 257. I feel like we could be making some progress with the calls in on a daily basis but I'm not sure. I have had our Senator calling who was able to clarify that the app isn't "lost" or any issues, just in the system still. Once you submit an inquiry for outside of processing times, no matter "Tier 2" officers cannot see into the case anymore until the 30 day period has expired so know that when you do submit one that yes it will go to a different Team and reviewed but they won't be able to guide you along where it stands in the meantime. Our 30 day waiting period is up this Friday for AP so we will call then. The Tier 2 officer actually offered to have a higher up officer call my husband back to inform him that "all is well" so fingers crossed..........

Day 257 here too. I’m thinking of calling tomorrow just for an update. They said to wait for 15-30 days. We’re way past 15 days for the SR for our AP. I’m just too tired to be hearing the same thing repeated all over again if I call tomorrow. I don’t want to be waiting until September for this :( The wait is gruelling and I’m thinking of contacting our senator and congressperson too this week if we don’t get any useful update soon. Do you think contacting the senator helps the case at all? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.