TBoneTX

November 2018 AOS Filers, Part 2

439 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, kanderson101 said:

Yeah the service requests/inquiries/blah blah are just . I don't even know why they still have those options because clearly they do nothing. UGH. 

Well if you get scheduled soon, that would obviously be awesome. But I'm still holding out hope that you get your EAD/AP approval soon! It seems like they've been getting through the November stragglers pretty steadily (when I check the casetracker for 500 cases above and below mine). 

Honestly, reading that many November filers are still waiting for their EAD and from December, January, February and March, makes my anxiety more and more deeper. 

You're right, the inquiry is useless. I filed mine 9 days ago and they didn't assigne it to anyone, there is an update about it on the Egov.uscis site. I called Tier2 and she said that system is wrong, the waiting time for the EAD is still over 8,5 months. And when I see people who filed way after me getting approved their EAD makes me cry all day long :( 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline
5 hours ago, Gigi2017 said:

Honestly, reading that many November filers are still waiting for their EAD and from December, January, February and March, makes my anxiety more and more deeper. 

You're right, the inquiry is useless. I filed mine 9 days ago and they didn't assigne it to anyone, there is an update about it on the Egov.uscis site. I called Tier2 and she said that system is wrong, the waiting time for the EAD is still over 8,5 months. And when I see people who filed way after me getting approved their EAD makes me cry all day long :( 

I'm sorry 😔 calling USCIS is so frustrating. We stopped bothering after they repeatedly led us around in circles. I hope you have good news soon. 

Timeline

Does anyone know if getting multiple NOAs (for the same forms) is a problem? We received an NOA for EAD and one for AP. Both notice dates were August 6th. We just received two MORE NOAs for the same forms today. Everything is the same except the notice date is now August 7th. I'm thinking it's just a system glitch but I haven't heard this happen to anyone else. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

It’s been 265 days for me since the last update for i-765/i-131 combo card and i-485 AOS application, and at this point I’m really just waiting for the i-485 to change status but our LFO is Chicago and I think it’s not one of the fastest LFOs in the country. However each day that passes I grow more anxious since I have to go back to my country in late September or early October. We’ve never anticipated this long wait for EAD/AP 😕 I am really thinking of reaching out to our senator because of this. Any of you had luck reaching out to your senator to see how your cases are going? I’ve already called the USCIS countless times and filed case inquiries and even had an expedite request filed for the i-765 but nothing still. It’s been almost 9 months. Any advice would help. Thank you. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
2 hours ago, Pat Argen said:

It’s been 265 days for me since the last update for i-765/i-131 combo card and i-485 AOS application, and at this point I’m really just waiting for the i-485 to change status but our LFO is Chicago and I think it’s not one of the fastest LFOs in the country. However each day that passes I grow more anxious since I have to go back to my country in late September or early October. We’ve never anticipated this long wait for EAD/AP 😕 I am really thinking of reaching out to our senator because of this. Any of you had luck reaching out to your senator to see how your cases are going? I’ve already called the USCIS countless times and filed case inquiries and even had an expedite request filed for the i-765 but nothing still. It’s been almost 9 months. Any advice would help. Thank you. 

We have had our state Senator from Washington DC calling USCIS the past couple of weeks and received an official letter after each call mailed to our home. The first message she got was that we had to wait 30 days to call after the SR. The 2nd message she got was after that 30 days passed, our case was "assigned" to an officer and we have to wait but that it's good that there's "progress." Honestly, I appreciate the effort, but I do not believe that it does absolutely anything. I don't think USCIS cares who is calling whether it's the applicant that paid thousands of dollars or if it's the Senator. They're not going to pick up your case and prioritize it based off a call unless it was the President himself. The application is where it's going to be for the remaining portion of the wait in my mind. Every piece of "info" I have received is information I can find myself from calling, researching, or monitoring my case from my own seat. I do know expediting and submitting a SR puts you into a new "queue" so I am not touching anything anymore. Not calling. Just letting time run it's course. 

K1 Journey from Spain to USA :wub:
10-25-2017 I-129F Sent to Lewisville
10-27-2017 NOA1
XX-XX-XXXX NOA2 :jest:
XX-XX-XXXX NVC Received
XX-XX-XXXX Interview Scheduled
XX-XX-XXXX POE :whistle:
XX-XX-XXXX Married 

17 hours ago, kanderson101 said:

Does anyone know if getting multiple NOAs (for the same forms) is a problem? We received an NOA for EAD and one for AP. Both notice dates were August 6th. We just received two MORE NOAs for the same forms today. Everything is the same except the notice date is now August 7th. I'm thinking it's just a system glitch but I haven't heard this happen to anyone else. 

I don't think it is an issue. The important thing is the status update that will include the tracking number for the combo card. 

Timeline
32 minutes ago, Allaboutwaiting said:

I don't think it is an issue. The important thing is the status update that will include the tracking number for the combo card. 

thank you :) i did get the tracking number this morning. i suppose i'm just so wary of USCIS at this point that the slightest deviation from "normal" freaks me out. 

1 minute ago, kanderson101 said:

thank you :) i did get the tracking number this morning. i suppose i'm just so wary of USCIS at this point that the slightest deviation from "normal" freaks me out. 

I know! Dealing with the USCIS is such an emotional roller coaster.

I actually feel more a daredevil than those who enjoy extreme sports. :P

And it is awesome you already got the tracking number; hopefully the card will be there with you in a few days. Congratulations again! 🙌

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
On 8/13/2019 at 8:37 AM, Pat Argen said:

22 hours ago, JMCKNG said:

We have had our state Senator from Washington DC calling USCIS the past couple of weeks and received an official letter after each call mailed to our home. The first message she got was that we had to wait 30 days to call after the SR. The 2nd message she got was after that 30 days passed, our case was "assigned" to an officer and we have to wait but that it's good that there's "progress." Honestly, I appreciate the effort, but I do not believe that it does absolutely anything. I don't think USCIS cares who is calling whether it's the applicant that paid thousands of dollars or if it's the Senator. They're not going to pick up your case and prioritize it based off a call unless it was the President himself. The application is where it's going to be for the remaining portion of the wait in my mind. Every piece of "info" I have received is information I can find myself from calling, researching, or monitoring my case from my own seat. I do know expediting and submitting a SR puts you into a new "queue" so I am not touching anything anymore. Not calling. Just letting time run it's course. 

Really praying for you guys! It's disgraceful that you guys are still waiting for something! Please keep us updated-can't wait for your good news! ❤️ 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
19 hours ago, kanderson101 said:

Hey! 

I never congratulated you as I fail to check here every so often but MASSIVE congrats on your combo - so happy for you guys! :D 

J

Timeline
14 minutes ago, jakejon said:

Hey! 

I never congratulated you as I fail to check here every so often but MASSIVE congrats on your combo - so happy for you guys! :D 

J

Awh, thank you!! we're very excited :) Hope things have been going well for you these past few months! 

Timeline

i filed an expedite process request a few days ago and received an email today that i needed to fax proof of a pending job offer—should i include other proof of “financial” loss too for good measure? (bills, written letter explaining financial loss)?? and for those who successfully tried to expedite your i-765s, does it (usually) mean that you also get the i-131 too?

Edited by Pat Argen

Timeline
1 minute ago, Pat Argen said:

i filed an expedite process request a few days ago and received an email today that i needed to fax proof of a pending job offer—should i include other proof of “financial” loss too for good measure? (bills, written letter explaining financial loss)?? and for those who successfully tried to expedite your i-765s, does it (usually) mean that you also get the i-131 too?

Do you have a pending job offer by chance? I haven't filed an expedite so unfortunately I don't have much input with that, I feel like if did that I wouldn't have a "qualified" reason besides the fact that my application has been extremely left behind and that our family would be better off with 2 incomes verses one. I don't know if that's "enough" for them without something more extreme. 

10-27-2017 NOA1
XX-XX-XXXX NVC Received
XX-XX-XXXX Married 

Timeline
1 minute ago, JMCKNG said:

Do you have a pending job offer by chance? I haven't filed an expedite so unfortunately I don't have much input with that, I feel like if did that I wouldn't have a "qualified" reason besides the fact that my application has been extremely left behind and that our family would be better off with 2 incomes verses one. I don't know if that's "enough" for them without something more extreme. 

Hi, no I don’t have a pending job offer.. but I can apply real quick and ask for a letter though lol!  

that’s why I was hesitant to file too since my reasons were 1.) we’re just almost 9 months left behind 2.) my stepdad’s drowning in bills 3.) his savings are going down the drain 😕 the additional income would prevent him to use up all his savings so I wanna write down too if ever I make a letter and fax it to the officer, so I was thinking of sending those (letter, credit card bills, bank account statements) instead. I really am just eager to get the i-131 and figured to kill two birds with one stone by trying to expedite i-765. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Pat Argen said:

Hi, no I don’t have a pending job offer.. but I can apply real quick and ask for a letter though lol!  

that’s why I was hesitant to file too since my reasons were 1.) we’re just almost 9 months left behind 2.) my stepdad’s drowning in bills 3.) his savings are going down the drain 😕 the additional income would prevent him to use up all his savings so I wanna write down too if ever I make a letter and fax it to the officer, so I was thinking of sending those (letter, credit card bills, bank account statements) instead. I really am just eager to get the i-131 and figured to kill two birds with one stone by trying to expedite i-765. 

Ha, yeah it doesn't hurt. I just get so hesitance touching anything with our cases after seeing what happened with the SR.. absolutely nothing but more waiting. So, hopefully it works for you! I guess anything at this point helps.. has there been any status change to your 485? Or, have your SR been assigned?

10-27-2017 NOA1
XX-XX-XXXX NVC Received
XX-XX-XXXX Married 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.