TBoneTX

November 2018 AOS Filers, Part 2

439 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Gigi2017 said:

I feel so bad for all the November filers left behind. I have a friend in LA and she and her husband filed on November 2nd. They called at least 3 times because the husband still doesn't have EAD nor Interview date :( 

Your sympathy is appreciated. I'm so sorry for your friend, I hope she gets good news soon. This whole thing is seriously screwed up. 

Just now, kanderson101 said:

Your sympathy is appreciated. I'm so sorry for your friend, I hope she gets good news soon. This whole thing is seriously screwed up. 

My husband and I are March filers. We are 2 more days away from the inquiry date but it makes me so frustrated there are many people are still waiting from last November and many people from this March and April already have their greencard. This whole process is so unfair...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

Hi guys, 

is there someone still waiting for their EAD , November filers? I applied for EAD RENEWAL on November 8th, my case is already waaaay outside normal processing times , I asked for an expedite on the 9th of July, they replied after a week asking for evidence, faxed everything on the 19th of July and since then I only received via email an update saying the case is with an officer. 

how long does it take an expedite to be processed or how long did you wait after you sent the evidence required? anyone has been through this before? my case is not even expedite anymore since they processing cases from March 2019... 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Not sure if it's a somewhat glitch but EAD/AP processing NBC has went down to 2.5-5 months?!! Extremely frustrating for those have waited over 8 months but seems the case inquiry date is set now at early March 2019! 

So sad to see some people STILL waiting for something. Hopefully those waiting hears something good real soon! :) 

Edited by jakejon

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline
1 minute ago, jakejon said:

Not sure if it's a glitch but EAD processing NBC has went down to 2.5-5 months. Extremely frustrating for those have waited over 8 months but seems the case inquiry date is set now at early March 2019! 

So sad to see some people waiting for something. Hopefully those waiting hears something good real soon! :) 

yes, I ve just noticed that they processing apparently cases since March 2019 ...apparently!

Timeline
9 minutes ago, piranda said:

yes, I ve just noticed that they processing apparently cases since March 2019 ...apparently!

Yeah! In an ideal world the NBC would understand the necessity of providing combo cards in a timely manner. I think 4-5 months is fair enough considering their high volume but do they really consider people who have an extremely slow LFO, like Seattle, Houston, Las Vegas, Phoenix (just examples) etc? - that is the frustrating thing! 

Of course they are slammed undoubtedly but I don't understand why people who filed in November are still waiting for something. Hopefully it's a great move in the right direction in terms of getting people their much needed documents/cards asap :) 

Edited by jakejon

Timeline
13 minutes ago, jakejon said:

Not sure if it's a somewhat glitch but EAD/AP processing NBC has went down to 2.5-5 months?!! Extremely frustrating for those have waited over 8 months but seems the case inquiry date is set now at early March 2019! 

So sad to see some people STILL waiting for something. Hopefully those waiting hears something good real soon! :) 

I don't think it's a glitch - according to USCIS the processing times reflect the past 6 months of data. So if they've been approving 2019 filers heavily, it'll make it look like those of us in 2018 are just outliers. 

We are also still waiting for EAD/AP (sadly), but I just saw that we're receiving our AOS interview letter in the mail today or tomorrow, so that's some good news at least! I've basically given up on the Combo Card at this point. I'm almost positive we'll have the Green Card way before the NBC catches up. This whole process is so screwed up and unfair. I'm so sorry for everyone still waiting. 💔

10.10.2017 - Engagement

12.05.2017 - (K1 Visa) Case was Received

12.06.2017 - NOA1

06.14.2018 - NOA2 (Approved)

07.02.2018 - NVC received

07.03.2018 - NVC case number assigned

07.24.2018 - Left NVC/In Transit (22 days at NVC)

08.08.2018 - Medical

08.22.2018 - Interview (Approved! The whole process took 259 days from start to finish.)

09.08.2018 - POE

10.20.2018 - Marriage

11.14.2018 - (AOS) Case was Received

11.18.2018 - (AOS) Fingerprint Fee was Received

07.24.2019 - "Case Ready for Interview to be Scheduled" (253 days)

07.31.2019 - Green Card interview letter received in the mail (7 days later)

08.29.2019 - Green Card interview (Approved!)

09.03.2019 - New Card Being Produced!

09.07.2019 - Green Card in Hand! (9 days after our interview)

06.23.2021 - Form I-751 Removal of Conditions, Case was Received

06.26.2021 - NOA

Timeline
17 hours ago, NewbieFeb said:

Sooooo....the EAD processing time has just been updated on the USCIS website to between 2.5 months to 5 months again! The inquiry date now is March 2nd, 2019 at the NBC!!

Still waiting for mine too - filed Nov 15th! I am usually pretty good at keeping my cool but this just make me SO MAD 😡 

Edited by Tavira87

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
17 minutes ago, Tavira87 said:

Still waiting for mine too - filed Nov 15th! I am usually pretty good at keeping my cool but this just make me SO MAD 😡 

SECOND THIS

K1 Journey from Spain to USA :wub:
10-25-2017 I-129F Sent to Lewisville
10-27-2017 NOA1
XX-XX-XXXX NOA2 :jest:
XX-XX-XXXX NVC Received
XX-XX-XXXX Interview Scheduled
XX-XX-XXXX POE :whistle:
XX-XX-XXXX Married 

Timeline
38 minutes ago, Tavira87 said:

20 minutes ago, JMCKNG said:

SECOND THIS

"Third" this.

🕛🕐🕑🕒🕓🕔🕕🕗🕘🕙🕚

19 minutes ago, kanderson101 said:

"Third" this.

🕛🕐🕑🕒🕓🕔🕕🕗🕘🕙🕚

I'm no longer waiting but I "fourth" this. 

The USCIS claiming the waiting times are now 2 to 5 months while some filers have been waiting over 8 months is just plainly offensive. 

I truly truly wish there was something we could do. 

6 minutes ago, Allaboutwaiting said:

I'm no longer waiting but I "fourth" this. 

The USCIS claiming the waiting times are now 2 to 5 months while some filers have been waiting over 8 months is just plainly offensive. 

I truly truly wish there was something we could do. 

Fifth this. I'm at 9.5 months now, been a week since "ready to schedule for interview" and still nothing. I'm happy for all you who can now send service requests, but this still feels insulting from USCIS.

Gonna contact my lawyer and see if there's anything more we can do. I'm worried I, and the rest of us from 2018, will get lost in the pile under Jan+Feb+March 2019 filers.

11/12/2017 - Entered US on J1
10/18/2018 - Filed AOS at NBC
12/11/2018 - Biometrics
02/28/2019 - USCIS mailed RFIE on I485
05/09/2019 - USCIS received RFIE response
06/11/2019 - USCIS mailed another RFIE on I485
06/19/2019 - USCIS received 2nd RFIE response
07/24/2019 - I485 ready to schedule for interview
01/22/2020 - I485 interview (in San Jose instead of San Francisco)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
5 minutes ago, dr01d3k4 said:

Fifth this. I'm at 9.5 months now, been a week since "ready to schedule for interview" and still nothing. I'm happy for all you who can now send service requests, but this still feels insulting from USCIS.

Gonna contact my lawyer and see if there's anything more we can do. I'm worried I, and the rest of us from 2018, will get lost in the pile under Jan+Feb+March 2019 filers.

Sixth this. I don’t know how much of this excruciating wait we can take. I’m also afraid of getting lost under the pile of the 2019 filers. Every time we call the USCIS it’s always “you just have to wait it out” IT’s been 250+ days of wait for us! They advise against expediting it. We just want to work and travel. 😔

We just got our interview date assignment in the mail! We'll have our interview at the Nashville F.O. on Thursday, August 29th at 8:15 a.m. (Yikes! Talk about early!)

I can already tell I won't be sleeping the night before our interview! 😱

10.10.2017 - Engagement

12.05.2017 - (K1 Visa) Case was Received

12.06.2017 - NOA1

06.14.2018 - NOA2 (Approved)

07.02.2018 - NVC received

07.03.2018 - NVC case number assigned

07.24.2018 - Left NVC/In Transit (22 days at NVC)

08.08.2018 - Medical

08.22.2018 - Interview (Approved! The whole process took 259 days from start to finish.)

09.08.2018 - POE

10.20.2018 - Marriage

11.14.2018 - (AOS) Case was Received

11.18.2018 - (AOS) Fingerprint Fee was Received

07.24.2019 - "Case Ready for Interview to be Scheduled" (253 days)

07.31.2019 - Green Card interview letter received in the mail (7 days later)

08.29.2019 - Green Card interview (Approved!)

09.03.2019 - New Card Being Produced!

09.07.2019 - Green Card in Hand! (9 days after our interview)

06.23.2021 - Form I-751 Removal of Conditions, Case was Received

06.26.2021 - NOA

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.