Bem

CAN SOMEONE REAPPLY FOR B1/B2 VISA FROM WITHIN United States ?

17 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

You can apply for an extension if you are currently here on a Visa, but you cannot apply for a new Visa from within the US I believe.

Here on a K1? Need married and a Certificate in hand within a few hours? I'm here to help. Come to Vegas and I'll marry you Vegas style!!   Visa Journey members are always FREE for my services. I know the costs involved in this whole game of immigration, and if I can save you some money I will!

-Visa is a travel document. It allows you to board the plane bound for the US and appears in front of a CBP officer to seek admission to the US. The CBP officer than "admits" you for a certain period of time. For B1/B2, no more than 6 months. When you're in the US, you're said to be in B1/B2 status, and as mentioned in the previous sentence, that status is set by the CBP officer and indicated in form I-94. You cannot stay in the US pass the date on the I-94. That B1/B2 status can be extended while you're in the US, provided you file form I-539 Extension of status with USCIS before the date indicated on the I-94, and with a valid reason, of course. 

-As for the Visa itself (the foil stamp that the US Embassy/Consulate placed in your passport), that cannot be extended within the US. Only US Embassy/Consulate overseas issue visas. One crucial thing to remember is that the validity of your visa is NOT how long you're allowed to stay in the US.

Edited by USS_Voyager

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline
Just now, Roel said:

If you have a VALID reason, you can apply for extension. But you cannot get a new visa to the US from within US. Common sense here.

Are you asking for another "friend"? Like here:

or here

if those are not "friends" but you in fact, then I highly doubt you'll get extension approved.

YES

2 minutes ago, Bem said:

YES

Tell your "friends" to get their own accounts because this is getting ridiculous.

K1

29.11.2013 - NoA1

06.02.2014 - NoA2

01.04.2014 - Interview. 

AoS

03.2015 - AoS started.

09.2015 - Green Card received.  

RoC

24.07.2017 - NoA1.

01.08.2018 - RoC approved. 

15 minutes ago, Roel said:

if those are not "friends" but you in fact, then I highly doubt you'll get extension approved.

Just goes to show the downside of having multiple posts to the same question.....they may learn....someday. :bonk:

IR-1/CR-1
Spoiler

GOT MARRIED: 3-APR-2015 :wub:

HUSBAND FILED I-130: 29-MAY-2015

VISAS APPROVED: 15-JUN-2016

VISAS IN HAND; GREEN CARD FEES PAID: 21-JUN-2016

PORT OF ENTRY - FT. LAUDERDALE INTL AIRPORT: 06-AUG-2016
CONDITIONAL GREEN CARDS RECEIVED: 23-SEP-2016

I-751 FILER   
Spoiler
FILED REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS: 25-JUN-2018
FILE SENT TO NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER 11-MAY-2019
10-YR GREEN CARDS APPROVED 17-JUN-2019 
10-YR GREEN CARDS RECEIVED 21-JUN-2019 :dance: 

N-400 FILER
Spoiler
FILED CITIZENSHIP ONLINE; RECEIVED NOA1: 8-DEC-2019
BIOMETRICS WALK-IN: 18-DEC-2019
INTERVIEW SCHEDULED: 26-OCT-2020
APPROVED/SAME DAY OATH CEREMONY: 26-OCT-2020

US PASSPORT
APPLICATION APPOINTMENT AT USPS (ROUTINE): 16-SEP-2021
PASSPORT APPROVED: 30-SEP-2021
PASSPORT RECEIVED: 5-OCT-2021

Timeline
16 minutes ago, Roel said:

Tell your "friends" to get their own accounts because this is getting ridiculous.

My friend you are not obligated to respond to anyones question on this platform. Just move on other business if you find it annoying or disagreeable. Your are in no position to determine for another how he or she chooses to engage with friends. Just Kindly move on...

Just now, Bem said:

My friend you are not obligated to respond to anyones question on this platform. Just move on other business if you find it annoying or disagreeable. Your are in no position to determine for another how he or she chooses to engage with friends. Just Kindly move on...

That is fine but then you and your friend should get all the correct answers already.  Probably the answers are hard to accept but they are what they are.

Timeline
27 minutes ago, USS_Voyager said:

-Visa is a travel document. It allows you to board the plane bound for the US and appears in front of a CBP officer to seek admission to the US. The CBP officer than "admits" you for a certain period of time. For B1/B2, no more than 6 months. When you're in the US, you're said to be in B1/B2 status, and as mentioned in the previous sentence, that status is set by the CBP officer and indicated in form I-94. You cannot stay in the US pass the date on the I-94. That B1/B2 status can be extended while you're in the US, provided you file form I-539 Extension of status with USCIS before the date indicated on the I-94, and with a valid reason, of course. 

-As for the Visa itself (the foil stamp that the US Embassy/Consulate placed in your passport), that cannot be extended within the US. Only US Embassy/Consulate overseas issue visas. One crucial thing to remember is that the validity of your visa is NOT how long you're allowed to stay in the US.

Thank you so much . Very informative. thank you for your input

Timeline
1 minute ago, nguoivietnam2019 said:

That is fine but then you and your friend should get all the correct answers already.  Probably the answers are hard to accept but they are what they are.

That is what this platform is designed to achieve. We come here to ask questions and to get answers. it is very simple , people always have a choice to ignore questions they don't like or find annoying. No one is compelled by anyone to answer. In a public space like this, people should not get personal with issues

Timeline
33 minutes ago, Roel said:

If you have a VALID reason, you can apply for extension. But you cannot get a new visa to the US from within US. Common sense here.

Are you asking for another "friend"? Like here:

or here

OH! I see the post you were referencing was in January. No it is not the same person. my advice for that my friend was to go back to her home country. Start the process again

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

How many friends traveling on B2's do you have? lol. 

Key thing for anyone extending, or trying to, is if rejected they are risking overstay accumulation. It better be one good reason to try even. Applying doesn't guarantee approval of the request. And by time you get the answer time might be up anyways.

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.