TBoneTX

Form DS-5535 "Supplemental Questions for Visa Applicants" -- Part 2

1,368 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
4 hours ago, Monchikiki said:

The embassy asked for my passport a week ago and I mailed it to them, today I received my passport with no visa in it! case still showing as refused! Has anybody went through this before?

Exactly what happened to me. 
I had a g221 form with it stating needed a current medical. We sent proof that medical is current. They admitted that it was current and then said you are in Admin Processing and wont say why. 
what embassy are u at and what country is ur birth? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline
On 3/29/2021 at 7:46 AM, Monchikiki said:

The embassy asked for my passport a week ago and I mailed it to them, today I received my passport with no visa in it! case still showing as refused! Has anybody went through this before?

Yes! My Fiancé  from Lebanon. Embassy asked for passport and he received it with no visa or further instructions and now the embassy won’t reply to any emails. 

Hi guys,

I have a B2 nonimmigrant visa application pending for administrative processing after ds5535 since June 2019 and not a single update, Can I simply reapply? Or I should cancel my previous application? 
I have new updates ( new job, soon hopefully a new pass due to new nationality) so I thought to apply again better than waiting ..

any suggestions?

2 hours ago, sima12 said:

Hi guys,

I have a B2 nonimmigrant visa application pending for administrative processing after ds5535 since June 2019 and not a single update, Can I simply reapply? Or I should cancel my previous application? 
I have new updates ( new job, soon hopefully a new pass due to new nationality) so I thought to apply again better than waiting ..

any suggestions?

You can, but if it is stuck in security checks, a new application will not solve the problems.

New nationality will not make a difference in that respect.

6 hours ago, Jorgedig said:

You can, but if it is stuck in security checks, a new application will not solve the problems.

New nationality will not make a difference in that respect.

Thank you for the answer, but what do you mean by “you can” , is it reapply or withdraw the pending one?

thank you 

8 hours ago, sima12 said:

Thank you for the answer, but what do you mean by “you can” , is it reapply or withdraw the pending one?

thank you 

Reapply, as that is what you’re asking about, right?   My point is that either way, whatever flagged your application for those extra security checks will do so again.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Montenegro
Timeline
On 1/28/2021 at 9:58 PM, Mtu Mzuri said:

Congratulations. Did they email you before CEAC said issued? Did they keep your passport the whole time? Thanks

Yes they emailed me after my status changed to issued.No I had my passport with me all the time.Then after my status changed to issued the Embassy sent me email to deliver my passport.

My AP finished wery fast,les than 2 months.

• 2 months later...
On 3/7/2020 at 5:58 AM, FA90 said:

Hello everyone, 

I have been following this thread for about a year and a half but i never posted. 

My journey started in August 2018 when initially my H1B visa was approved but then I got a call telling me that I need additional processing and to fill the DS5535 form. 

My visa was issued on March 4 2018 and I received my passport yesterday. 

I have few words of advice for those of you who are still waiting. I know and I have personally experienced the horrible feeling of uncertainty caused by this long wait for over 18 months. But trust that there is light at the end of the tunnel since seriously I have not heard yet of anyone who got rejected ( I am sure there are few but very small percentage). 

1. I filed a writ of Mandamus on January 16 and they received it around two weeks later. I believe if I have not done this step, I will most definitely be still waiting now. So thank you for those who without knowing it, encouraged me to do it. 

2. Please do not obsess about the CEAC status check website, I guess especially those of you on non immigrant visas. Mine did not update a single time since I submitted the DS5535 until the day the embassy actually called me to inform me of the approval. After I received the call, I checked and the date was changed. If the date is not changing or changing or whatever, it doesnt mean they are not working on ur case. Try to forget about it.

3. I very much understand that family comes first to most people and I totally respect that. But also alot of us have travel plans related to important career moves or job offers or education degrees. Please lets all support each other and not make statements about only immigrant visas being important. Also let me tell you that there are separate immigrant and non immigrant visa sections run by different people so NO processing of one is not more important than the other and actually numbers and wait times reflect both are very similar if we compare times spent specifically in "AP" and not other steps. 

Good luck to everyone and stay hopeful!

Hi can you please share through with attorney you filed writ of mandamus? I'm in the same situation waiting since 15months its very frustating..i have lost my job as well..did they ask you client letter after filing mandamus? Did u had a job during this whole process?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

Can anyone clarify whether this form is to be returned by email or mail? My fiancée (the beneficiary) was kind of upset in the moment and can’t recall whether the officer said mail or email. The email from the Abu Dhabi embassy also doesn’t include any instructions, only a seemingly incomplete translation of the Arabic (which neither of us speak). We have emailed asking for clarification but I wanted to see if anyone here knows.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.