TBoneTX

Form DS-5535 "Supplemental Questions for Visa Applicants" -- Part 2

1,368 posts in this topic

54 minutes ago, Roor.M said:

I feel like people come and go and I'm still here waiting on my journey to come to a happy ending....

I feel the same way 😩

I have a question for anyone who has information... i contacted my local senator who sent in an inquiry to the US Embassy regarding my husband’s case but I haven’t heard back from him and it’s been 6 weeks.... Does anyone know if the Governor can help?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hello all,

I am new to this thread....however not new to DS-5535. 

1. Visa class:  K1 

2. Country : Brazil 

3. Interview: Sept 4, 2018 

4: DS 5535: September 13, 2018  (via email to my fiancee)

5: USC/Beneficiary: I am the petitioner (man), my fiancee is the beneficiary (woman)

6: Total Time since interview: 8 months

I was just made aware of the thread by someone that I met in the AP topic. I have had both my congresswoman and senator involved. My senator requested an update this week in which we were told the case is still in AP. Since November on the CEAC website the case status has read "READY" but we are continually told the case is in AP. My fiancee interviewed at the Rio De Janeiro consulate. For what it may be worth, the interview went well and my fiancee was told she would have the visa in 2 weeks. They also kept her passport.

I am wondering if there is anyone else out there who has received the DS-5535 and is from Brazil or other South American countries? If so, how long did they wait for an answer following submission of the DS-5535 answers? In general, how long are people waiting for an answer (including other countries)?  We are so worried that after this long wait we will be told that the visa was denied and have to start another process. Also noticed that some people had to get another medical exam. After how long does a medical exam expire? Thanks for the help. I have found this discussion quite informative.

Edited by julianC

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
1 hour ago, NilsaNAnil said:

I feel the same way 😩

I have a question for anyone who has information... i contacted my local senator who sent in an inquiry to the US Embassy regarding my husband’s case but I haven’t heard back from him and it’s been 6 weeks.... Does anyone know if the Governor can help?

U need to call his office directly and make sure they received ur paperwork for the inquiry.every congressman and senator has an immigration dept .u need to get in touch with them.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
2 hours ago, Roor.M said:

I feel like people come and go and I'm still here waiting on my journey to come to a happy ending....

No worries, you're not alone. We've been waiting for 16 months now :( 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
3 hours ago, Sarac9 said:

May Allah issue our loved ones visas and bring them to USA safely in this second week of Ramadan.. in this blessed and holy month. May Allah make things easier for all of us. Amen. 

❤❤❤

Any news of your husband case since you have sent medical I think it's more than month now.

Timeline
2 hours ago, lebanon1989 said:

yes i'am under AP since Feb 2018 without any single update. Type of visa : Tourist visa .

You waiting for tourist visa since 15 months and still you hoping. Great

Timeline
5 hours ago, Sarac9 said:

No not yet...

Isn't it unusual, normally we 've seen the practice that once embassy ask to redo medical means they ready to Issue Visa.you able to check if they really received your medical.

9 hours ago, Sarac9 said:

May Allah issue our loved ones visas and bring them to USA safely in this second week of Ramadan.. in this blessed and holy month. May Allah make things easier for all of us. Amen. 

❤❤❤

Did u get an update on your case after submitting medical? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.