TBoneTX

Form DS-5535 "Supplemental Questions for Visa Applicants" -- Part 2

1,370 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, DanRac said:

Filing a WOM for temporary visa might not be worthwhile. Highly recommended for CR1 or IR1. In my case personally the file was just sitting until the attorney general reached out to the consulate manager for an update. 

An actual WOM isn't a matter of making inquiries.  It is a prolonged and expensive process which can just as easily end in a denial.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Yes! WOM has nothing to do with your actual case. 
Its just requesting the court system to render a final decision. To do that AG reaches out to get details and updates from the consulates. The decision is not favorable or biased against you. It’s just means to get the case processing to a final decision be it may whatever. In my case it was already approved and sitting until the AG reached out to inquire for the lawsuit. If you are stuck chances are you aren’t reaching to the right individuals or agencies to look into this matter. With a lawsuit it really gets the ball rolling. Best decision I took in my life after researching, following this forum in stealth and spending nights worrying. Go with a lawyer on a monthly plan if cost is an issue and such an option is available to you. Good luck all! 

Timeline

Timeline is relatively quick. After filing in court, the agencies have to provide a response after 60 days. Most cases are resolved in 120 days. However if it’s something serious then yes you have no option but to wait and it’s a prolonged process. For example under FBI investigation or something very serious or troubling. 

3 minutes ago, DanRac said:

Yes! WOM has nothing to do with your actual case. 
Its just requesting the court system to render a final decision. To do that AG reaches out to get details and updates from the consulates. The decision is not favorable or biased against you. It’s just means to get the case processing to a final decision be it may whatever. In my case it was already approved and sitting until the AG reached out to inquire for the lawsuit. If you are stuck chances are you aren’t reaching to the right individuals or agencies to look into this matter. With a lawsuit it really gets the ball rolling. Best decision I took in my life after researching, following this forum in stealth and spending nights worrying. Go with a lawyer on a monthly plan if cost is an issue and such an option is available to you. Good luck all! 

Unusual step to have to take for Canada.  I don't believe I've seen that here before.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
10 hours ago, DanRac said:

Timeline is relatively quick. After filing in court, the agencies have to provide a response after 60 days. Most cases are resolved in 120 days. However if it’s something serious then yes you have no option but to wait and it’s a prolonged process. For example under FBI investigation or something very serious or troubling. 

Did you file WOM? So far I haven’t seen anyone who filed WOM & got denied. Ppl only share good news

really would like know what could go wrong with WOM. Money is not the problem for me to get lawyer. Just need to be sure this works 

Timeline

I was worried too. I was following this forum and a lady filed for her husband and she got a positive decision. It encouraged me to do the same. I too had a positive outcome. If you been waiting for over a year for admin processing and money is not a concern Go ahead and file WOM. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Montenegro
Timeline

Had an Interview on October 20.Given white slip 221g to fill and send DS 5535.On November 30 status changed from immigrant to nonimmigrant.

Today my status changed to Issued.

Good luck to everyone😁

I applied for a B2 visitor visa in June 2019, was asked to fill the ds-5535 form. And since that date nothing changed not even a date update on CEAC. Is this normal? I sent many emails and always got the same answer “still undergoing administrative processing “

Any suggestions what to do? Can I just reapply? 
All I want is to visit my family there. I previously had a visa and traveled 4 times.

please any suggestions?

39 minutes ago, sima12 said:

I applied for a B2 visitor visa in June 2019, was asked to fill the ds-5535 form. And since that date nothing changed not even a date update on CEAC. Is this normal? I sent many emails and always got the same answer “still undergoing administrative processing “

Any suggestions what to do? Can I just reapply? 
All I want is to visit my family there. I previously had a visa and traveled 4 times.

please any suggestions?

You can reapply, but if it’s held up in security checks, that won’t change.   Also, which embassy?   Most of them are not doing B-2 interviews anyway.

3 minutes ago, sima12 said:

I have no idea where its held up. I applied in Frankfurt consulate.

Is there some reason why you’re not eligible to travel on an ESTA?

Just now, sima12 said:

I don’t hold a German passport yet( will in 5 months) 

I hold a Syrian passport and work as a IT phd student and thats the reason I got the ds5535 for. 

Okay, there you have your reason for the hold up.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.