TBoneTX

Form DS-5535 "Supplemental Questions for Visa Applicants" -- Part 2

1,370 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline
37 minutes ago, jamesbond123 said:

I found this on this forum.  I think its old, but can be useful

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/140gB8hDCJqi4oB4-dOcsnE5dopNx9TLDn0jZyec-iwA/edit?hl=en&hl=en#gid=0

@Ahmed&Freda is that what you had?

That looks good. I think we need one for specially for the DS5535. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

That Google docs was open to edit and even my entry was changed by another member so I started ny own.  Its also all ds5535 vj members I only focused on Pakistan.

I have included in mine members from Facebook and whatsapp as well so I would not be able to share it.  I just cut out visa journey members for you to start. 

I can send to you at least my notes as well to add to yours when I get on my laptop later today.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline
On 10/22/2020 at 4:34 AM, Ahmed&Freda said:

That Google docs was open to edit and even my entry was changed by another member so I started ny own.  Its also all ds5535 vj members I only focused on Pakistan.

I have included in mine members from Facebook and whatsapp as well so I would not be able to share it.  I just cut out visa journey members for you to start. 

I can send to you at least my notes as well to add to yours when I get on my laptop later today.

can I please join the whatsapp group? 

Thank you

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Other Country: Pakistan
Timeline
On 8/10/2020 at 8:04 PM, Ahmed&Freda said:

This thread is full of people in AP over a year.  My husband's case was in AP for one year and almost 10 months.

Hello :)

my husband had his interview 4/2019. We’ve been in AP. He was told they’d email him and the next day he got ds5535. AP changed to refused like ive seen others as well around 2/2020..in July 2020 he was asked to come for oath and fingerprints he then submitted new medical and passport in August. We’ve gotten no updates since then and our date only update when I’d send inquires. I reached out to senator a couple times. On Thursday my husband got a call from the embassy and they asked to confirm phone number and if he had a second one also and what original documents were still at the embassy and then the gentleman stated he is passing his documents to the officer our case now says “administrative processing” and date updated also. Any ideas If this might be some good news for us FINALLYY!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi, I had my interview at the Montreal consulate in October 2018 for CR1. I was told I was approved passport kept and given a welcome to US paper, but after leaving the consulate same day I was sent an email for form DS 5335. I was put into administrative processing. After checking with a friend of mine who worked for Uscis he advised me that if you are born in certain countries ex. Pakistan, male between the ages of 18-65 there is a high chance of being placed in administrative processing. Even though I’m a Canadian and only have a Canadian passport. He advised back then that I should file a writ but I was hopeful that it would be resolved. March 2020 we filed a writ but due covid-19 happened and the Montreal embassy was closed. Finally when the embassy opened in August I was able to get to get the case moving. 
Finally after all the nightmare I was able to come to the US in November 2020 on an IR-1.

My suggestion is that if you are in administrative processing for over 1 year please file a writ. I used kuck Baxter law firm. They are on the high end but for some money maybe an issue. For me too it was the same but I figured it’s a small price to have peace of mind and I don’t regret it. I paid 5000 USD total. 

Edited by DanRac

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Timeline
On 11/10/2020 at 9:24 AM, DanRac said:

Hi, I had my interview at the Montreal consulate in October 2018 for CR1. I was told I was approved passport kept and given a welcome to US paper, but after leaving the consulate same day I was sent an email for form DS 5335. I was put into administrative processing. After checking with a friend of mine who worked for Uscis he advised me that if you are born in certain countries ex. Pakistan, male between the ages of 18-65 there is a high chance of being placed in administrative processing. Even though I’m a Canadian and only have a Canadian passport. He advised back then that I should file a writ but I was hopeful that it would be resolved. March 2020 we filed a writ but due covid-19 happened and the Montreal embassy was closed. Finally when the embassy opened in August I was able to get to get the case moving. 
Finally after all the nightmare I was able to come to the US in November 2020 on an IR-1.

My suggestion is that if you are in administrative processing for over 1 year please file a writ. I used kuck Baxter law firm. They are on the high end but for some money maybe an issue. For me too it was the same but I figured it’s a small price to have peace of mind and I don’t regret it. I paid 5000 USD total. 

My wife got the form, based on your friend,  she shouldn’t have gotten it

anyone else still waiting?

Timeline
On 10/22/2020 at 7:34 AM, Ahmed&Freda said:

Any update on your list?

Timeline
On 12/20/2020 at 5:16 AM, jamesbond123 said:

Any update on your list?

See your messages.  Hopefully the formatting carried over correctly.

I had my interview on June 2019, so I have been waiting now for 19 months after getting the DS5535 form!! .

I didn’t even get a date update!
My visa is just a B1/B2 for visiting my family. 
Every time I ask, I get the same answer “still under processing “ 
any suggestions?

Edited by sima12

Timeline

Any update from people in Pakistan? CR-1 case?

On 12/27/2020 at 7:20 PM, sima12 said:

I had my interview on June 2019, so I have been waiting now for 19 months after getting the DS5535 form!! .

I didn’t even get a date update!
My visa is just a B1/B2 for visiting my family. 
Every time I ask, I get the same answer “still under processing “ 
any suggestions?

Have you tried filling WOM?

Edited by jamesbond123

7 minutes ago, jamesbond123 said:

My visa is B1/B2 a Tourist visa.. I don’t think I Can apply For WOM ..right?

Just now, sima12 said:

My visa is B1/B2 a Tourist visa.. I don’t think I Can apply For WOM ..right?

Can I simply reapply???

Edited by sima12

2 hours ago, jamesbond123 said:

WOM for a tourist visa?   What a waste of time and money.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Filing a WOM for temporary visa might not be worthwhile. Highly recommended for CR1 or IR1. In my case personally the file was just sitting until the attorney general reached out to the consulate manager for an update. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.