TBoneTX

Form DS-5535 "Supplemental Questions for Visa Applicants" -- Part 2

1,371 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Tory&Taz said:

After 2 years on AP my husband was asked to submit new medical and passport. Then he got a call telling him to come in for another oath. Needless to say we got super excited! . He went to the appointment, they gave him an updated supplementary questionnaire told him to complete it and send it in and said that it will take a few months.

I don’t know if this will ever end....

has anyone heard of this happening?

I never heard of it happening before but nothing surprises me anymore. How long has he been on AP?

i asked my husband if they asked him to go to a second interview but he said no. Just the medical, so I don’t know if they will ask him or not

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
6 hours ago, NilsaNAnil said:

I never heard of it happening before but nothing surprises me anymore. How long has he been on AP?

i asked my husband if they asked him to go to a second interview but he said no. Just the medical, so I don’t know if they will ask him or not

He’s been on AP for 25 months and it’s been 40 months since our priority date. I’m still in shock!

23 hours ago, Tory&Taz said:

After 2 years on AP my husband was asked to submit new medical and passport. Then he got a call telling him to come in for another oath. Needless to say we got super excited! . He went to the appointment, they gave him an updated supplementary questionnaire told him to complete it and send it in and said that it will take a few months.

I don’t know if this will ever end....

has anyone heard of this happening?

if they sent the ds5535 then it will be long process. we did the medical already 2 times both on thier request and both expried and we are still on AP and i dont see it ending without doing a court case to be honest. it is sad but it is the truth. 

Timeline
36 minutes ago, ali azher khan said:

my question is for Tory & taz

Yes, supplementary questionnaire and Ds5535 are the same thing. The form the embassy gives him doesn’t mention a form number but it is ds5535.

39 minutes ago, ali azher khan said:

could you please  define what is that supplementary questionnaire.Are you talking about ds5535 ? In feb 2018 when i was placed in A.P IT was an E.mail from an embassy asking the same questions which latter they have given the name ds5535 

Timeline
2 hours ago, fakeeh said:

if they sent the ds5535 then it will be long process. we did the medical already 2 times both on thier request and both expried and we are still on AP and i dont see it ending without doing a court case to be honest. it is sad but it is the truth. 

Have you taken your case to court?

I have a feeling they lost the 1st one and never did any type of check there’s no explanation to why this is happening. Part of me is thinking they need the last 2 years of info (since he last submitted it) but that would be the case with everyone and no one else has been asked to resubmit it.

Nothing makes sense anymore, at this point after receiving a letter in error that his case had been processed (back in 2017) then receiving an actual social security card and green card for a person I’ve never heard of yet somehow my name and address ended up on his case and no one could give me an explanation as to why (FYI his case was processed in Cairo as well) and now this, I’ve lost faith in the system. How can they do all that and not give any information, they should have an obligation to explain things when it’s a mix up on their part, we get penalized if a document is missing or there is a Typo (by waiting extra months) and they can do what they want, mess up and have no one to answer to. Everything gets brush under the carpet if it’s their fault. Ok...my ranting show is over LOL! I apologize to everyone for treating this like therapy. I’m just so frustrated and unfortunately no one in my life (other than my husband) understands what I’m going through or how it feels. The only place I have to complain and people will actually understand how I feel is on this forum. I hope we all get happy endings.

22 hours ago, Tory&Taz said:

I have a feeling they lost the 1st one and never did any type of check there’s no explanation to why this is happening. Part of me is thinking they need the last 2 years of info (since he last submitted it) but that would be the case with everyone and no one else has been asked to resubmit it.

Nothing makes sense anymore, at this point after receiving a letter in error that his case had been processed (back in 2017) then receiving an actual social security card and green card for a person I’ve never heard of yet somehow my name and address ended up on his case and no one could give me an explanation as to why (FYI his case was processed in Cairo as well) and now this, I’ve lost faith in the system. How can they do all that and not give any information, they should have an obligation to explain things when it’s a mix up on their part, we get penalized if a document is missing or there is a Typo (by waiting extra months) and they can do what they want, mess up and have no one to answer to. Everything gets brush under the carpet if it’s their fault. Ok...my ranting show is over LOL! I apologize to everyone for treating this like therapy. I’m just so frustrated and unfortunately no one in my life (other than my husband) understands what I’m going through or how it feels. The only place I have to complain and people will actually understand how I feel is on this forum. I hope we all get happy endings.

we understand your frustation  it seems like next year will be the beginning of new era.

On 7/10/2020 at 4:08 PM, Tory&Taz said:

no we didnot file a case as we cannot affford it and we are not sure if it really worth it. we know a family who was send email that thier case is conclulded and they can submit the passport for staming (after 2 years of ap) and they return the passport with no visa and was put back in ap and now already 1 year passed with no visa.

for them we are just a case number there is no feeling behind it.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
On 1/8/2020 at 11:55 PM, JUV said:

My case in Beirut also showing expiring soon and last updated 8-jan-2020, I dropped email to embassy and still waiting for their reply

i am just curious whats the one with 2018 year? case filed? (whats above case updated-8th jan 2020?)

Filed: IR-2 Country: Palestine
Timeline
On 6/17/2020 at 6:34 AM, khadijamome said:

Do you know anyone whose ds5535 ap got over in few months?  Need motivation. Esp f4 visa. 

•  

My husband was given a DS-5535 after his interview via email. It was given in July of 2018 and he was asked to hand in his passport for a visa on March 2019. But me and him were separated (still separated) and he refused the visa. Of course his case all together has been cancelled but yes his visa would have been issued after only a few months. His visa was CR-1 but my cousins husband who also had his interview during the same time has still not gotten his visa or even been notified about it. It’s been two years for them. But he does have a minor criminal record (throwing rocks at Israeli soldiers) So it maybe another few years before he gets approved. 

On 7/29/2020 at 1:20 PM, AdamKhattab said:

My husband was given a DS-5535 after his interview via email. It was given in July of 2018 and he was asked to hand in his passport for a visa on March 2019. But me and him were separated (still separated) and he refused the visa. Of course his case all together has been cancelled but yes his visa would have been issued after only a few months. His visa was CR-1 but my cousins husband who also had his interview during the same time has still not gotten his visa or even been notified about it. It’s been two years for them. But he does have a minor criminal record (throwing rocks at Israeli soldiers) So it maybe another few years before he gets approved. 

How did he cancel his visa? I mean how did he refuse it? Did he withdraw his application during AP?

Will this have any consequences for him just trying to travel to the US as a visitor with an ESTA only?

Timeline
1 hour ago, Cashorino said:

How did he cancel his visa? I mean how did he refuse it? Did he withdraw his application during AP?

Will this have any consequences for him just trying to travel to the US as a visitor with an ESTA only?

They asked him to turn in his passport for they could give him his visa and he refused. After that I called the Embassy and asked for them to place his visa on temporary hold. They told me that my husband had a year to get his visa if in a year he didn’t turn in his passport his visa would be cancelled. It’s been a year and a few months now so definitely cancelled.

He’s Palestinian so he wouldn’t qualify for a ESTA anyway  

17 minutes ago, AdamKhattab said:

They asked him to turn in his passport for they could give him his visa and he refused. After that I called the Embassy and asked for them to place his visa on temporary hold. They told me that my husband had a year to get his visa if in a year he didn’t turn in his passport his visa would be cancelled. It’s been a year and a few months now so definitely cancelled.

He’s Palestinian so he wouldn’t qualify for a ESTA anyway  

Ohh ok. What does his status say now when he log into the CEAC site? does it say "refused" or "cancelled"?

And why did he refuse the visa if I may ask?

Timeline
1 hour ago, Cashorino said:

Ohh ok. What does his status say now when he log into the CEAC site? does it say "refused" or "cancelled"?

And why did he refuse the visa if I may ask?

It says refused but I was sent an email stating that he can no longer get his visa and if he wants to he has to reapply and start all over.

We have a son together and at that time the Embassy told us that as soon as my husband gets his visa that they’ll give my son a visa as well and I could complete his papers in the US so my husband decided to forfeit the visa so my son couldn’t get his visa either. It was way to keep our son from getting his visa. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.