andreaam

Argentinians AOS fillers

928 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline
On 4/2/2020 at 11:02 AM, Fla&Mark said:

Hello everybody!

My case for EAD updated today to "New Card Is Being Produced". Not a good timing but I've been waiting six months for this, so I'm VERY happy.  Just wanted to let you know that it seems that USCIS is working back on our cases. 

Also, I don't want to miss the opportunity to thank once again to all of you for taking the time to read and help.

Stay safe! 

Congrats @Fla&Mark is a nice feeling even though the world is crazy. I hope it arrives soon!

Update:  There is second case in VJ that got approved for the GC without an interview.

Walt Disney Animation GIF

November 2010 - Met/Just Friends

June 2017 - I caught feelings, you want to try this?  Yes.
June 2018 - Do you want to get married?  Yes.
November 2018 - K1 filed

May 2019 - K1 interview scheduled and packet sent to embassy

June 2019 - K1 interview, approved, and moved to USA

August 2019 - Married

September 2019 - AOS/EAD/AP filed

October 2019 - Biometrics Appointment

January 2020 - AOS RFE for birth certificate received and sent back

February 2020 - EAD/AP approved and got the card

October 2020 - EAD/AP renewal filed

November 2020 - EAD/AP renewal approved and got the card - AOS interview date issued

December 2020 - AOS interview, approved, and GC received

September 2022 - ROC filed

Update:  Third case approved without interview.

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

November 2020 - EAD/AP renewal approved and got the card - AOS interview date issued

6 minutes ago, andreaam said:

A colombian girl that is my running club just told me that got her GC approved without interview here in NYC

Fourth case! Hooray! This seems encouraging.  Thank you for letting us know.

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

Timeline

Congrats on everyone that got their stuff approved lately!. 

I Wanted to pass along this information to see if maybe works out for you guys. My wife recently started working for a grocery delivery service called ShipT. Here's the website https://www.shipt.com/. Of course is not the dream job or anything but it's pretty good money for the time being. Considering the current crisis that is shutting down a lot of job hires and interviews I thought I'd share this.

Good luck to anyone in this crazy times!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Argentina
Timeline

We just came back from USPS! I can't believe we finally filed this application after almost a month of working on putting them together lol!! Hoping for the best! I'll keep everyone posted on receipt dates. It's supposed to arrive to the lockbox on Thursday and then we'll wait. 🙏🙏🙏

3 minutes ago, andreaam said:

Another argentinian approved without interview! I just read it in the July filers thread

Omg yesssss!! Praying we all get this.

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

Just checking in!  How is everyone doing?

Also, an update, I saw a video posted on Youtube from an immigration lawyer in California that he is seeing a lot of employment-based AOS GCs come through without interviews.  He did mentioned that some family-based (marriage) are also happening the same way.  Even though nothing can be confirmed yet, he believes it could happen and become a trend since "desperate times call for desperate measures" and they are trying to work on backlog.

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

Timeline

Hey guys! I have a question, hope someone can help me please🙏

I haven't been able to flight yet, because as you probably know borders are still close in Argentina. And quarantine is still mandatory. 

I have a doubt regarding the police certificate... it was just for the interview or it has to be valid at POE too? Because mine expires  soon, and the Embassy is not answering questions still further notice. Also does anybody know anything about borders being closed at the States too? Thank you all!

Timeline

@Jonnat Do you have your K1 Visa already?  

From my understanding, the Police Certificate should be valid for the interview. They don't specifically ask for it at the point of entry - instead you hand immigration a manila envelope that you receive from the embassy (along with your visa). The envelop can't be opened or tampered with, so I would assume that any records of information like the police certificate, etc. are in there and if they were valid at the time of issuing the visa, then the packet is going to be fine going through POE. 

You should also have your medical x-rays/information on hand as well when going through POE (do not pack in a checked bag, you must keep them with you via a carry on. We carefully rolled the x-rays and placed into a carry on suitcase). 

The primary concern is the Medical becoming invalid as you still need to turn in medical information for the Adjustment of Status. As long as you had a complete vaccination record (form DS-3025), then you can use that form if it's still valid. Otherwise, you have to go obtain a new medical/Form I-693 (I think... we had everything on the DS-3025). You don't use the Police Certificate in the Adjustment of Status/EAD/AP filing.

I think flights are still restricted here to more "essential" right now. Each state is handling travel a little differently at the borders. For example, we are in Texas and anyone driving in from Louisiana was either getting turned back (if they didn't have a specific location to go) or getting mandatory 14 day quarantine. Same went with anyone getting off specific flights from like New York/other high-risk states (they would need to comply with a 14 day mandatory quarantine). Also, our state is looking to open some retail services starting this week, so it's really a state-by-state basis right now. 

Hope this helps some!

Hope everyone is doing well and staying safe!

Hi guys! 

It’s been a while, hope everyone is staying safe. This morning our I-485 updated to “Ready to be scheduled for an interview”!!

We filed AOS in February so this is insane. Hoping it’s not a glitch but so happy to be moving forward 🎉🎉🎉

♡ K1 ♡

I-129F sent - 3/6/2019

NOA1 - 3/13/2019

NOA2  - 5/30/2019 (no RFE)

Interview - 8/29/2019 

Visa Issued - 12/5/2019 🎉🎉🎉

POE - 2/4/2020 

Wedding - 2/12/2020 👰🏼🤵🏽

AOS ♡

I-485/I-765/I-131 sent - 2/13/2020

NOA1 - 2/19/2020

Biometrics - 3/9/2020

Ready to Schedule GC Interview - 4/20/2020 (no RFE)

EAD/AP in hand - 8/1/2020

GC Interview - 6/22/2021 (RFE, USCIS lost our medical 😡)

GC Approved!!!! - 8/11/2021 🙌🏻🎊

GC in hand - 8/17/2021

ROC ♡

I-1751 sent - 5/19/2023
Case received - 5/22/2023
NOA1 - 6/3/2023 - Potomac Service Center 
GC extension received - 6/5/2023

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.