andreaam

Argentinians AOS fillers

928 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline
2 minutes ago, andreaam said:

Totally agree with cover letter. The interview I got that got cancelled said my cover letter talked a lot to them and that’s why they wanted to meet me. 

Yes! That's what I'm talking about 😄 I'm so happy for you! And for the strength and help everybody is sharing on this group. Aguante Argentina! 

Timeline

@Jonnat I really understand your frustration, after all the hard work, waitting and time you've been waiting for this, COVID19 is not letting you get here. 

Remember your visa durates 6 months on your passport before traveling. If you find how to arrive here, don't use LATAM a friend of mine is stucked in Barcelona because tickets costs are $3000 Euros. And if your fiance can, check if clerks offices are still working to marry people, because at least with the new thing of avoiding big gatherings in churches, and other public places, you need to be sure if you arrive in the US right now, you need to marry before the 90 days period and also send all the AOS/EAD and advance parole within that period of time. 

If I get to know more information about airlines will definitely let you know. 

Edited by Fer Schvarztman

Timeline
37 minutes ago, andreaam said:

I just read on Reddit that all offices of USCIS are closed until at least April 1st 😲

Yes I have read that too. They will sent out notices for applicants with new interview dates, also can't certify my marriage certificate because it will be closed too. The ones waiting for the interview like me, please have patience, check all your paperwork, practice for the interview and let's hope the best, here I add the link where I read the news 

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/17/politics/uscis-closing-in-person-services/index.html

Timeline

Hey everyone, If you are waiting for your greencard interview you may get this update on the USCIS app or website on your case. Let me know if you agree on this: The notice seems to say that they may make a decision with or without interview or just ask something from us, I'm wondering if they will ask us to mail them the proofs or paperwork we prepared for the interview. 

Will keep you posted about this as soon as I get the Notice Letter

20200318_101655.jpg

2 minutes ago, Fer Schvarztman said:

Hey everyone, If you are waiting for your greencard interview you may get this update on the USCIS app or website on your case. Let me know if you agree on this: The notice seems to say that they may make a decision with or without interview or just ask something from us, I'm wondering if they will ask us to mail them the proofs or paperwork we prepared for the interview. 

Will keep you posted about this as soon as I get the Notice Letter

20200318_101655.jpg

I asked in another post whether we would go back to "old times"and someone shared something similar to this (we haven't gotten anything).  Yes, I was wondering if they are going to go back to the "old times", when they only required interviews for certain cases not for the ones that would look "good on paper".  If they do, at least this is a silver lining for most of us.  Thank you for the update and keep us posted.

Walt Disney Animation GIF

November 2010 - Met/Just Friends

June 2017 - I caught feelings, you want to try this?  Yes.
June 2018 - Do you want to get married?  Yes.
November 2018 - K1 filed

May 2019 - K1 interview scheduled and packet sent to embassy

June 2019 - K1 interview, approved, and moved to USA

August 2019 - Married

September 2019 - AOS/EAD/AP filed

October 2019 - Biometrics Appointment

January 2020 - AOS RFE for birth certificate received and sent back

February 2020 - EAD/AP approved and got the card

October 2020 - EAD/AP renewal filed

November 2020 - EAD/AP renewal approved and got the card - AOS interview date issued

December 2020 - AOS interview, approved, and GC received

September 2022 - ROC filed

Just now, Fer Schvarztman said:

@Fe.Ta thanks so much! I didn't know it used to be like that. If it is for long relationships should be a win the old way of proceeding. Will keep you posted

Yes, they used to only do interviews for cases that they needed the in-person contact to make a decision because a case was not solid, had red flags, etc.  Otherwise, you could get approved or have more info to submit without an interview.  At some point, the times were actually shorter as well, so you had people that by this time (like you who have been in U.S. a year and some days) would have been halfway through the conditional GC.  **Sigh**

Walt Disney Animation GIF

November 2010 - Met/Just Friends

June 2017 - I caught feelings, you want to try this?  Yes.
June 2018 - Do you want to get married?  Yes.
November 2018 - K1 filed

May 2019 - K1 interview scheduled and packet sent to embassy

June 2019 - K1 interview, approved, and moved to USA

August 2019 - Married

September 2019 - AOS/EAD/AP filed

October 2019 - Biometrics Appointment

January 2020 - AOS RFE for birth certificate received and sent back

February 2020 - EAD/AP approved and got the card

October 2020 - EAD/AP renewal filed

November 2020 - EAD/AP renewal approved and got the card - AOS interview date issued

December 2020 - AOS interview, approved, and GC received

September 2022 - ROC filed

Timeline

@Fer Schvarztman so sorry it got canceled! We made ours just for a couple of days. 
I guess we will see how everyone’s cases develop after this. We will need a little bit of time to see if they reschedule or start approving cases without interview. 
Personally, I have never seen any case being approved without interview. So it will be interesting to see the new approach. 
I didn’t get a certified copy of my marriage certificate. I just made a copy of our original marriage certificate and carry the original with us. The officer only asked to see the original to check with the copy they already have. Just telling you because is not necessary to spend that money (I think it costs 60)

Please keep us posted for any development in your case!! 

Edited by andreaam

Timeline

@andreaam thanks for the tip! So one less thing I have to do. Sure I will keep you updated on my case. I'm also very curious how they will proceed as this COVID19 virus is something we  as society have no experience or presence at the level of the situation and how long it'll take. I didn't know in the past not all cases had interviews, let's see how this develops and as soon as I get my notice will let you know. 

Thanks so much to all of you, helping each other is the way how we will get through this. Let's keep being strong! 

Timeline

Hi everyone! I have new update on my case, just when President Trump was giving the COVID19 update. Seems like we will actually have an interview with a new date, so just waiting to receive it on my mail. As soon as I get it will let you know. 

20200319_125852.jpg

Timeline

Hello guys! How are you all?? How are your feeling these days? 
Stay safe and healthy. I’m thinking and wishing for a good turnover for all of us. 
Keep me posted. 

Andrea 😃

Timeline

@andreaam That's so awesome! So happy for you!!! Thank you so much for keeping us posted and helping us along the way during our own journeys 🤗

We are still waiting to hear an update after sending back our RFE for the Acta. It's been almost at a month since we sent in our response. With all that is going on and the more pressing matters like interviews getting rescheduled, etc. I'm sure we might be waiting a little longer at this point, but staying hopeful that we might hear something before March is over! 

Hope everyone is doing well! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.