andreaam

Argentinians AOS fillers

928 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline

Starting this thread for argentinians filling AOS out there.  AOS information is general for everyone from every country. We just decided to make this thread to try to keep argentinians together.

@Fernanda R Sanz kindly wrote down th things to do as soon as you arrive to the US for AOS

1.  I-94 Form: you download it from the gov page. At customs they register your entry on that form. You need this paper to get an SSN#, AOS, EAD and AP. The trick here, is that this form expires 7 days after your arrival (not the Visa, only the validity of this I94 Form) so you MUST process your SSN# before it expires. If not, you will get lots of delays. 
  2. SSN#: You are told that you must wait 1 or 2 weeks since your arrival to apply for an SSN#, so you give time for the system to pull up your data. And also apply before the 90 days expire. I've apply one day before my I94 Form was going to expire, and the system was down so I will need to wait a month to receive my SSN# with my single name. 
  3. Buy the Marriage License and get married. (When you have your ssn#, go back and ask to have your name changed from for single name, to your married name. This will work as a proof of genuine marriage.)
  4. Take pictures of all the activities, trips,dinners,sightseeing places,etc. You need to show how the relationship continues on this 90 days period. (Of course you need to add pictures of the wedding and reception)
  5. Joint Account: Create a joint account as soon as you are married, so it'll show both names and address, as well as proof of all the marriage spendings,rent,etc. You need your SSN# and marriage certificate to get one, also as soon as you get an account, the better to get credit.
  6. Creditcard and personal account for beneficiary: You need to have a service under your name and SSN# to have one. Also do it as soon as possible, so you start gaining credit points. 
  7. Do Affidavit of Support.
  8. Fill out forms and do copies. 
  9. Lease or mortgage: you'll need proof of adress, so after marriage,ssn#, and accounts, both names of spouses should be in the lease or mortgage. Also must have services under both of you, showing same adress and congratulatory letters to both spouses to the same home adress

I'll write down a check list for AOS, EAD and AP

AOS

• Form I-485 completed and signed by beneficiary
  • Cover letter with table of contents
  • Form I-693 (if overseas medical expired)
  • overseas DS-3025 vaccination report
  • Form G-1145
  • I-94 (you get it online like it says above)
  • I-129f approval letter from USCIS petition  aka NOA2
  • Birth Certificate Both Spouses (the BC from the beneficiary has to be translated and apostilled)
  • Copy passport biography page of both spouses
  • Copy of passport visa history and entry stamp of beneficiary 
  • Color passpor style photographs
  • $1225 check or money order for filling and biometric fees
  • Divorce documents (apostilled and translated too)
  • I-864 Affidavit of support
  • Photographs of the 90 days process
  • Marriage certificate (original or certified copy)

EAD

• Form I-765 completed and signed by beneficiary
  • Copy of beneficiary's Passport with biographical page 
  • Copy of beneficiary's K1 Visa from Passport and entry stamp
  • Passport Photos (2) name written on the back
  • Form G-1145
  • I-94
  • I-129F approval lettere from USCIS NOA2
  • Marriage Certificate (copy)

AP

• Form I-131 completed and signed by beneficiary
  • Form G-1145
  • I-94

Please, if you have more information, comment down below so we can help eachother! Cheers!

1 minute ago, andreaam said:

Starting this thread for argentinians filling AOS out there.  AOS information is general for everyone from every country. We just decided to make this thread to try to keep argentinians together.

@Fernanda R Sanz kindly wrote down th things to do as soon as you arrive to the US for AOS

1.  I-94 Form: you download it from the gov page. At customs they register your entry on that form. You need this paper to get an SSN#, AOS, EAD and AP. The trick here, is that this form expires 7 days after your arrival (not the Visa, only the validity of this I94 Form) so you MUST process your SSN# before it expires. If not, you will get lots of delays. 
  2. SSN#: You are told that you must wait 1 or 2 weeks since your arrival to apply for an SSN#, so you give time for the system to pull up your data. And also apply before the 90 days expire. I've apply one day before my I94 Form was going to expire, and the system was down so I will need to wait a month to receive my SSN# with my single name. 
  3. Buy the Marriage License and get married. (When you have your ssn#, go back and ask to have your name changed from for single name, to your married name. This will work as a proof of genuine marriage.)
  4. Take pictures of all the activities, trips,dinners,sightseeing places,etc. You need to show how the relationship continues on this 90 days period. (Of course you need to add pictures of the wedding and reception)
  5. Joint Account: Create a joint account as soon as you are married, so it'll show both names and address, as well as proof of all the marriage spendings,rent,etc. You need your SSN# and marriage certificate to get one, also as soon as you get an account, the better to get credit.
  6. Creditcard and personal account for beneficiary: You need to have a service under your name and SSN# to have one. Also do it as soon as possible, so you start gaining credit points. 
  7. Do Affidavit of Support.
  8. Fill out forms and do copies. 
  9. Lease or mortgage: you'll need proof of adress, so after marriage,ssn#, and accounts, both names of spouses should be in the lease or mortgage. Also must have services under both of you, showing same adress and congratulatory letters to both spouses to the same home adress

I'll write down a check list for AOS, EAD and AP

AOS

• Form I-485 completed and signed by beneficiary
  • Form I-693 (if overseas medical expired)
  • overseas DS-3025 vaccination report
  • Form G-1145
  • I-94 (you get it online like it says above)
  • I-129f approval letter from USCIS petition  aka NOA2
  • Birth Certificate Both Spouses (the BC from the beneficiary has to be translated and apostilled)
  • Copy passport biography page of both spouses
  • Copy of passport visa history and entry stamp of beneficiary 
  • Color passpor style photographs
  • $1225 check or money order for filling and biometric fees
  • Divorce documents (apostilled and translated too)
  • I-864 Affidavit of support
  • Photographs of the 90 days process
  • Marriage certificate (original or certified copy)

EAD

• Form I-765 completed and signed by beneficiary
  • Form G-1145
  • I-94

AP

• Form I-131 completed and signed by beneficiary
  • Form G-1145
  • I-94

Please, if you have more information, comment down below so we can help eachother! Cheers!

Thank you!

Walt Disney Animation GIF

November 2010 - Met/Just Friends

June 2017 - I caught feelings, you want to try this?  Yes.
June 2018 - Do you want to get married?  Yes.
November 2018 - K1 filed

May 2019 - K1 interview scheduled and packet sent to embassy

June 2019 - K1 interview, approved, and moved to USA

August 2019 - Married

September 2019 - AOS/EAD/AP filed

October 2019 - Biometrics Appointment

January 2020 - AOS RFE for birth certificate received and sent back

February 2020 - EAD/AP approved and got the card

October 2020 - EAD/AP renewal filed

November 2020 - EAD/AP renewal approved and got the card - AOS interview date issued

December 2020 - AOS interview, approved, and GC received

September 2022 - ROC filed

Timeline

Hi, hope someone can help me out. 

The AOS Form I-485> page 3> Part 2> 2. Says:

"Are you applying for adjustment based on the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) section 245(i)?" Is it yes or no?. I selected yes, because under the cuestion says: "you must have selected a family-based (k1 is considered a family based visa), employment-based,etc as the basis for your application for adjustment of status. Fill out the rest of this application and the Supplement A to Form I485 Adjustment of Status Under Section 245(i) (Supplement A).

K1 holders also must fill out this supplement? I read the I485 instructions but got even more confused. @Greenbaum can you help me please?

@Fernanda R Sanz Your info is so helpful, thanks so much! Could you post the links to the sites for the 2 apostille options you mentioned on the other thread? 

♡ K1 ♡

I-129F sent - 3/6/2019

NOA1 - 3/13/2019

NOA2  - 5/30/2019 (no RFE)

Interview - 8/29/2019 

Visa Issued - 12/5/2019 🎉🎉🎉

POE - 2/4/2020 

Wedding - 2/12/2020 👰🏼🤵🏽

AOS ♡

I-485/I-765/I-131 sent - 2/13/2020

NOA1 - 2/19/2020

Biometrics - 3/9/2020

Ready to Schedule GC Interview - 4/20/2020 (no RFE)

EAD/AP in hand - 8/1/2020

GC Interview - 6/22/2021 (RFE, USCIS lost our medical 😡)

GC Approved!!!! - 8/11/2021 🙌🏻🎊

GC in hand - 8/17/2021

ROC ♡

I-1751 sent - 5/19/2023
Case received - 5/22/2023
NOA1 - 6/3/2023 - Potomac Service Center 
GC extension received - 6/5/2023

Timeline
2 hours ago, Andrea + Gaston said:

@Fernanda R Sanz Your info is so helpful, thanks so much! Could you post the links to the sites for the 2 apostille options you mentioned on the other thread? 

Hey! I don't have them because my dad is doing the process in Argentina while I'm in the states. If you search Cancilleria capital Federal, apostilla, you'll get to the link 😊

Timeline
1 minute ago, Javier Mera said:

Thanks for posting more info here. So for K1 visa we need to do all AOS, EAD and AP? or just AOS?

You need to do AOS, EAD (so she can work before GC arrives) and AP (in case she needs to leave the country for an emergency)

EAD and AP are free if you are filling AOS

Timeline
6 minutes ago, andreaam said:

You need to do AOS, EAD (so she can work before GC arrives) and AP (in case she needs to leave the country for an emergency)

EAD and AP are free if you are filling AOS

Ah gotcha. I'm already freaking out that there are three more forms to fill out haha. To apply for an SSN is that anything special? Or would she just have to go to the social security administration and apply for one with the marriage visa? 

Edited by Javier Mera

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Javier Mera said:

Ah gotcha. I'm already freaking out that there are three more forms to fill out haha. To apply for an SSN is that anything special? Or would she just have to go to the social security administration and apply for one with the marriage visa? 

I'm freaking out already haha

She will need the I-94 form. You download it from the internet a couple days after she arrives. Fernanda describe it in the first post. I can´t give you more help because I have SSN already because I worked in the US.

Timeline

Para los que deban apostillar y traducir documentos, esto es lo que pude averiguar para los que no son de capital. Voy a ahondar en detalles sobre mi proceso en Córdoba pero he estado viendo que para otras provincias es similar, solamente cambia los lugares a los que hay que dirigirse.

Personalmente solamente debo realizar este trámite con la partida de nacimiento.

A. Hacer legalizar Acta de Nacimiento en el registro civil de la ciudad. En Cba está en la calle Caseros 356. El costo es de $65 y está listo en 24hs. Se paga por Rapipago o Banco de Cba http://portaldetramites.cba.gov.ar/ver/tramite/552 link con más info.

B. Apostillar el AN en el Colegio de Escribanos más cercano. En Cba está en Obispo Trejo y 27 de abril. Costo $750 y está listo en menos de 5 días hábiles. Se paga por débito o crédito en el Colegio. No aceptan efectivo. http://escribanos.org.ar/servicios/ link con más info,

C. Traducción por traductor matriculado. Buscar online el Colegio de traductores de tu provincia, y en el mismo buscar el indice de profesionales. Este el el link para Cba    https://www.coltrad-cba.org.ar/es/matriculados.php  Ahí buscan según su localidad o preferencia y llaman o envían email para pedir presupuesto. El costo según el Colegio es $1100 la traducción por forja. Pueden cobrar más o menos según el profesional. Por ejemplo yo pedí 5 presupuestos y 4 me pasaron 1100 y uno 1200 así que mucho no varía por lo menos en Cba. Al tener que traducir el AN y la apostilla, son dos forjas así que el costo total es de $2200. El tiempo varía según el profesional.

D. Apostilla traducción. Una vez hecha la traducción se debe legalizar la misma. Se hace en el mismo Colegio de Escribanos que se apostillo el AN. En Cba está en Obispo Trejo y 27 de abril. Costo $750 y está listo en menos de 5 días hábiles. Se paga por débito o crédito en el Colegio.

Espero que sirva! De nuevo repito que esto varía en donde se encuentren pero generalmente los pasos son los mismos. 

Si alguien tiene alguna información diferente por favor corrigame y nos ayudamos entre todos. Simplemente yo estoy contando lo que hice.

Edited by andreaam

7 minutes ago, andreaam said:

Para los que deban apostillar y traducir documentos, esto es lo que pude averiguar para los que no son de capital. Voy a ahondar en detalles sobre mi proceso en Córdoba pero he estado viendo que para otras provincias es similar, solamente cambia los lugares a los que hay que dirigirse.

Personalmente solamente debo realizar este trámite con la partida de nacimiento.

A. Hacer legalizar Acta de Nacimiento en el registro civil de la ciudad. En Cba está en la calle Caseros 356. El costo es de $65 y está listo en 24hs. Se paga por Rapipago o Banco de Cba http://portaldetramites.cba.gov.ar/ver/tramite/552 link con más info.

B. Apostillar el AN en el Colegio de Escribanos más cercano. En Cba está en Obispo Trejo y 27 de abril. Costo $750 y está listo en menos de 5 días hábiles. Se paga por débito o crédito en el Colegio. No aceptan efectivo. http://escribanos.org.ar/servicios/ link con más info,

C. Traducción por traductor matriculado. Buscar online el Colegio de traductores de tu provincia, y en el mismo buscar el indice de profesionales. Este el el link para Cba    https://www.coltrad-cba.org.ar/es/matriculados.php  Ahí buscan según su localidad o preferencia y llaman o envían email para pedir presupuesto. El costo según el Colegio es $1100 la traducción por forja. Pueden cobrar más o menos según el profesional. Por ejemplo yo pedí 5 presupuestos y 4 me pasaron 1100 y uno 1200 así que mucho no varía por lo menos en Cba. Al tener que traducir el AN y la apostilla, son dos forjas así que el costo total es de $2200. El tiempo varía según el profesional.

D. Apostilla traducción. Una vez hecha la traducción se debe legalizar la misma. Se hace en el mismo Colegio de Escribanos que se apostillo el AN. En Cba está en Obispo Trejo y 27 de abril. Costo $750 y está listo en menos de 5 días hábiles. Se paga por débito o crédito en el Colegio.

Espero que sirva! De nuevo repito que esto varía en donde se encuentren pero generalmente los pasos son los mismos. 

Si alguien tiene alguna información diferente por favor corrigame y nos ayudamos entre todos. Simplemente yo estoy contando lo que hice.

Gracias por la informacion.  En mi caso, como estaremos un tiempo despues de la entrevista.  Parece que podriamos hacerlo despues o recomiendas hacerlo antes de la entrevista?

Walt Disney Animation GIF

November 2010 - Met/Just Friends

June 2017 - I caught feelings, you want to try this?  Yes.
June 2018 - Do you want to get married?  Yes.
November 2018 - K1 filed

May 2019 - K1 interview scheduled and packet sent to embassy

June 2019 - K1 interview, approved, and moved to USA

August 2019 - Married

September 2019 - AOS/EAD/AP filed

October 2019 - Biometrics Appointment

January 2020 - AOS RFE for birth certificate received and sent back

February 2020 - EAD/AP approved and got the card

October 2020 - EAD/AP renewal filed

November 2020 - EAD/AP renewal approved and got the card - AOS interview date issued

December 2020 - AOS interview, approved, and GC received

September 2022 - ROC filed

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Fe.Ta said:

Gracias por la informacion.  En mi caso, como estaremos un tiempo despues de la entrevista.  Parece que podriamos hacerlo despues o recomiendas hacerlo antes de la entrevista?

Yo creo que se puede hacer fácilmente en dos semanas. Para la entrevista no lo necesitas de esta forma. Con que esté en español sirve. Lo pueden hacer después de la entrevista una vez que se saquen el peso de la misma de encima jaja. Pero ustedes deciden 

On 5/4/2019 at 1:21 AM, Fernanda R Sanz said:

Hey! I don't have them because my dad is doing the process in Argentina while I'm in the states. If you search Cancilleria capital Federal, apostilla, you'll get to the link 😊

Hey @Fernanda R Sanz!

When you gave your acta de nacimiento and then your visa was issued, did they return your original acta de nacimiento when you picked up your passport with the visa at the ASC?

Or do they never give you back your original acta de nacimiento once it's given to the embassy?

24 minutes ago, Ointeina said:

Hey @Fernanda R Sanz!

When you gave your acta de nacimiento and then your visa was issued, did they return your original acta de nacimiento when you picked up your passport with the visa at the ASC?

Or do they never give you back your original acta de nacimiento once it's given to the embassy?

@andreaam Hey there!
Would you be able to answer this question by chance?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.